You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

Renegade Zone  \  Renegade Zone  \  Maps/Mods  \  Tiberian

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Tiberian

razorblade001

01 March 2005 04:03 (UK time)

Ok, normaly i make maps for myself that are deathmatches with AI on it. But now im starting to make maps with Nod and GDI bases in them. So that means i need tiberian fields... but i don't know how to create them, so can someone please tell me.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

bisen11

01 March 2005 14:19 (UK time)

All i know is that you need to go into script zones and make a tiberium zone near each base so thats where the harvaster will go to collect it.

razorblade001

02 March 2005 02:59 (UK time)

ya, i knew that, i wanna know how to get the texture of tiberian on the mesh.
Srry, i shoulda mentioned that before

SuPpIePuP

02 March 2005 23:44 (UK time)

Oh thats easy first you make a plane in renx on your map or what ever you plan on useing as the map then make another plane (plane is the tib feild) make it about ooo lets go with 20x20 that should be a perfect size and then there are those little boxes at the bottom of ren/gmax that have the X Y Z that will be used to lower it which mine to lower it on my map was at X 5.494 Y -60.611 and Z was at 0.001 and that is for the tib feild and my map was set at X 1.916 Y -28.512 Z 0.0 u can change were the tib feild is easily which you should know and when you texture it press m change the surface type to Tiberum Feild In (Properties tab on window that opens when you click M) Then click the pass 1 tab then the textures tab then check these boxes: Stage 0 Texture then click the button that says NONE which means no textures are on that Model then find the tiberum feild in your renegade textures folder which you should download at ftp.westwood.com I think and then go to the tab at the top just a little away from top that looks like a hammer click that then w3d tools then Scrool down aways and set the collison options as the following: Physical,Camera,Vehicle,And Projectiles Then your done and if you need two which is what I ussaly do just go to edit clone and click ok on box and you got another tib feild already set as the first 1. If u dont understand sorry lol. cant upload pictures

Edited: 02 March 2005 23:45

razorblade001

03 March 2005 03:09 (UK time)

thank u so much. I knew it had to with creating another plane. I was trying to get 3 textures with vertex paint.

SuPpIePuP

24 March 2005 20:54 (UK time)

np there is another way to make it look better thats with aplha blending but that takes to long to talk about lol when you can just to www.renhelp.co.uk for all those tuts

razorblade001

28 March 2005 07:06 (UK time)

dont worry i figured it out just alfa-blend edges to match surrounding terain its easy.

razorblade001

28 March 2005 07:08 (UK time)

in lvl edit, is there an easier way to make tiberian damage zones? it takes me a wile because i have to put in like 50 different script zone boxes...

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use