You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

Renegade Zone  \  Renegade Zone  \  Maps/Mods  \  Sphere hunting

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Sphere hunting

Dthdealer

28 September 2008 10:32 (UK time)

Attached is a concept mod, where you have no real aim other than to shoot the spinning spheres. They will respawn after you kill them.
You probably want to know why I haven't hosted this on RenegadeForums.com, it's because I want to give this to the Meteor and Renegade playing community.

License: Feel free to distribute for FREE, and distribute a modified version as long as you credit me.
Installation Instructions:
Unzip either the .zip file or the .7z file's contents ino your Renegade/Data directory. Host a one-player non-dedicated LAN game to play it on your own. Requires scripts 2.9 or above. Sorry the map is PKG, but the renegade tools are dodgey and won't let me export a working MIX version.
EDIT: I can't upload the .7z version until James lets us attach them. You'll have to wait for the extra half a Mega-byte of download in the zip-file instead.

Please post here if you have downloaded it. If no-one has within a day or so I'll list this thread on the JBforums recent posts list, as otherwise it'll take a few years for anyone to notice it.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 01 October 2008 08:31

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

01 October 2008 16:54 (UK time)

i dont have renegade (vv,)
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

DarkRain

01 October 2008 19:18 (UK time)

Neither do I.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

ParaSait

01 October 2008 22:01 (UK time)

Same here... Can't you revamp it as a meteor mod or so? =P

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dthdealer

02 October 2008 02:03 (UK time)

Unfortunately no, as Renegade is a 3D game. I'll see what I can do for a version for M2.

EDIT: Attached is a Video of what the mod looks like in Renegade (Xvid codec). To stop people from streaming it from the server, I've renamed it to a text file. Once you've downloaded it, rename it back to
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 02 October 2008 03:44

DarkRain

02 October 2008 12:46 (UK time)

Good movie.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use