You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  User Announcements  \  Little conversion of meteor

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Little conversion of meteor

40oz
 Official Sponsor

20 July 2004 15:23 (UK time)

Hey geuss what? James fixed my account and now i can log in to the forums! yipee!!

Well anyway since my mod is finished and will soon be uploaded to www.meteormods.com I wanted to make a Doom mod, You know the game thats like as old as me and will be relived in Doom3, Well anyway I never got to it and decided to make this little conversion thing, thats replaces the original character (Ash) with the character in doom, allowing you to use all the weapons that he used when he was sawing demons in half in the doom games. He uses, brass knuckles, chainsaw, pistol, shotgun, double barrel shotgun or combat shotgun or super shotgun (whatever you want to call it it has like 6 different names)
chaingun, rocket launcher, plasma rifle, and the sweetest, BFG9000!! This coversion uses the same weapon sounds as doom, and sprites i drew myself while looking at the weapons. It should be pretty fun. But not very helpful since we all know James designs the hottest weapons in meteor, hehe.

E-mail me at papercut1425@yahoo.com if your looking forward to it.

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

James Bunting
20 July 2004 16:01 (UK time)

Yes this will be great, perhaps you could have all the right levels and stuff too but don't get us in trouble with id!

Meteor 2 is the ideal platform for this, especially with the sector engine.

If you have already made artwork for Meteor 1 then it will be compatible with Meteor 2 but the sprites and objects will need to be rebuilt.

PS. Be careful about putting your email address on the web cos those spam bots harvest them from my server! Perhaps put papercut1425 at yahoo dot com ?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 July 2004 21:56 (UK time)

yah i was thinking about waiting for the sector engine to remake doom but then thered be about 30 levels. or maybe i can just make the first episode of doom 1 and remember to throw id software in the credits. but... nah ill just make the player character instead. Its too much work to make "everything"

and about the email adress... ill remember that next time

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 21 July 2004 21:57

40oz
 Official Sponsor

22 July 2004 03:06 (UK time)

ok ive decided, if you wanna play doom meteor thats too bad, but i will be making the player character, and when M2 comes out ill make everyones favorite levels. (List them Under this post) But I'm not making the 3 episodes, or the 4th from Ultimate Doom) Just the levels that people like the most. This includes Maps from Doom2 but not Doom3 (I don't have that game yet!) I promise to make them exactly like the maps on the real game, that includes textures too. I'll Post them on the "Maps" Page. Ill be sure to let Me_Mantis know to post it as a "Doom Compatible" map. Post as much as you want. I hope you guys who play meteor are Doom players.

The Maps Im probably going to start for now are:

Doom 2 Map 01 - Entryway

Doom 1 E2M2 - Containment Area (great MP map!)

Doom 1 E1M1 - Hangar

Also I think im going to need some people's opinions, should I waste time and draw all the sprites for the units? or should i just use units that are the most similar to the units on doom?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

27 July 2004 14:51 (UK time)

is ANYONE a DooM player here? Sheesh!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

30 July 2004 03:39 (UK time)

Alright there has to be SOMEONE who ever played doom before! If not look on www.google.com and search for a share ware version. Then go to doomsdayhq.com to download jdoom (James told me this, and its awesome!) Once you have jdoom you can download other stuff like hi resolution textures, 3d models, and maybe some music remixes. It seems like a lot of work but the original game is garbage but jdoom makes it great.

Have any questions, ask them under this post (that have to do with the topic me_mantis!)

Oh yah I almost forgot! I was at WAL-MART the other day and saw a cd with an entire doom trilogy for $10.00!! (Talk about insane, Dooms a Classic!), which includes Ultimate Doom, (with a bonus episode) Doom 2, And Final Doom that has 2 games in one, TNT: Evilution and The Plutonian Experiment. That means I will probably be making some maps from those games. Well maybe not Final Dooms levels though, they are HIGHLY detailed and extremely large.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Raaka-arska

30 July 2004 17:04 (UK time)

Yeye I play doom. Actually doom95.
I think the original game is classic it can't garbage.
I still have all the dooms and I have cleared all of them.

Raaka-arska

30 July 2004 17:10 (UK time)

I think theres about 40 maps in ultimate doom and 30 maps in doom2 + plutonia and tnt :)
theres going to be a lot of work. I can help you if you need any.

James Bunting
01 August 2004 21:47 (UK time)

Sounds nice. You really outta try out JDoom as it makes the 95 version look pants.

If I have any time (at the time) I may be able to make a few levels too. If I have a lot of time (and I mean a lot) I could look into coding up a level convertor but thats a big job!

James.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

02 August 2004 17:48 (UK time)

Yep with jdoom, Ive never thought doom was so much fun! WOW! you cleared the ENTIRE game?? I just got done beating the second episode on the "Hurt me plenty" skill and didnt get a chance to start the third. Im at Map... (i dunno what number it is) but its the Tricks and Traps map on the "Ultra Violence" skill on Doom2. (Still never beat that part with the cyberdemon versus like 30 hell barons, Cyberdemon always wins then i have to take him on from there) And I STILL never beaten TNT and Plutonian Experiment, even with cheating! I dont think i'd ever beat the game, I mean chaingunners, revenants and Mancubuses on the first level! And the whole game is packed with Arch-Viles. (They must of grouped up a bunch of people to think of which units tick people off the most.)Oh yah and Im not making EVERY map just the ones people like the most. feel free to post your favorites.

Doom95... lots and lots of pairs of pants, dude. Get jdoom

James, dont bother making maps, everyones waiting for M2 please dont pull yourself out of what your doing to make maps for me. Its no big deal.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 09 August 2004 03:04

Raaka-arska

03 August 2004 00:27 (UK time)

Hmm I don't know what are my favorite maps I just loved the Doom1 episodes and Doom2 TNT and plutonia weren't that fun because some maps were just too big and at some point a little boring because I had a hard time finding those damn keys! I cleared all the dooms in Hurt me plenty skill. Nah it wasn't that hard. But my favorite weapon is absolutely the super shotgun/ combat shotgun/ double barreled shotgun... I think you know what weapon I mean :)
Where can I download this JDoom?

James Bunting
03 August 2004 23:46 (UK time)

Hehe don't worry M2 is top prioity right now (see the Beta Availability secion in the M2 forums).

I finished Ultimate Doom and Doom 2 on Ultra Violence but TNT and Plutonia and bloody hard!

I found a way of getting a teleporter to open in Tricks and Traps that takes me to the exit room (without having to run over the pillars). I can't remember how to open it but its opposite the over teleporter in the long room with the Cacodemons and the Plasma Rifle.

And yes Suomalainen I agree the the double barrel is where its at. Grab JDoom from www.doomsdayhq.com, don't forget to thank SkyJake for his work, hes a great guy but often busy.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

06 August 2004 20:20 (UK time)

Yep Super shotgun is great but i often use the shotgun since its slightly faster and saves a bit of ammo. But when there something that fires fast i.e. an Arch-Vile, Arachnatron, Mastermind Spider, or Spider Demon, Heavy Weapons Guy (Chaingunner) I use the Plasma Gun or the Chaingun.

Umm im a little confused though, Does Jdoom lower the health of the Cyberdemon and Spider Demon? Theyve never seemed as easy before, or maybe its just the 3D models that shows the cuts and bruises they get. The sprites show no pain on the people and i could never actually tell if i was actually hurting them. And it took me a while to figure out that the secret to tearing up the Cyberdemon and Spider Demon, is the Plasma Gun. The Plasma Gun shoots insanely fast while using powerful charges. All the shots hurt the enemies enough to stop their attacks. What I mean by that is, shoot a Hell Baron or a Hell Knight with a shotgun while its swinging its arm to attack you, you'll notice that he has to perform his attack over again. Same thing happens with the spider demon and cyberdemon. So the trick is to save as much Cell Charges as possible before you get to the end of an episode.

TNT and Plutonia are insanely hard, even while cheating. So i dunno if Im making any of those levels. Not to mention it will be overloaded with huge sectors and the map will be really, really, really, large.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 August 2004 03:00 (UK time)

Alright it took me a while but i did it. I completed the entire game of Ultimate Doom on the Hurt Me Plenty Skill! I didnt like the end of the 3rd episode though... (Poor Daisy). Ok back on topic, James isnt running a Doom Forum. I really liked E2M7 (I think thats the number) Spawning Vats. It looked pretty cool. And I may be making E1M1 of TNT Evilution, System Control. By the way I'm going to download copies of the music for each level that I make, thanks to the volunteers at doomworld.com. Although They only have the music for Doom 1 and Doom 2, so I'm going tp have to find a way to get Team TNT's music. Maybe i could send them an e-mail. If you guys know a way to get the music for System Control then send me a copy.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use