You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  User Announcements  \  ME-Mantis? Where are you?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: ME-Mantis? Where are you?

Assain

02 July 2004 15:14 (UK time)

Ive submitted a map almost a week ago and its not on the webbie yet. Is Mantis on vacation or somthing? or did his computer explode in a rabid terrorist attack? well do you think you could fill in for him JB?

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

me_mantis

03 July 2004 00:53 (UK time)

well--- I went on vacation, and my computer and I were blown up by a rabid terrorist attack(they really didn't like my mod) But then I came back to life as a moderator on the jbforums, or mabey I just went on vacation. As to your map, I will upload it as soon as I see that it is fit to play(think tomorrow)

Assain

03 July 2004 14:13 (UK time)

Ahhh...good ol' trusty reincarnation powers...always saves the day! YAY! @(*0*)@ <-------koala

me_mantis

03 July 2004 20:08 (UK time)

Its up-- www.meteormods.com

me_mantis

03 July 2004 20:12 (UK time)

Tips---
Try placing edge tiles on lava and roads
Either make less power-ups or less monsters to make you levels more challenging

Assain

05 July 2004 05:16 (UK time)

OK! There's just 1 prob. Thats not my map hehe! My map was called "SF Sandstorm". <=P> Looks like you had a mix up in your mail!

James Bunting
05 July 2004 09:19 (UK time)

:)

James Bunting
05 July 2004 09:26 (UK time)

After seeing this thread I thought I would have a quick go at your map. It turns out that it uses an extended tileset (thebrain.til or something), you will need to <a target="_blank" href="http://www.meteormods.com/contact.htm">send this tileset to me_mantis too</a>.

me_mantis

06 July 2004 00:40 (UK time)

do you live in the future? I just got your map yesterday. but I still need the extended tileset.

Assain

06 July 2004 15:46 (UK time)

Ive never used an extended tile on that map... ill go check it out on meteor to see if it has one. This is for my map SF Sandstorm btw. And plz... change the authors name for Volcano- that map isn't mine! AND that link for the map doesn't work.

James Bunting
06 July 2004 22:38 (UK time)

Well hopefully he can just take out the reference to the tileset and it will all just tick along.

Hey I liked that volcano map (the square edges did not bother me for some reason), who made that one?

me_mantis

07 July 2004 16:55 (UK time)

I think that we neednot worry about the extended tileset, because The map is up on meteormods.com now.
As to the other map, I have no clue who created it, or why there are no edge tiles.

As to SF sandstorm, there are a few missing sprites.

I beat you to the release a preview map by a few months. See the Kabul multiplayer map in the original version of meteor.

VR_Rat

28 April 2006 21:59 (UK time)

Is that Volcano Reasearch that is being talked about? If it is then I claim credit for it. Many years ago when I knew nothing except that an older brother had like Meteor 1.1 or something and that I really liked it and played it a lot. I made that level and sumbited it. At the time I was to young to think of joining the fourms. Besides, I would have talked about it with my parents, they would have gotten upset, and I would never be allowed to touch a computer again.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use