You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  User Announcements  \  New member and a new mod: Meteor Continued (Incomplete as of now)

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: New member and a new mod: Meteor Continued (Incomplete as of now)

Hightree121

22 March 2010 19:06 (UK time)

Hello everyone,

My name is Hightree (the 121 is because I have been having trouble creating an account)and I have been in the background for a while now and I would like to take this opportunity to show myself and show you a new mod.
I call it Meteor Continued.
This is a different mod as compared to Army101 and Crater. I have created a series of maps that continue the campaign. Before you start to complain about needing to re-do single player, do not worry. I have edited the original maps to make them harder. You will no longer be able to complete single player with a pistol (I have done it). There are some 200 (seriously) new units, each unique, about 100 new sprites, and a filled main and additional tile-set. There are new features like enemy ranks, elevators, stairs, one way teleportors, C4 laying, helicopter gunning arcade mode (If i get around to finishing it), numerous aesthetic improvements, and bosses. AND IT ISN'T FINISHED :-O . There are only 12 maps done that I will incorporate into the campaign, with another 7 that probably won't be. I have no idea when this will be finished... it will probably keep continuing on and on, randomly ending like in the Army101 mod. THE OBJECTIVE is to create a longer Meteor with harder difficulty. I will include images if someone tells me how. ;)
Signing Off

Edited: 22 March 2010 21:41

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

me_mantis

22 March 2010 19:38 (UK time)

Welcome and Congratulations on beating meteor 1 with a pistol. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to advance your forum rank quite quickly for that achievement.

The mod sounds pretty cool... I'm looking forward to it.

DarkRain

22 March 2010 21:11 (UK time)

@Hightree121

Welcome to the forums! I am waiting impatiently for your mod. It sounds very exciting. ;)
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Spy

22 March 2010 21:50 (UK time)

Nice, I want to try out your mod. Oh by the way, since when did people get ranks for hard achievements? Rank upgrades are given for good behaviour, activity and if made a map/mod.
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

ParaSait

22 March 2010 22:36 (UK time)

Spy wrote:
Nice, I want to try out your mod. Oh by the way, since when did people get ranks for hard achievements? Rank upgrades are given for good behaviour, activity and if made a map/mod.
Jealous? :D lol :p

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

me_mantis

23 March 2010 00:13 (UK time)

@Spy

Ranks were given to people of valor since the military was invented.

Hightree121

23 March 2010 00:59 (UK time)

Wow, fast response.
I forgot to mention that my brother is also helping. He shall be known as Lowtree in any posts. When I told him that I announced the mod, he got upset that we would actually need to finish it.(^^,) Anyway, spring break is coming up soon and I might get it finished then...

I still need to know how to post images if you want to see any.

Signing off.

PS: My avatar has one of the new guns!

Edited: 23 March 2010 01:00

arezey

23 March 2010 04:50 (UK time)

Sounds like an interesting mod. Though, if I recall correctly, rank 1 members can't attach files.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

23 March 2010 05:58 (UK time)

L(^^,) Sounds interesting, we'll be waiting.
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Spy

23 March 2010 12:25 (UK time)

Hightree121 wrote:
Wow, fast response.
I forgot to mention that my brother is also helping. He shall be known as Lowtree in any posts. When I told him that I announced the mod, he got upset that we would actually need to finish it.(^^,) Anyway, spring break is coming up soon and I might get it finished then...

I still need to know how to post images if you want to see any.

Signing off.

PS: My avatar has one of the new guns!

Yes, rank 1 members cannot attach files, if you do not receive Aknowledged member status by then, you can just send the mod for me, or someone else here for uploading. PS: I'm not jealous, I just asked, afterall, I'm a mod, why would I be jealous?
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Edited: 23 March 2010 12:26

hirmuolio

23 March 2010 15:02 (UK time)

Welcome to the forums from me too.
And good luck with your mod.
It is I, Hirmuolio.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use