You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  User Announcements  \  Phooey! New mod thought...

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Phooey! New mod thought...

Assain

20 June 2004 00:33 (UK time)

That C&c Red Alert mod... well got un-motivated enough to finish it. It has 2 missions (including a specal mission) and some new spites and races. Didnt know how to make new powerups so thats why there are none. If ne1 wants the sprites and races i made up, i would be glad to give them to them or i could give them the whole shindig.

OK! To the point. I am going to make an America's Army: Specail Forces mod, but not until Meteor 2 comes out. As you might of known (or not!) this is based on the most AWSOME and up to date freeware game on the...market i gess. The orignal game takes up to 1.62 gigs of space and has the MOST realistic graphics there is, not to mention it was made entirely by the U.S. Army. Of course, the meteor version won't be that big (or will it?) and wont have as cool graphics (well, at least in compairison to the real game!). I have a SAMPLE mission for the M1.2 version, "SF Sandstorm", but it is going to take a few days or more before its finished because it is going to be VERY (or at least i hope so!) detailed. The mod is going to be big on Co-op or multiplayer b/ thats how the real game is geared tword. Im gonna have some single player too of course with mabey... i dunno 10 or so missions.
Its going to be sorta similar to the Afgan mod b/ im going to be making this as real as possible and the time period is going to be set somtime im the recent present. There isn't going to be any real storyline, just a whole bunch of missions and stuff put in reasnable order. And NO! you will not fight the iraqies...but maby you might get to pump some led through middle esterners if you get to the Specail Forces rank...but ne WAYS its scedualed to start being worked on when M2 comes out. WHY? WHy NO DEAD IRAQIES YOU SAY?! Because this is a mod on typical (and not so tipical) things the army does when there is no real war or conflict w/ another contry. Just some really cool missions!

-Assain-

P.S. If you want to visit the America's Army webpage (not the mod), go to www.americasarmy.com. You can download it there for free, but i reccomend you have Cable or DSL (its big!)

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Raaka-arska

20 June 2004 10:53 (UK time)

Making powerups is fairly easy. You just go to your itendefs.txt first there are items then there are powerups you just have to choose a sprite for your powerup and then link the powerup to an item and adjust the amount how many items the powerup will give you.

btw I could test your mod just send it to: reiska_eino@hotmail.com

Assain

20 June 2004 17:19 (UK time)

Ya ok thanks for the info on making power-ups. And about that mod im making, im STARTING it when Meteor 2 comes out. So ill be happy to send it to you for testing, but, it could take anywhere from a month or two to a year from M2's arrival before ill be ready to send a beta out.

Assain

21 June 2004 17:13 (UK time)

Hey I have my sample map for download ready, if ne1 wants to cheak it out. My e-mail is: samhayward@earthlink.net

Cheak it out on the downloads page! Be sure to read the breafing!

Assain

29 June 2004 23:35 (UK time)

Hey sorry, for not posting my map earlyer, but my e-mail outlook wasnt working. It is now, and i sent it, so see if the map is on the site later this week. Sorry!

d34db34t

13 September 2005 04:27 (UK time)

Is M2: America's army gonna go ahead, M2 1.01 is out.

Assain

13 September 2005 11:47 (UK time)

Yes, its still going, it is the same mod as that "M2: The Enlisted", i just changed the name, for country issues :p .

I havent been doing much work on it, untill recently. Ive redone my Forest Camo Soldier sprites (still neeed to do the death animation) and the M16 rifle, and its looking good.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use