You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  JBPlay.com General  \  IRC  \  JBot!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: JBot!

ParaSait

11 August 2009 23:30 (UK time)

JBot, the new #jbgames.com bot!
He is entirely made in Javascript and runs on a ChatZilla client. The purpose of this bot is mainly to make the jbgames.com irc channel alive in case of AFK parties. (^^,)
Things he can do right now are for example answer to simple messages, google/wiki, and be annoying :p

However, I am of course thinking of expanding him with lots of other cool functions, games, maybe even a little tamagochi-like function (^^,)

So this thread is not only intended to complain about how annoying he can be, but also for requesting fun new features!
I will also keep a changelog here in this thread.

Things to do:
- [ALMOST DONE] "Shutup" system (aka annoying those who are asked to be shut up whenever they say something :p)
- Greet people who join the channel
- Paper scissors rock
- More message responding
- Configuration panel
- Remembering config data (with a command I would let him output a config value dump in my client, with another it could be loaded again)

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

ParaSait

12 August 2009 20:31 (UK time)

'kay I almost finished ?shutup... Tho it made me go
:(~X(:-O:pX(:D
But the toughest part is done I guess... Lol

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

12 August 2009 20:37 (UK time)

ParaSait wrote:
:(~X(:-O:pX(:D

heh
first sad coz you cant figure out the prob, then you see weirdly as things arent working as they should be, and then OMG what a stupid mistake and put your tounge out, then you found another nasty bug, but after that youre happy that its almost done.

(^^,)

nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

DarkRain

16 August 2009 14:21 (UK time)

;)
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

ParaSait

24 August 2009 14:08 (UK time)

Yesterday I made a JS program which can fully emulate the JBot script. That means that I can now develop and test JBot completely independantly from ChatZilla (so I won't have to reconnect over and over again :p)!
Thanks to that, I'm now also able to develop complexer features much more easily. New features I made in the meantime:

?play: JBot can now play games with ya, I have built in 1 game so far, which is the card game 21. So try "?play 21" without the quotes if you wanna try it out.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

26 August 2009 13:16 (UK time)

hehe looks nice, too bad i havent seen it in action so far
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

ParaSait

08 September 2009 20:58 (UK time)

<ParaSait>	?ask do you know why it's so silent here
<JBot> Yea.
<ParaSait> ?ask oh?
<JBot> OF COURSE... Not.
<ParaSait> Ah, I knew it was meant ironically
<ParaSait> Heh

1up

09 September 2009 01:15 (UK time)

Heh, that reminds me of Bungie's "Disembodied Soul" for some reason. Haven't tried it, but probably will at some point. looks like fun.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use