You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  JBPlay.com General  \  IRC  \  Get on IRC. NOW!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Get on IRC. NOW!

Thread is Locked

This is a Sticky Thread

40oz
 Official Sponsor

01 July 2008 19:39 (UK time)

IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat. Using IRC, we can discuss anything related to jbgames, or even unrelated to jbgames. IRC is the ideal chatroom where us community members can get together and have our good discussions without clogging up the forums with millions and millions of threads without much productive value, as the forums had become lately. Using IRC, we can bring to community closer together, instead of making a post, and waiting for someone to read it the next day.

You can get on the #jbgames IRC channel simply by downloading Aleksanteri's IRC client from here

By downloading the program, All you have to do is open up jbgchat.exe, type in your nickname, and you are already there!

If you prefer a different mode of joining into #jbgames, I can give your directions on how to access #jbgames chatroom via VIRC. (See next post)

Currently the population in the IRC channel chatroom is minimal, and we think it is best that we use the IRC channel rather than the forums as the ideal source of community discussion. So join us as soon as you can, and stay for a while!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 01 September 2008 18:28

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

01 July 2008 20:26 (UK time)

GETTING ON #JBGames.com BY VIRC

vIRC is an alternate IRC client that can be used to get onto any available chatroom, though is a little more complicated to use. However, I'd like to offer a bit of help. Here are some directions to get onto the #JBGames.com channel chatroom.

1.) Download and Install Visual IRC (vIRC.exe). You can download it by selecting one of the mirrors from this page:

http://www.visualirc.net/download.php?name=2.0

2.) Upon installation, it is reccomended that you don't bother downloading all the script nonsense and mouse gestures plugin, as seen on Figure0.gif, attached below. Those features are pretty complicated and unnecessary.

3.) Open up vIRC.exe. When it asks if you are new to IRC, just check the bubble that you have used IRC before. That will save us a bit of time since I can already explain how to use IRC here.

4.) After clicking ''OK'', you will get an ''Initial Setup'' menu, as shown in Figure1.gif below. The first entry shown says Default Nicks. Remove the predefined names, and click add to throw in a couple of names you'd like to be referred by while chatting. It is recommended that you use your current forum name, to avoid confusion. Ident should also be your current forum name, again to prevent confusion. Real Name; just type in your first name and surname. Default Server is the server that you will need to go on in order to access the #JBGames.com chatroom channel. That is ''irc.elitekamikazeteam.com:6667''. Make sure it is typed completely correct without any spelling errors. Copy and paste it into the entry if you want to be safe.

All the entries and checkboxes below are optional. You can play with them if you wish, I prefer the default settings. Click ''OK'' to the Initial Setup.

5.)You will get a blank window called ''MeGALiTH's Visual IRC 2.0'' In the top left corner, click ''Start''. The button has a picture of a computer monitor with a red sparkle next to it.

6.) After clicking ''Start'' you will receive a window saying ''[1] Server Notices'' In the top left corner of that window, there is a ''Connect'' button marked by a picture of two computer monitors connected by a wire, and a check mark. (Shown in Figure2.gif below).

7.) Click on that button, and it should connect to the irc.elitekamikazeteam.com server. It may take a couple seconds, and a giant list of text should be displayed. (Look at Figure3.gif for what it looks like when it is done) When the you are full connected, type in the text box ''/join #JBGames.com'' and hit enter.

8.) In mere seconds, You should be connected to the #JBGames.com IRC Channel. It should look like Figure4.gif when it is ready. The column on the right displays all the people who are currently connected to the IRC channel. The large space in the middle is where all the chat is displayed. Have fun!

9.) In case you close out of IRC, and join in another time, Just open up vIRC.exe, and refer to this this list again from Step 5.

I am anxious to see you all on IRC as soon as possible!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 01 September 2008 18:39

Spy

03 July 2008 16:29 (UK time)

Great Speech, Papercut! =D
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Dthdealer

04 July 2008 10:20 (UK time)

Nice tutorial!

Alternatively you can use ChatZilla

Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

07 July 2008 03:24 (UK time)

Never heard of ChatZilla. Whats that?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

07 July 2008 13:58 (UK time)

Chatzilla is another IRC client developed by Mozilla; it's meant to be a chat plugin for Firefox (if I have got it right). There's a load of them out there, irssi and mIRC are some of the popular ones too.

And yes this thread was really needed, it was a bit dead before July :D

ParaSait

07 July 2008 15:08 (UK time)

Could we use Chatzilla then? Please? Because I don't really like installing stuff except addons/plugins for FF.

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

07 July 2008 23:03 (UK time)

Yeah sure, you are not obligated to use any IRC client, you can use any IRC client you like, these two are the only ones I had tested the #jbgames chatroom with, although any IRC client (assuming that you have correctly configured it) will be able to join in the #jbgames chatroom.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

07 July 2008 23:17 (UK time)

GETTING ON #jbgames USING CHATZILLA

1.) Make sure you are using Firefox as your web browser. Internet Explorer, Safari, or Opera will not work.

2.) Download the ChatZilla Add-on from this page:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16

3.) Once the download is finished, You can open Chatzilla from within Firefox by looking under ''Tools'' on the bar above, as shown on Figure 1.

4.) You may want to change your nickname, because Chatzilla will use ''chatzilla'' as your default nickname. To do this, In the top corner of Chatzilla, click under ''Chatzilla'' down to the word ''Preferences''. In the ''General'' tab, you will see a box outlined around a bunch of entries called ''Identification'' Replace both ''Nickname'' and ''Username'' with your current forum account name.

5.) Once you have you have typed in your name, click ''Apply'' and then ''OK''. From the mainpage, simply type ''/server irc.elitekamikazeteam.com'' at the bottom. This will connect you to the irc.elitekamikazeteam.com server. You will be automatically directed to the channel #hangout, the main channel that many people who use that server go to. However, that is not the official #JBGames.com channel.

6.) Once you are connected to the server, type at the bottom ''/join #JBGames.com'' and you will be at the JBGames.com IRC channel!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 01 September 2008 18:41

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 July 2008 14:39 (UK time)

Sorry Dthdealer i missed you again! What country do you live in? I think we may be in different time zones because you are always on when I am sleeping and you leave before I wake up.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

15 July 2008 01:19 (UK time)

* vIRC directions updated to direct to the current channel.
* ChatZilla directions updated to direct to the current channel.

Currently, jbgchat.exe will direct you to the old jbgames channel. Aleksanteri said he is modifying it to go to the new channel.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 15 July 2008 02:01

Dthdealer

15 July 2008 02:35 (UK time)

I'm in GMT+10 (Australia, Sydney)
What's the new channel and why do we need a new one?
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

arezey

15 July 2008 17:08 (UK time)

Time for a clarification.

The channel has got moved at from QuakeNet to EKT, a server run by a pal of James nicknamed Goku, as to get the ability to run a web chat on a future site, chat.jbgames.com.

Another little surprise... since I needed to hurry with the client due to such fast migration I'm releasing 0.11 now, despite the smilie pack is still missing. The smilie code is commented out at the moment though if I get a smilie pack I'll push an update.

And as a matter of generics, the IRC server's url is irc.elitekamikazeteam.com, port 6667, channel #jbgames.com

Edited: 16 July 2008 00:08

Dthdealer

16 July 2008 05:00 (UK time)

Why did the EKT clan allow us to host our channel with them? It seems they have swayed from C&C Renegade and Role-Play 2 to helping JBgames.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

40oz
 Official Sponsor

16 July 2008 16:13 (UK time)

It should also be noted that there is a web based IRC client on the forum homepage that will take you straight to the IRC chatroom. Just click the link called "IRC" on the forum home.

EDIT:
''<Dthdealer> !setjoin If James Bunting dies then my purpose of life has ended.''

James is fine and in good health Dthdealer, no worries. :)

I'm sorry I keep missing you, I had probably been sleeping the whole time you were there, I live in US Eastern, so were practically on opposite ends of the the globe.

If you can get on around 10:00AM-3:00PM, it will be 8:00PM here or later, so chances are I will be at the computer working on Mankind around that time. That would be the best time to catch me.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 16 July 2008 16:28

Spy

16 July 2008 20:37 (UK time)

I Must Say That This Irc Thing Aleksanteri Did Is A Fine Piece Of Work!

Dthdealer

17 July 2008 04:41 (UK time)

''Dthdealer !setjoin If James Bunting dies then my purpose of life has ended.''
It's true...mostly.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

40oz
 Official Sponsor

23 July 2008 19:52 (UK time)

Okay Apparently you CANT get on IRC now. The server host has been down yesterday and today, I hope it get's back up sooner than later though.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

24 July 2008 10:52 (UK time)

It seems IRC is up again. I'd still need that smiley pack!

Spy

26 July 2008 15:24 (UK time)

Hey, I Have Been Encountering Very Unknown People In Aleksanteris IRC! Its Really Scaring Me Because They Can Be Hackers/Spammers! Someone Called Nicaveli Said klopf And Another Guy Named Rectious Said BRATWURSTEN sein lecker! Any Idea What This Means??

Edited: 26 July 2008 15:27

40oz
 Official Sponsor

26 July 2008 17:07 (UK time)

Kinda sounds like they are speaking in german. Anyway, Nicaveli is a part of the EliteKamikazeTeam clan, those guys manage to hop into our channel every once in a while wondering what Meteor is. I'm not 100% sure who Rectious is but I think he's from the clan too.

Did you see me in there? I was signed in overnight, my name was 'papercut_sleeping'. I noticed after I woke up that you were only in there for a couple of minutes.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Spy

26 July 2008 20:00 (UK time)

No, Sorry I Didnt See You! Neat Post Time, Eh?

Edited: 26 July 2008 20:00

40oz
 Official Sponsor

28 July 2008 02:05 (UK time)

Upon further testing of Aleksanteri's jbgchat, the program will sign you into two channels, '#hangout' of the EKT team, and '#JBGames.com'

When signed in with jbgchat.exe, you will receive messages that are typed from both #hangout and #JBGames.com. However, whenever you type something, only people in the #JBGames.com channel will hear it. In addition to that, only people in the #JBGames.com channel get displayed in the left corner, and people from #hangout are not.

It's a type of ''Schizophrenia'' styled bug that will need to be fixed in the future. We will have to wait until Aleksanteri gets back from vacation.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Canuck

28 July 2008 15:07 (UK time)

Interesting.

'Bratwursten sein lecker' means 'sausages are tasty'. ???

Edited: 28 July 2008 15:08

ParaSait

28 July 2008 18:14 (UK time)

I don't think they're hackers, haha ;D

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

ParaSait

29 July 2008 20:41 (UK time)

The chatbox is dying again =(
Please stay online guys! Even if there is nobody else!!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

30 July 2008 16:46 (UK time)

GET ON IRC

I'm not gonna rest until we have as many people in the chatroom daily as #hangout. Whenever you are on your computer and using the internet, go to the IRC channel. Even if you are not that interested in paying attention to the conversations. At least show up and stay as long as you can! Even if you are going to be AFK the whole time, at least fill up the channel. It's empty almost all the time lately. I hate to be putting so much pressure on you guys but until the #jbgames.com channel becomes popular and a regular activity for common community members, You should all be connected to the IRC channel as often as you can.

Many IRC channels regularly keep a member count of 35-70 people logged on at all times. I understand there aren't as many people who play jbgames, but you could at least TRY to make the IRC channel interesting. I show up at least once every day and everytime I do there is either 1 other person there, or none. This really tends to annoy me because I really am interested in chatting with most of you in real time. PLEASE get on the IRC channel more often!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Spy

30 July 2008 20:30 (UK time)

Papercut, Please Calm Down! You Must Understand That Wére Doing Our Best Of Being There!

ParaSait

30 July 2008 21:40 (UK time)

The time zones are a big problem. If you want the chatbox filled, some people would have to chat at 3:00 AM or so =D

40oz
 Official Sponsor

31 July 2008 03:35 (UK time)

Yeah I have to go out of my way to talk to DthDealer sometimes but he's never on anymore :p
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dthdealer

31 July 2008 10:53 (UK time)

Sorry - I've been tied up with family problems.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

ParaSait

04 August 2008 20:39 (UK time)

The chat is loosing his last heartbeats... again. Not even Papercut is on anymore! =(

OK, if possible, everyone should log in tomorrow at 5.00 PM, UK Time. Let's reanimate the chat! =D

Edited: 04 August 2008 20:42

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 August 2008 02:05 (UK time)

Well I told you earlier on IRC that the computer I am making Mankind E2 on is down, I also use that computer for IRC. I can still use my other computer for IRC but I need to turn it off once in a while so I can't leave it on overnight like I did with the other. I'm not losing faith in IRC, I still use it as often as I can.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

07 August 2008 10:27 (UK time)

We have a poster bot now on #jbgames.com :)

It's a bot that checks this forum on a regular interval and reports any new post on the forums; I'm having it on a test run today and if it works fine I'll take it to a shell server so it can run even if I lose my connection.

ParaSait

07 August 2008 18:00 (UK time)

Something nice just happened in the chatbox; Aleksanteri and I said exactly the same on exactly the same moment. Except I made a little spelling mistake =D

Goku

08 August 2008 16:22 (UK time)

@Dthdealer

well i count James as a friend of mine.

and 2bh hosting yr webirc and the channel uses little or no resources on my servers. so its no bother to me. and a few of my lads seem to like yr games too! plus my irc usually 50 people strong and my forums get alot of traffic. which when james does a small banner for me or one of u ill add a link on the home page.

also for those that want to use Mirc:
http://www.elitekamikazeteam.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=973

just change the channels to #jbgames.com or type /j #jbgames.com

Also if anyone wants to say hi to me my irc names are Kugo/Goku (dont ask about Kugo)

Greetz Goks

http://www.elitekamikazeteam.com

Spy

09 August 2008 13:55 (UK time)

What In The! Contrubuting And Only 1 Post?????

Edited: 09 August 2008 13:56

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

09 August 2008 16:19 (UK time)

because his a friend of James plus the irc is on his server
isnt that enough contributing?
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Spy

09 August 2008 16:44 (UK time)

Hmm, Yeah. I Wish I Would Be A Friend Of James!

ParaSait

09 August 2008 23:47 (UK time)

@NavalWar:
The Contributing status is totally non-dependant of your number of posts. And if you had a website and a good friend says: 'Hmm... I'll sign up too!', then what status would you give him? =)

Oh and welcome to hell... er... I mean... the forums, Goku! XP

Dthdealer

10 August 2008 05:47 (UK time)

*hugs EKT*
Even if it is a small portion of your bandwidth, it helps us all out by a mile!
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

40oz
 Official Sponsor

10 August 2008 12:47 (UK time)

no joke too, I'm addicted to IRC now.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Goku

17 August 2008 22:46 (UK time)

lol

yes im trying to get people addicted to the IRC Games lol the adventre game rocks my SockS! and ty its no problem hosting ya. hope to see some of u around on irc i normally pop in James' irc channel from time to time :)

Greetz

Goku (^^,)

Ps James nice work on the forums. few more years and it will look as l33t as mine <3 ^^

http://www.elitekamikazeteam.com

James Bunting
18 August 2008 00:54 (UK time)

@Mrazerty

So whats the Naamloos.jpg all about, I don't get it?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

18 August 2008 01:24 (UK time)

Uh oh. I can't say anything. :(
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

18 August 2008 06:32 (UK time)

James Bunting wrote:
@Mrazerty

So whats the Naamloos.jpg all about, I don't get it?

Well it seems to me that there's a grid containing four cells, with one of them containing two arrows pointing down and two dots on the box below it. ;)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 August 2008 15:18 (UK time)

Seriously, if anyone is reading this during this time of posting, Get on IRC now!!

We got a party going on, about 80% of jbserver's current forum members are signed on and active all together, a true feat for #JBGames.com!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

ParaSait

19 August 2008 15:21 (UK time)

Everyone that logs in at the chat right now gets a muffin =3 (Bought with your own money though)

DarkRain

19 August 2008 15:59 (UK time)

Mrazerty wrote:
Everyone that logs in at the chat right now gets a muffin =3 (Bought with your own money though)

That was a good one. ;)
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

ParaSait

19 August 2008 21:08 (UK time)

People, next big chat is at Friday 22/08/08

Edited: 20 August 2008 12:08

40oz
 Official Sponsor

20 August 2008 02:10 (UK time)

Wrong! Next Big chat is
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

DarkRain

20 August 2008 06:22 (UK time)

I am always free because it's the summer vacation but of course I have some books to read. When I can I will join the chatroom.

ParaSait

20 August 2008 12:06 (UK time)

Papercut wrote:
Wrong! Next Big chat is

arezey

05 October 2008 08:02 (UK time)

Uhm, we were supposed to have a storm but all we got was a mere breeze... well I don't know, I haven't been there for a while for my computer's broken. But I'd seriously like to have something similar to August 19:th again. :)

DarkRain

05 October 2008 09:04 (UK time)

arezey wrote:
Uhm, we were supposed to have a storm but all we got was a mere breeze... well I don't know, I haven't been there for a while for my computer's broken. But I'd seriously like to have something similar to August 19:th again. :)

I have been busy these days (you know, school) and I have barely time to visit jbgames.com.

Spy

05 October 2008 10:19 (UK time)

Dark Rain wrote:
I have been busy these days (you know, school) and I have barely time to visit jbgames.com.

I have plenty of time! (^^,)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 October 2008 23:21 (UK time)

I have time but it's all during innoppurtune times for you guys. I'd like another one of those august 19th session again too. Hopefully soon.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Canuck

10 October 2008 00:35 (UK time)

This might help...it's a timezone map, mark yourself on it and upload it again. Then we'll know what times are convenient for different forum members.

EDIT: Removed attachment, there's a more up-to-date one further down.

Edited: 11 October 2008 17:50

Dthdealer

10 October 2008 03:37 (UK time)

Added myself (GMT+10)
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 10 October 2008 03:39

arezey

10 October 2008 07:01 (UK time)

Added myself as well... should we make another thread for this?

DarkRain

10 October 2008 10:40 (UK time)

And here's my location.

Edited: 10 October 2008 10:44

ParaSait

10 October 2008 16:41 (UK time)

Oh OK... Well I live in Belgium, the AZERTY zone |=[

You may notice that I don't live in the same column of Dark Rain and Aleksanteri, who also have GMT +2, but there seems to be a lot of speculation about this; some maps say +1, some say +2. This map says +1, but most officially, it's +2.

Edited: 10 October 2008 16:45

Canuck

11 October 2008 00:10 (UK time)

Mrazerty wrote:
Oh OK... Well I live in Belgium, the AZERTY zone |=[

You may notice that I don't live in the same column of Dark Rain and Aleksanteri, who also have GMT +2, but there seems to be a lot of speculation about this; some maps say +1, some say +2. This map says +1, but most officially, it's +2.

Are you sure? I was in Europe this summer, and the continent was only one hour ahead of England (GMT).

40oz
 Official Sponsor

11 October 2008 16:30 (UK time)

:p You guys can probably delete your map attachments, by the time we have all the members added to the image ill attach it to the opening post.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 11 October 2008 16:32

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

11 October 2008 17:33 (UK time)

check this
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

arezey

11 October 2008 21:42 (UK time)

Yah, I'll also put the timezone map on irc.jbgames.com once it's "done".

Dthdealer

12 October 2008 04:26 (UK time)

Could we use this map instead?
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

ParaSait

12 October 2008 16:23 (UK time)

@Dthdealer

Yeah, that map looks A WHOLE LOT more clearly.

ParaSait

28 October 2008 17:59 (UK time)

Hey Papercut, how come you always appear to be online at the chat, but actually you aren't?

Spy

29 October 2008 13:26 (UK time)

Hell yeah! I call him AFK N00B alot, but he still does not react! If you want to be in IRC, dont be AFK!

ParaSait

29 October 2008 15:50 (UK time)

Naval War wrote:
Hell yeah! I call him AFK N00B alot, but he still does not react! If you want to be in IRC, dont be AFK!

Well, I assume he has a good reason for this...

EDIT: He's offline now, BTW

Edited: 29 October 2008 15:52

DarkRain

29 October 2008 18:45 (UK time)

I tried to get on IRC but I couldn't do it. What has happened?

ParaSait

29 October 2008 18:55 (UK time)

@Dark Rain

The online client works... Maybe you should try that one. http://www.elitekamikazeteam.com/IRC/jbgames.html

arezey

29 October 2008 20:02 (UK time)

Dark Rain wrote:
I tried to get on IRC but I couldn't do it. What has happened?

Well depends on what you're using, I can't really remember anymore. If you're using jbgchat then I should be alerted about it, if it was the online chat then James and Goku should know about it and if it's something else then I can't do anything but to advice you to use another one, or check the URL you typed there (it's sorta long, even I do spelling mistakes in it..). ;)

DarkRain

29 October 2008 20:10 (UK time)

arezey wrote:
[quote=Dark Rain]I tried to get on IRC but I couldn't do it. What has happened?

Well depends on what you're using, I can't really remember anymore. If you're using jbgchat then I should be alerted about it, if it was the online chat then James and Goku should know about it and if it's something else then I can't do anything but to advice you to use another one, or check the URL you typed there (it's sorta long, even I do spelling mistakes in it..). ;)[/quote]

I use your IRC client.

arezey

30 October 2008 07:42 (UK time)

Oh? Does it give any error messages? It also might be that the server was down because yesterday many of the idlers weren't online.. try once more.

DarkRain

30 October 2008 09:35 (UK time)

arezey wrote:
Oh? Does it give any error messages? It also might be that the server was down because yesterday many of the idlers weren't online.. try once more.

Yes, there was an error message. Unfortunately I don't have enough time right now. But I hope I will have more time in the evening.

ParaSait

02 November 2008 19:06 (UK time)

I had a connection problem today as well... It says it doesn't find the server elitekamikazeteam[dot]com, So I think it's a server side problem.

DarkRain

04 November 2008 09:57 (UK time)

Mrazerty wrote:
I had a connection problem today as well... It says it doesn't find the server elitekamikazeteam[dot]com, So I think it's a server side problem.

Yes, you are probably right.

ParaSait

06 November 2008 15:34 (UK time)

@Papercut & Arezey

Hey, sorry I all of the sudden got disconnected from the chat yesterday... I had a connection problem and it took a while to fix. Why do such things always happen on the wrong moment? >=(

BTW Papercut, I have set that Capitalistic Casuality track as a ringtone on my mobile phone ;P

arezey

07 November 2008 13:11 (UK time)

@Mrazerty

I see... well show up today and fill me in what happened yesterday ;)

The thread is getting too big, please continue further discussion here.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use