You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Rod 3D  \  General  \  ROD Fan Art

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: ROD Fan Art

40oz
 Official Sponsor

06 August 2008 05:46 (UK time)

I did this all in MS Paint. Kinda testing my marketing strategy in making games look a lot cooler in the picture than they look in the game =P
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Janne

06 August 2008 08:52 (UK time)

Great Picture =D

ParaSait

06 August 2008 13:12 (UK time)

Haha, nice picture. But you should try a better drawing program (MS Paint is like baddest of all bad drawing programs (Sorry, Bill Gates =P))

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Spy

06 August 2008 14:23 (UK time)

Lol Cool!
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Dthdealer

07 August 2008 07:57 (UK time)

Nice, but save the file as a PNG to avoid quality loss nor hefty file-sizes.

A tip for MSpaint, press alt++ or alt+- to change the size of your brush differently than the preset sizes.
It's either alt or ctrl, one of the two.

EDIT : I traced it (not manually) and then saved it as an svg.
EDIT2: You still can't access it due to the forum attachments glitch. I'll upload a zipped version.
EDIT3: Done. Technically I should have used zip for a svgz file-type but the compatibility is bad with most image viewers.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 07 August 2008 08:07

Spy

09 August 2008 17:11 (UK time)

Dthdealer!!!!!!!! I Cant Open It.
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Dthdealer

10 August 2008 05:44 (UK time)

Download the ZIP version. Then simply extract the svg file.
I'm surprised you can't view .svg files. It's probably because of Microsoft's abomination they call Internet Explorer, download either Firefox or an image-viewing program.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

ParaSait

10 August 2008 17:26 (UK time)

I use Firefox and I can't view it either. It gives a "File not found" error.

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

1up

10 August 2008 19:04 (UK time)

i use firefox and i can view it fine...
nice pic :p
liked the slimes the most.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Canuck

11 August 2008 03:29 (UK time)

I can see it only after downloading it, extracting it and then opening it with firefox. Cool picture, though.

Dthdealer

12 August 2008 08:10 (UK time)

Why am I getting the credit? It's paper-cuts image!
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

DarkRain

17 August 2008 17:07 (UK time)

Nice picture ;)
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use