You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  General Discussion  \  VOTE: How do you defeat enemies when you are in a vehicle?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: VOTE: How do you defeat enemies when you are in a vehicle?

arezey

13 September 2005 12:41 (UK time)

How do you defeat enemies when you are in a vehicle?

#1 Shoot them with the vehicle's guns

#2 Drive over them

#3 Come out of the vehicle and shoot them with your own guns

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

13 September 2005 22:19 (UK time)

By enemies i assume you mean infintry ;)

Depends. If the vehicle has a bullet-type gun on it, then i use that. If it has a cannon-type gun (like the Medium Tank), then i ususally run them over, cause its too slow otherwise (the round), unless i am trying to run away from the enemy, then i shoot.

I never do 3 because usually the response time/lag that I get from telling M2 to enter/exit a vehicle can be anywhwere from instantly to 5-6 seconds depending on the amount of action going on... although my FPS is not that low at all and it still does it sometimes...

mike323
14 September 2005 00:10 (UK time)

I drive toward the enemy in the vehicle, shooting the vehicle's guns (if any). That way, if the guns are too weak, they die eventually.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 September 2005 02:27 (UK time)

For the most part I use the vehicles turret, saves bullets, which are my favorite projectiles.

For squashing infantry, it often depends what weapon they have, the distance between us, and the open area I have to move around in.

In cases where there is either no area enough for me to roam in without coliding, I would have to run the poor soul over. Or if I am at a close enough distance, and my enemy is using bullets, then again i will have to run him over.

The only time I get out to shoot, is if I were using something with a really long fire interval, like the Medium tank, or of course the Uber Cannon Turret. Or simply, If the vehicle has too low of health and would be no use for me to drag along.

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

14 September 2005 05:51 (UK time)

Well, when I am at the vehicle, it depends on the vehicle, it's weapons, the enemy, what it is, and what weapons it has, the vehicle's hits, and the enemy's hits.

If the enemy is a large one, with less health and the vehicle has high health, I destroy it with the vehicle's guns, no mattter what the vehicle is and what the enemy is.

I usually run away from an Uber Ship Cannon, (comes from North Battle where you have your uber cannon in the ship) they have so large health. Except in the North Battle map where you have shields, and you <b>have</b> to beat the three. And except if I have lots of powerful allies behind or when the Uber Cannon has very low health.

If it's infantry, what's there, I usually run them over. If there is lots in one place, I come out and shoot a rocket to them, except if the vehicle if a Big Mech or an Amphibious Tank, which has free rockets. Also, if there is lots of enemies and low health I usually take them out fast, like the MDS, or then go away.

If I have a humvee and need to beat a big mech, and I have no rocket launcher, I go behind a wall and try to take some shots and continue this until it's beaten. Or, I just try to be out of it's way!

If I have a <b>really</b> heavily armoured vehicle, like a big mech or an Uber Ship Cannon, I destroy anything, except the indestructible troops, which I run over.

Aleksanteri

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use