You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  General Discussion  \  Asking for Permission for a Sprite/Sound Use.

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Asking for Permission for a Sprite/Sound Use.

Repix

02 June 2014 23:11 (UK time)

So i have this game which i made around 3 years ago which i thought about re-coding.

which i have, it's close to be finished.

Now, I've made some Expansion Packs for this Game, which adds some extra content like maps, skins, weapons, and so on, and it hit me, most of the TDS i've made (this a platformer) is heavily inspired off of Meteor so why not make a Meteor Pack, with Meteor Weapons, Weapon Sounds, and the Main Menu OST for the Main Menu in this game.

I haven't done any of that yet before I've acquired some sort of Permission.

And not to forget, it's not going to be sold commercially.

What will be added?

Main Menu OST, Weapon Sounds, Weapon Textures, All Credits to the Developers, Music Artist, Spriters, and so on in the menu of the pack.

(Nothing else will be used)

I'm AwesomeRepix the Developer of Cave Adventures.
AwesomeRepix

Edited: 02 June 2014 23:19

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

James Bunting
30 August 2014 01:04 (UK time)

Sorry this has taken ages, I have been involved with some "related projects" and have been thinking this over.

I don't have a problem with this at all and am happy to grant permission to use any Meteor or Meteor 2 content (with credit given) except for the music, you will need to ask the music creators directly for that.

Music creators include:
Simon Woodington (hastypixels).
Andy Piney (Minomus).
One Overlord.
(check the tags/instruments in the tracks for author info)

You will need to check the originator of each track you want to use and contact them directly. Just send them a link to this post, I am sure they will be happy to help out.

As you have already mentioned, when you give credit for non-music material taken from Meteor 1 or 2, you may want to credit to all of the contributors. I am they won't have any problems with this.

If your game uses tile maps I can help you make a Meteor 1 map converter.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use