You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  General Discussion  \  Try this: Living Fireball!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Try this: Living Fireball!

ParaSait

26 July 2008 21:31 (UK time)

This is a fun trick that can be done in regular Meteor 1.
First, get an energy cannon (with the two yellow lasers as a projectile). Then, go to any direction while pressing space. Now the player will slowly turn into a fireball and it gives an explosion of !extreme! damage (even the fusion cannon is nothing compared to it) when you finally hit a wall. Of course, you can also use it in a less kamikaze-ish way. Simply stop running when you are about to hit something.

Try it!

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

27 July 2008 02:22 (UK time)

me_mantis and I were talking about a possible fix for meteor where projectiles inherit the player's velocity and add it to it's speed. I plan to ask james about that but had not yet gotten to it.

To avoid the player catching up and even outrunning many of the projectiles, we are increasing the speed of many of the projectiles in the Meteor Multiplayer Pack.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Canuck

27 July 2008 03:56 (UK time)

Good idea... I usually ramp up projectile speeds when I make new weapons, but I noticed that if you give a weapon a high rate of fire and fast (but not -1 speed) projectiles, the visual effect gets screwed up, the projectiles don't appear to be moving.

DarkRain

01 August 2008 14:49 (UK time)

Sounds very funny. I will try it.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use