You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  General Discussion  \  Meteor 1 Speedrunning

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Meteor 1 Speedrunning

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 April 2007 14:23 (UK time)

This is a series of recordings I did to try to complete meteor in the fastest time possible. I knew the maps well enough to remember where all the switches and keys are required in their sequential order to complete the map. I also went through maps ignoring almost 90% of the enemies because having to fight them would take too much time. I made a seperate video for every mission. (Except for operation sandstorm because that is such a long mission.)

Few of the videos have a really bad framerate. The rest of them play really fast, so dont be baffled, I did not change any of regular meteors settings, the video just plays really fast.

These videos take forever to upload so bear with me until they are all uploaded.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

DarkRain

05 April 2007 15:02 (UK time)

They are very good.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

ParaSait

26 December 2007 18:45 (UK time)

Cheater! You sped the videos up because the A.I. players ALSO move faster than possible!

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 19 January 2008 11:32

Dthdealer

19 January 2008 04:56 (UK time)

Errr? what? AI went faster so he sped it up?
You cannot 'speeded', it is not a verb
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

ParaSait

19 January 2008 11:31 (UK time)

Oh sorry, blame my English teacher for that! XD

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

James Bunting
01 February 2008 13:53 (UK time)

I was wondering why the server disk is full.

ParaSait

07 February 2008 19:33 (UK time)

Server disk full? Papercut will have to upload his videos on youtube then, so they can be deleted from this site.

olevonpeter

13 August 2019 07:54 (UK time)

Oh snap, l am trying the same at the moment. What were the times? This post is a bit old, though lol

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use