You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  General Discussion  \  Six new M1 maps

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Six new M1 maps

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 February 2007 17:51 (UK time)

Here's a bunch of maps I pumped out in under a week. They are generally small, but loads of fun. It was a pain to make the maps difficult to play without spewing loads and loads of enemies at you, but I did what I could.

Map One
SNOWBLIND

A generic Snowy map. Pretty small, Easy map with basic ''medium'' class enemies. (Stoo tanks, small mechs, XL9s, laser turrets etc.) Your Chinook crashed and you are left on enemy territory. Walk up to road, raise a bridge, crash through a muddy trail in the forest and the maps over. Would make a good starting map for a mod.

Map Two
RESISTANCE FACTION

Simply go and invade a small building. No keys required. One force field. Ammo and weapons are a little tight. a lot more ''medium'' enemies in close quarters. It's a bit harder than the above one, but it's still fun.

Map Three
CAUGHTYARD

This one is kind of a remake of the jailbreak map in the WW3 mod. Your locked up in a cell, and some allied rocket troopers blow in a hole for you to escape. This map is fast paced as there are lots of enemies and little cover. Break ou of you cell, drop the forcefield gates and make a run for home plate.

Map Four
DEFENSIVE FRONT

A mud themed map (though it looks more like a desert) with lots of dead trees. This map is much bigger and uses some harder enemies. (Big Mechs, Medium Tanks, Rocket Turrets) This map is non-linear too, so you can take any direction of pathways and still endup at the finish. No Keys, no Forcefields, just lots of enemies, ammo and health.

Map Five
SURVIVAL -- INVASION

The hardest of the maps. It's an FPS disaster too by the way. This map is intereesting as you dont really have to go anywhere. You start up all bundled up in a cozy fortified outpost. One Allied Gunship, One Allied Jeep, and an array of Still Good Guys to guard the walls. Grab the Code CD (Which is in your base), and open up the code CD doors (also in your base.) Once the doors open, You're in deep trouble. The terrorists, use everything they have against you. All their XL9s, Hover Ships, Vipers, Air Scouts, Big Mechs, Mediums Tanks, you name it. They are sending them out to get you. Your guys are practically slaughtered in an instant, and It's up to you to hold them off as long as you can. Your are given a limited amount of weapons/ammo and health. Fun map I must say.

Map Six
RED SECTOR

An Indoor map that tries to stick to a ''red colored'' theme (lots-o-brick) It is generally difficult. Lot's of various troopers such as Laser Troopers, Minigun Troopers, Grenade Troopers, and Rocket Troopers. This map is kinda small, but uses more keys and force fields.

I'm trying to pump out as many M1 maps as i can. It's turning out to be one new map every day. Screenshots are included.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 19 February 2007 18:02

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

19 February 2007 21:34 (UK time)

Sweet! I like resistance, red sector and snowblind. The others are good too.
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

40oz
 Official Sponsor

20 February 2007 21:45 (UK time)

Update meteormods.com please! =P
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

21 February 2007 20:30 (UK time)

I wonder why those aren't zipped up

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 February 2007 22:02 (UK time)

because they dont need to be =)

Right Click > Save Link As...
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 21 February 2007 22:03

40oz
 Official Sponsor

23 February 2007 23:16 (UK time)

More maps!

CLOSE QUARTERS

A map full of small rooms and tight fits. Pretty difficult to avoid gunfire. Lots of fun.

DEAD ZONE

A small but multi-themed map. It's kinda like what would happen if you but a piece of Base Delta, HH_Kabul, and GNV Radar Base in a blender. Pretty fun.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 23 February 2007 23:20

40oz
 Official Sponsor

23 February 2007 23:22 (UK time)

Oops! Forgot one!

WTF MAP

This is kinda a joke map. It can be either fun or incredibly frustrating. Try it!

EDIT:
Try now, 009.map.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 24 February 2007 20:57

Erik

24 February 2007 18:22 (UK time)

I cant play your wtf.map :((( Whats the problem

Edit: I cant play 009.map either.. something must be real wrong here..

Edited: 24 February 2007 22:07

40oz
 Official Sponsor

25 February 2007 16:15 (UK time)

Try this...
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

25 February 2007 20:23 (UK time)

wtf is ql map. btw i cant get to work the .map file, though the zipped .map is ok. so plz zip em up if thats not a problem
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Erik

26 February 2007 13:52 (UK time)

Yeah, you can unzip it, i downloaded and played, very hard :O i hate when something misses and blows up the whole building :D

40oz
 Official Sponsor

26 February 2007 23:05 (UK time)

Aight, I'll attach them as .zips for now on. Attaching map files is easier though =P.

WTF map is so frustrating to play hahaha.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use