You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  General Discussion  \  HUD Base

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: HUD Base

40oz
 Official Sponsor

13 August 2006 19:29 (UK time)

This is a little image i whipped up for anyone who would like to use it. I produced a more detailed version of it for my mod.

Basically what it is, is an image you can use for the player character's face sprite, that outlines the health bar, the HP Number, and the little gray face background space.

The box all the way to the left is the little background space, the long bar on the bottom outlines the health bar, and the box above it outlines the HP Number.

(And yes, all that extra pink is necessary, otherwise the picture will not outline everything correctly)

This base can come in handy if you want to make a realistic health hud, rather than just a default face sprite.

I doubt it will work on Meteor 2, yo can try and find out if you wish, its up to you.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 13 August 2006 19:32

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Erik

30 August 2006 09:48 (UK time)

You mean i can have my face there? i played the afghanistan mod and noticed the face in the corner. Good. :D

40oz
 Official Sponsor

04 September 2006 03:24 (UK time)

Well basically, you could have your face there in the first place. This image just puts a border around the health bar, the gray square next to it, and the number of hit points. In this case, you would want to put a picture of your objects "face" in the left most square.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

VR_Rat

04 September 2006 13:21 (UK time)

How did you make the health bar into lines?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

04 September 2006 16:20 (UK time)

Like this. =D
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

me_mantis

05 September 2006 00:48 (UK time)

Thats a pretty cool Idea.. how did ya think it up?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 September 2006 20:26 (UK time)

Well i was working on an idea for a cool hud face. The one I had at the moment (it's seen in some of the early Crater Screenshots) just wasn't cool enough. I was working ways around putting a border around the whitish translucent block, then wondered how cool it would be if it outlined the whole hud too. I spent several hours trying to nail down the exact placement of the image.

Lots of Importing frame to sprite, testing, going back to editing, import frame to sprite, test, go back and edit, and so on.

I also recently came up with outlining the weaopns and ammo and such too but I don't know how it would work. Maybe it could be used in placement of the retractable knife? I'm all about stretching meteor's expected capabilities.

Some day I'll make a mod that has a Hud that outlines the entire screen =D

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 05 September 2006 20:31

me_mantis

06 September 2006 18:46 (UK time)

I might try that just to see what it looks like =)

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use