You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Help and Guidance  \  Gun problems

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Gun problems

shockdrop

02 April 2005 04:45 (UK time)

I made some new guns but one of them has infinite ammo and i don't want it to. Im not sure if its the gun or the ammo. Also how do you get new guns to appear on the hud like the other guns.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

03 April 2005 06:35 (UK time)

1- Not sure how to help you there, Maybe i should look into it further. Did you pick the correct projectile?

2- To make it appear on the hud, you need to make a sprite for it, then make the weapon into a powerup item.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

shockdrop

03 April 2005 09:52 (UK time)

I have the right projectile for it. It's a mine gun.The mines go slow. ive got everything like it should be.

Also i have another problem but not about guns. im trying to make a destroyable door. I set the health for the door but nomatter what i shoot it with it wont blow up.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

03 April 2005 23:11 (UK time)

I think you need to make the mines an item or something, I have to try it out and see what is wrong.

And i dont know how to answer about the door.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

04 April 2005 03:54 (UK time)

#1. Im almost positive its a weapon setting. Make sure none of your "ammo" or ect settings are not set as "-1". That means in the game for any setting as "infinate" or "never ending".

#2. You cant to door damage yet. This will be implemented in the release version. Dont take it off though, your map probibly will work as planned for the release version, when destroyable sectors will be included in the game.

shockdrop

04 April 2005 05:46 (UK time)

Everything is right but i still have infinate ammo.

i have another problem now. i automaticly have the mine gun when i start a level.

shockdrop

04 April 2005 05:56 (UK time)

I have the start amount for the mine gun at 0. It does this for my other guns too.

Dave Man

04 April 2005 13:34 (UK time)

Did you try looking in the items defenition file? That's where the settings for ammount of ammo and such is started. Also check your related item settings for both the weapon and projectile. The Minegun should be related to the item MineGun which you can only have 1 of and you start with 0 of it. And the mines themselves should be related to Mines itme that has a start amount of ## and can only have ## (## means any number excpet for -1 and 0 in the max amount).

me_mantis

04 April 2005 15:56 (UK time)

IT sounds nlike you need to take a look in the power ups editor. For each item, you need a "powerup" to go with it. I should say by the weapon how many powerups it has.

Maybe, Just maybe a "mine" style projectile could be implemented, so we wouln'd have to worry about setting projectiles to go slowly. A time bomb type would also be neat.

mike323
07 April 2005 00:01 (UK time)

Try my weapons tutorial: <a href=http://www.freewebs.com/mikesmidi/m2tutorial.htm>Weapons Tutorial</a>

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use