You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Help and Guidance  \  JB Some Suggestions & Questions

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: JB Some Suggestions & Questions

MyOtherNicksF-edUp
02 February 2005 21:22 (UK time)

hello i'm working on a big Grand Theft Auto mod for Meteor 2 (The beta) and i have some questions. Could you make counterparts to void OnEnterVehicle(OnExitVehicle) and int SC_IsPlayerInVehicle(PlayerNotInVehicle). It would be very useful. I also have a question about scripting. could you have two voids like:

void OnWaypointReached_???(int ObjectId)
void runsomething (sector trigger)
SC_BindObjectToWaypoint(111, 104);

so that both "voids" needs to be fulfilled before the bind object starts? my maps probably wont work without it so i would be happy if you could inform me.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Zable Fahr

03 February 2005 07:42 (UK time)

No, you can't combine void functions like that because functions don't actually trigger themselves. The internal game code checks for events and then triggers the proper functions. Right now, it's probably very difficult to get what you want because the scripting engine doesn't support global variables (although hopefully it will in the future).

A good suggestion would be to add the function SC_GetPlayerSector() to return the current sector the player is standing on. Then you could check through scripting whether the player is on the target sector or not.

If I understand correctly, what you want is to have a function execute when the player reaches a sector and some object reaches a waypoint. What you could do right now is to set the sector trigger to disabled. Then in the OnWaypointReached_??? function, enable the sector trigger. Then in the sector trigger function do whatever you want. The disadvantage to this is that the object MUST reach the waypoint before the player reaches the sector. If this is acceptable, then this is probably the cleanest way to do it without doing some ugly hacks.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use