You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Help and Guidance  \  Why no update to Meteor V1.32

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Why no update to Meteor V1.32

Dave Man

02 November 2004 13:38 (UK time)

Why is there no update from V1.31 to V1.32. Not to complain that much but It kind of took some time to downlaoad the entire meteor version again(I have a 56K connection and it took me over an hour to downlaod it). Was the upadte to big or something?

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

IMYSC2000T

02 November 2004 19:24 (UK time)

In the download section it says it's because of the extensive changes from Meteor 2 1.31 Beta to Meteor 2 1.32 Beta. Maybe the update would be difficult to make due to the abundance of new features and changes, and perhaps the file would be too big.

James Bunting
02 November 2004 21:12 (UK time)

Sorry about that Dave, I know its a pain for dial up users.

The reason for a clean install is that the base folder has been radically restructured, as a result of this practially all of the objects and sprite files needed to be updated.

Assain

02 November 2004 21:44 (UK time)

FOR MODEM USERS: When DL versions of meteor or large mods, find a Download Manager, they can substanually increase the time it takes to download things. I dont know one off of the bat, but i am pretty sure you can find one on a search engin.

IMYSC2000T

03 November 2004 00:51 (UK time)

Assain wrote:
"... find a Download Manager, they can substanually increase the time it takes to download things ..."

Assain: Umm, heh I'm sure that by what you said above you atualy meant they can substantialy DEcrease the time it takes to download things...! :D Heh! Oh and by the way, that's true. They do that and a whole lot more, such as giving you the ability to pause and resume downloads whenever you want (for most files anyway - the sites/files have to support the resume feature, but most of them do anyway), which means that if you don't wanna leave your 56K connection and computer on all night for a download but you also can't afford to stop a download that's already, say, half done, then you can just pause it, close it, and resume it when yuo turn the computer on the next day.

By the way, I use "NetAnts" at the moment, and I've found it to be a fairly good download anager (as good as just about any other download manager). I think Go!Zilla and DownloadAccelerator are OK too.... Yuo can just search for those types of programs (download managers) on Download.com.... You'll find a huge list of them.

Assain

03 November 2004 20:48 (UK time)

Ooops well sorry, thats just what i heard. I mean, how would i know, i use cable O.o!

Edited: 03 November 2004 20:49

IMYSC2000T

04 November 2004 21:37 (UK time)

Heheh! :p Do you use any DM's (Download Mansgers) yourself? I'm curious to know what speed your "56K" would get with a download manager. The most I ever pulled with "56K" (57.6Kbps is the actual speed which means you can get a maximum of 7.2KBps) was 8KBps, and I was really happy about that! :Z

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use