You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Help and Guidance  \  NO MAC! (hurry)

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: NO MAC! (hurry)

shockdrop

05 November 2005 18:59 (UK time)

It dosent support mac? I didnt know that...i thougfht it did....can someone get a mac versioon fast please please please pleqaase

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

mike323
06 November 2005 00:03 (UK time)

What do you need a mac version for? Meteor is an MSDOS game. MSDOS is the earliest version of windows. Meteor 2 is written under an MSDOS scripting language (one of the C's, C i think) and is not compatible with Macs. Thus, doing a version for Mac would require rewriting the entire game under a different scripting language. Sorry, but you're outta luck!

shockdrop

06 November 2005 00:58 (UK time)

Dam...i dont need it but someone who i got to almost help me3 needs it and he has mac, hes one of the "windows is teh suxxorzz" type of ppl...so no mac...dam...

mike323
06 November 2005 01:28 (UK time)

Well tell him "Buddy, get used to windows or redo M2"

lol

Assain

06 November 2005 22:43 (UK time)

M2 is not an MSDOS game. MSDOS is an old "Operating System" that runs under 16bit textures (might be 8), and is only avalable on Windows98 or lower.

M2 is like any other 32bit Windows game.

Also, C++ is not an "MSDOS scripting language", its a scripting language in general that ALL platforms can use (Mac, Linux, Windows, game consoles, ect). As a matter of fact, many games today use C++ in thier game.

The problem is the fact that porting to another platform possiblly takes alot of work, and more importantly, someone who has that platform (such as, has a Mac to work with) to test it/develop it him/herself.

Also, M2 runs off of DirectX, and as you might know, DirectX is a Microsoft product, and so its only avalable on Windows. I belive though that M2 also runs off of OpenGL, which you CAN use in-place of DX for Macs however...

Anyways, its either impossible ATM, or it would require alot of work ;)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

07 November 2005 04:56 (UK time)

Its a shame that Macs are so uncompatible with games. My brother got a Mac-mini, its smaller than my laptop! It works really fast and offers a lot of eyecandy. I'd have to say I'd defeinetly prefer macs over microsoft if they were more compatible.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use