You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Editing  \  Halo 2: Meteor 2

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Halo 2: Meteor 2

mike323
08 August 2005 20:03 (UK time)

Now that v1.0 is released, I have picked up where I have left off with H2M2. The conversion to 1.0 is finished, although I'm still touching up a few things.

I have also decided to ditch the current campaign due to levels which are too short and are script-heavy. The few multiplayer maps i'm keeping though.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

08 August 2005 21:00 (UK time)

Think you can send it my way (maps and everything?). I dont care if they are too short, I like short maps as long as they are good :D

mike323
09 August 2005 19:22 (UK time)

Well, possibly, but I've been also thinking of a unique campaign. Instead of a full-blown story, I was thinking about just making a series of 'challenges' such as kill X enemies in X amount of time, or get to X without dying. It would be a campaign without a story. What do you think?

mike323
09 August 2005 20:20 (UK time)

Ah, sorry i keep changing my mind, but I've decided to fix up the current campaign. I bring back my 'Campaign Progress Bar':

Offcial Campaign Progress Bar
- [OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---------] +
Maps done: 7/9

Edited: 10 August 2005 05:23

Assain

09 August 2005 21:22 (UK time)

Send it my way anyways though :D

lol

40oz
 Official Sponsor

10 August 2005 04:17 (UK time)

why cant you just make all the maps from Halo 2, but a little bit more compressed, so the game isnt so HUGE.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

mike323
10 August 2005 05:22 (UK time)

Well, I thought about that, but I decided it would be easier to make a new campaign thats kinda like an extension of H2 but not the same story.

arezey

10 August 2005 08:37 (UK time)

Is this a sequel or a new story?

Edited: 10 August 2005 08:38

mike323
10 August 2005 18:04 (UK time)

I'd definately say a new story, because it has nothing to do with h2's original storyline. I might have tried a sequel if I had the technical capibilities of capturing many more characters in top-view, but the elites were the only enemies I got.

mike323
19 August 2005 20:49 (UK time)

I've decided to let one of my friends help me. We've fixed up the storyline and I'm working on some levels which will involve more shooting and exciting-ness (?). Once I've got a rough game down with "first drafts" of all levels made, i'll send it your way, Assain.

arezey

20 August 2005 07:06 (UK time)

If you like, I can help you too. CivilWar is sent so my working on it is over for now. Still I'm now at working on Antartica but it's not <b>so</b> important to me as CivilWar was. ;)

Edited: 08 September 2005 06:57

Dead Silence

21 August 2005 00:24 (UK time)

hey im mikes annoying friend thats helping him, im a halo 2 fanatic so he asked me for help, but yeah we decided to add some more levels with more shooting and explosions (guys like explosions) we are also going to get some work on the MP maps soon so look for some of that coming soon

Peace
DS

mike323
21 August 2005 01:36 (UK time)

ah good, thx for joining man.

arezey

21 August 2005 14:30 (UK time)

Great to have new people around here!

Assain

21 August 2005 16:48 (UK time)

I want a really kick ass intro guys :D

Like a clip from the game (its on PC i think).

Thats what I am going to do for my eventual mod called "Meteor 2: The Enlisted" (which is about modern times and war, and being in the Army). Its based off of the game "America's Army", and i was going to use clips from a/some movie(s) that were made from the game by several clans (movie makeing is incredibly popular for this game. Some of the most skilled people who makes computer movies ive seen have been from these clans, and they look breathtaking! Alot are even full fledge, storyline movies, 255MB 23minute clip of a struggle, with real movie music used and voices.)

Of course, i was just going to use a small 2 minute or so clip from one of the top best movies made for the game, with permission of course.

arezey

21 August 2005 16:57 (UK time)

Now that CivilWar is finally over, I know what it feels to make a <i>real</i> mod, like a one that is published. I can support you, if you like (although I'm working on Antartica now!)

Dead Silence

21 August 2005 19:57 (UK time)

the intro is taken from halo 2 and looks pretty good, btw assain with ur intro, black hawk down mod intro is a great movie that is kinda in the present that really shows what war is like and is really cool looking

Edited: 21 August 2005 19:58

Assain

21 August 2005 20:37 (UK time)

I was going to use a small section of this one movie called "The Secerate .23: The Days of High Adventure", which is a very good game movie, even if most of the 23 minutes of it is "Look how much our clan kicks ass online!", but there are some nice "cutsene's" in the movie that look awsome.

And for in-game cutscenes, probilby some clips by meselfs, or DeltaFr's Sandstorm game movie.

Dead Silence

21 August 2005 22:01 (UK time)

sounds good, i have seen a small piece of that movie but i liked what i saw

mike323
21 August 2005 22:07 (UK time)

Yes, the movie is the actual intro to Halo 2 but its discolored for some reason so I'll correct that, make a movie of me playing Halo 2 and convert AVI to GIF. Thats the intro I have in mind.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

22 August 2005 01:46 (UK time)

Yeah you can find it on www.bungie.net, but its HUGE
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dead Silence

22 August 2005 05:47 (UK time)

mike u mean the movies of me constantly sniping u in the head, blowing u up with a rocket launcher or cutting u in half with a sword?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

22 August 2005 17:53 (UK time)

Lol that would make a funny intro. But, I am normally the victim of those things when playing halo, as I am not as big of a fan of halo as some of my other friends.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

22 August 2005 18:19 (UK time)

JAMES: Does M2 have AVI support (with sound and everything), or is it just GIF and a sound attached like it was in M1?

mike323
22 August 2005 18:26 (UK time)

Right...maybe a little of that...

@papercut: right, tahts why i converted it myself

<b><font size=3>Update</font></b>
So, our re-done campaign looks like this so far:

<font color=blue>
- [OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO<b>OO</b>-------] +
Maps done: <b>9</b>/9-12
</font>

Not sure about how many total maps yet because DS and I have been adding them and they add a lot to the game.

Edited: 22 August 2005 23:19

mike323
22 August 2005 19:45 (UK time)

<b>Update</b>
When I recorded many of my SFX, it was way back when I was only just getting into modding. So, now I might do a lot of re-recording of SFX because the ones I recorded were in mono (stupid me).

<b>Update</b>
Added:
- The wraith (yes, I got up and made it)
- The shotgun!!!(v1.0 enabled me to do it)
- Many cool shrapnel sprites
- Stereo SFX (that sound <b>AWESOME</b>, which has made me re-record many of the previous ones as I said earlier)

arezey

22 August 2005 20:22 (UK time)

Lot's of updating. As you saw, I put my updates on a changelog and edit it when I make updates to Antartica. Soon my beta testing begins! Of course, limited amount of people too that it would be a better surprise, but I will tell you later on my Antartica thread.

Edited: 23 August 2005 05:51

40oz
 Official Sponsor

23 August 2005 01:41 (UK time)

ack, you should of asked me, i have a bunch of Halo soundfx, All (or most) in Stereo form, except it is mostly Halo 1 stuff, not Halo 2

Bashing (Melee attack) sounds,
Health Kit sound,
Assault Rifle firing sound,
Assault Rifle reload sound,
Needler Firing Sound,
Needler Reload Sound,
Shotgun Firing Sound,
Active Camoflauge Pickup sound,
Master Chief Death sounds,
Master Chief's Sheild down Beeping tone sound,
Master Chief's Sheild recharging sound,
SMG firing sound,
Warthog firing sound,
Magnum Firing sound,
Magnum Reload sound,
Frag grenade bounce sound,
Frag grenade explode sound,
Rocket Launcher Firing Sound,
Plasma Pistol firing sound,
Plasma Rifle firing sound (modified)
Plasma Rifle overheat sound,
Zoom-In Human Scope sound,
Zoom-Out Human scope sound,
Teleport sound,
The traditional Halo War Theme music (In .WAV format)

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 23 August 2005 01:50

mike323
23 August 2005 02:06 (UK time)

Yes, go ahead and e-mail them to me and if any of them work, i'll put you in the credits.

thanks

oh and emails mikeMX3000@yahoo.com

Edited: 23 August 2005 04:27

Dead Silence

23 August 2005 02:40 (UK time)

<b>Update</b>
well its another update brought to u by Dead Silence and there is nothing u can do about it

we made some real progress lately with pdas, and with how the close the game is to halo 2, we had a minor stall when mike and i had a grudge and had to settle it in a game of halo 2
(i won of course)

anyway we added some dramatic elements to the game to keep u on the edge of ur seat. we added pictures of me that show up randomly just to bother u!!!! we added viruses to ruin ur pc!
of course i am just kidding but now for the real update.

we have done about 9 out of 12 missions but we added some new kick butt features and weapons. we added the shotgun because we are good like that and the wraith because we like u that much. and we have an ending thats better than the one from halo 2. we are working very hard to get it out as soon as possible but we currently do not have a release date (we will have one soon) we will release some more screens soon that will show off the new features we have recently added

school is starting for mike and i so progress may slow down but we will still continue to work on it and have it out for u as soon as its done

look for halo 2 meteor 2 to come out shortly and and another update by Dead Silence even sooner

thats the update and theres nothing u can do about it.

Peace
DS

Edited: 23 August 2005 02:41

arezey

23 August 2005 05:52 (UK time)

Would I help you guys, someway?

Dead Silence

24 August 2005 01:49 (UK time)

you could dance for entertainment
jk but we might, i will talk with mike

James Bunting
25 August 2005 00:05 (UK time)

Classic but remember that Aleksanteri is a very good map maker and is extemely good at scripting.

I dunno about his dancing, you can decide on that.

Dead Silence

25 August 2005 01:10 (UK time)

thanks james

yeah we may need some help since school is starting, im all 4 u helpin but i need to see with mike what we need help with

arezey

25 August 2005 06:23 (UK time)

Well, currenctly I'm working on the mod antartica, but that doesn't prevent me to help you with halo 2.

James Bunting
25 August 2005 21:33 (UK time)

Oh and as for Assain's question M2 only supports animated GIF videos with "attached sound" just like M1.

mike323
26 August 2005 00:51 (UK time)

Well as it stands now, school has started, but I've done a lot on H2M2 before the summer sliped away.

Mostly it was old level touch-up as I saw some of the glitches in M2 weren't fixed, I redid the 'grasses' level. I added alot of scenery in the driving levels where you just watched.

<b>Update</b>
- [OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO<b>O</b>------] +
Maps done: 9/9-12
Status: <font color=red>(On hold)</font> Planning Level 9. <font color=red>(On hold)</font>
Temporary Status: Now touching up previous levels.

<b>Screenshot is attached!</b>

Edited: 26 August 2005 01:06

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

26 August 2005 02:13 (UK time)

cool, kinda like a technological prequel to the X-box version

Dead Silence

27 August 2005 01:25 (UK time)

well its more updates that u love and hate from dead silence

now being the awsome guy that i am i made an executive decision to throw a party to kill time, o well

anyway me and mike are going to get some work done satur day (i guess that day is now a cuss word) if i dont screw around on xbox live again, or get decide to shove someone down a chimmney. we have been working well lately and plan on adding alot, the shotgun is coming along well put there was a minor problem when our recording software for halo 2 xbox crapped out. damn technology. we are now going to have to figure something but we did add a sweet level to the single player campaign. we are eagerly waiting for the version of meteor 2 to come out with multiplayer, we really want to have co-op if MP allows it

i have mostly been comin up with designs for new MP maps and i did some outlines on meteor 2 and they are coming along well, im just sort of waiting to scope out the m2 mp

we are trying to get a release date but with the constant problems including tech problems its hard to say and how much hw we have. we plan on releasing lots of patches to add levels, improve gameplay ect.

right now it looks as if the game will rock but we are having issues with ppl getting stuck in walls

so thats all for now and there is nothing u can say, try or do about it

Peace
DS (Dead Silence for those who cant figure out abriviations)

Edited: 27 August 2005 01:27

mike323
28 August 2005 01:13 (UK time)

Hey papercut, I don't know if I made this clear, but zip up ur sounds and email me at mikeMX3000@yahoo.com if you want me to see which ones I can use, and I'll put you in the credits.

arezey

28 August 2005 06:36 (UK time)

I have nice exploding sounds. Want them?

mike323
28 August 2005 06:51 (UK time)

If they're from Halo 2, shure. Email them to me.

arezey

28 August 2005 06:54 (UK time)

Well, umm theyre searched from the net using different resources but I used them and they made me a nice explo effect.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

28 August 2005 18:42 (UK time)

Oh yeah, sorry about that mike, lol I'll get to it now.

May I warn you, the Covenant Carbine firing sound, Beam rifle firing sound, beam rifle reload (overheat) sound, and Sheild down beeping tone are homemade, which means i pieced together sounds to make them sound like the real thing. They are pretty close.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 28 August 2005 18:45

Assain

28 August 2005 19:06 (UK time)

Be sure you e-mail Microsoft and ask them about copywright infringments before using the sounds.

I wanted to use sounds directly from AAO (after all, those sounds are acutal gun shots from the acutal weapons, so you cant get more real than that), but when i asked them about it, i wasnt allowed to use them for any purposes from other than websites, movies, ect made from the game. Even though this mod IS made from the game, its using another game, and they considered that a no-no.

So be sure and check if your not going to be breaking any laws before you use the sounds ;)

mike323
28 August 2005 19:43 (UK time)

I actually have all sounds now, so the ones you send me will replace some of my crappy sounds if they're better.

As for legality, don't worry, I intend to send an email to Bungie when the project is done.

Dead Silence

30 August 2005 01:41 (UK time)

its the man that u luv and hate Dead Silence with another update (woohoo)

well me and mike got some work done over the weekend and we have about 3 missions left and we got some bugs to work out, i scketched some ideas of mp maps that encourage lots of shooting (o boy) so hopefully mr bunting will get that out soon. i played halo 2 on live for a while so i guess that counts as working right? jk

i did do some stuff for the intro and got some cool stuff for that. we hope to get the game out soon and it will most likely be released without multi player unless it comes out soon but then expect only a few multi player maps or delays. we will release patches for the game and more maps and maybe some more single player stuff. we plan on making another campaign

as for me i started to work on my own little project of a game thats a game called meteor 2 history of war which take u through the civil war to the near future. i dont know if i am really gonna do it but im gonna c what happens and act off that, theres a 50% chance i'll go through with it

thats all for now
Peace
DS

40oz
 Official Sponsor

30 August 2005 05:47 (UK time)

and there is nothing we can say or do about it....
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

30 August 2005 05:49 (UK time)

:(

Dead Silence

31 August 2005 23:22 (UK time)

thank u papercut

James Bunting
01 September 2005 01:17 (UK time)

eh? Say or do about what?

James Bunting
01 September 2005 01:19 (UK time)

MP is a question that is popping up all over. I have been testing out the new network code with M1 and it looks promising. I need to wrap a few things up before starting work on the next M2 update.

It is likely to inlclude the long awaited bug fixes (you know the ones like the dumb duck AI and screen resizing etc). It should also include Papercut weapon mode (to be officially named later) and yes muliplayer.

mike323
01 September 2005 04:28 (UK time)

<b>Update</b>
<---------------
<---------------
<---------------
A preview of H2M2. My icon is now a movie of me messing around in a weapon test level. (thanks to James for dealing with the large filesize)

arezey

01 September 2005 18:57 (UK time)

WHAT ABOUT ME?

I asked you once!

<a href="http://www.jbserver.com/forums/ThreadView.asp?ForumId=1&TopicId=3&ThreadId=806">Here!</a>

Edited: 01 September 2005 19:11

Dead Silence

02 September 2005 23:45 (UK time)

if u could post antartica stuff in its own post it would be great, this is for H2:M2

mike323
03 September 2005 02:51 (UK time)

Actually I think he was talking about uploading an avatar...
<b>Update: See attached</b>
Screenshot!

Edited: 03 September 2005 02:55

arezey

03 September 2005 04:07 (UK time)

(@ds)Yeah, just have a click at the attached file above...

(@mike)At that screenshot, are those vehicles humvees? And a nice crosshair!

And I saw that you had no health icon and no vehicle icon, so I made you some. And I will add the *.bmp files, if the pcxs are unable to download.

(@james) If you want, I have a HH map ready, waiting for the owner! I will soon include some screenies.

Edited: 03 September 2005 04:29

mike323
03 September 2005 05:15 (UK time)

Thanks Alexsanteri, yes those are warthogs. I'll use your icons, and ur in the credits.

arezey

03 September 2005 05:28 (UK time)

Thanks.

Edited: 03 September 2005 05:29

Assain

03 September 2005 05:44 (UK time)

Agg... i hope there are better textures (no offense). You need to work on your textureing so it doesnt give that "tile" effect you see. It should smoothly go on in the next "tile", and edges shouldnt be visable. Im not too sure how to do this myself WELL, perhaps you could ask JB or mantis on how to do this?

arezey

03 September 2005 12:45 (UK time)

It is me sometimes a problem, but I can deal with them usually.

Can you stand this mike? Your thread, Halo 2: Meteor 2 has got <font color=red>60 replies</font color> so far!!!

And did you know? You can use forum code in your username!! Though you need to write the code when you are logging in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited: 03 September 2005 13:29

mike323
03 September 2005 17:58 (UK time)

Textures textures...yes, that has been nagging at me for soooo long now. Unfortuanely, since my PVR is broken, I can't take in-game pics anymore.

Re-texturing will be one of the final touch-ups.

arezey

03 September 2005 18:01 (UK time)

Well, you can. Type BigScreenShot [char* filename] at the console

Example:

BigScreenShot H2M2shot1

try that one. Then Exit H2M2 and see the <b>m2</b> base folder. There should be a pic with a filename of H2M2shot1. Try, I have tested this.

Edited: 03 September 2005 18:02

mike323
03 September 2005 23:05 (UK time)

Well I already knew how to take a big screenshot, what I meant was I can't take in-games pics in halo 2.

arezey

04 September 2005 05:30 (UK time)

What about others? Could they make some screenshots?

It can't be that your friends can't take pics too...

Knasp

04 September 2005 10:20 (UK time)

Nice to see that your mod is coming along good. I'm also working on a mod and I hope i can release a preview soon.

Give us more pics of H2M2!!! =)

Edited: 04 September 2005 10:22

James Bunting
05 September 2005 00:54 (UK time)

I am not sure if are talking about still images or video files.

Obviously still images are real easy via the use of F12 or even the print screen key (then alt-tab to your favourite image editor and hit paste).

If you want to record videos of footage then you will need some kind of hardware recorder like a PVR (screen recording software does not cut the mustard as its not OpenGL).

You could even use some old camcorder and make a crummy leak video, the pefect workaround.

mike323
07 September 2005 00:23 (UK time)

Holy...

This thread has 66 posts!! 67 with this one. Maybe I should get a cleanout...it took 6 seconds to load this

arezey

07 September 2005 18:29 (UK time)

You mean 68 replys (when counting this one too). There is 69 posts.

:p

mike323
07 September 2005 22:04 (UK time)

Um

Posts=Replies
me=confused

But nevermind, back on topic.

Schools is pounding me down, its hard to get work done, so my next update may not be for awhile.

arezey

08 September 2005 06:13 (UK time)

You know, me too! I started the 4th mission <b>weeks</b> ago! Still working on it!! I have also found some great soundtrack as Aryx, the module what you get with <a href = "http://www.modplug.com/modplug/tracker.php3">Modplug Tracker</a>, found it on the net!! The 1995 tune from Trideja, and Pure Energy by Minomus of DOMU.

I think that Pure Energy might get into the last levels, you know that the hardcore and rock into the toughest missions!!

*grabs his early icon from his box of old stuff and takes it to use*

Like that! I took my CivilWar- sending celebration icon back, missed it and wanted an animated icon.

Oh and this reminds me: about the explo sounds, I will place here a zip and exe file at the afternoon, now I must go, you know that has 6 letters and starts with "S" and ends in "L". Guess what that is? :p

Oh, and my ****** (this word didn't blott out) starts today at 20 past, and I'm at bike, so I still got time!

Edited: 08 September 2005 07:05

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 September 2005 02:37 (UK time)

your forum icon looks strangely... a lot like my icon for Base-WW3, though it served no purpose whatsoever unless you wanted to make a shortcut to it instead of the mod manager.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

09 September 2005 19:16 (UK time)

yup.

**** THREAD OUT OF DATE ****

We were talking about H2M2, eh?

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use