You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Editing  \  Unnamed mods

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Unnamed mods

Armageddon1212

25 June 2005 15:57 (UK time)

Since i have to work by myself on my mods (noone likes me *sob*) I will at least ask you to help me figure out names mor them (plz) Ive decided that it won't be a Resident evil mod but one where instead of survival of the fittest it would be Waging war againts the zombies with military forces by your side. I have to creat a name but im having trouble. Also I need a name for the WW2 mod. If anyone can help or wants to join (plz) just post here! Good luck!

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

25 June 2005 16:34 (UK time)

well most of the mods that are made were made by only one person, so your not exactly left out, if you give me a few moments i can come up with a good title for anything... but here is a few ideas

Zombie mod: Living vs. Dead, Unwanted visitors, Hell on Earth.

WW2 mod: The Fight for Freedom, Liberation.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dave Man

25 June 2005 19:56 (UK time)

Ditto, I've been working on my mods alone for a while now (and now I can finnaly fix them up so that they aren't so hard--after finaly playing them on my new machine and seeing how hard they actually are). Anyway I have a name for your zombie mod:
Nightmare
A simple name always works.

mike323
25 June 2005 19:58 (UK time)

Modders don't usually ask for help or work with anyone because most people on this site don't know each other in person.

Armageddon1212

25 June 2005 20:46 (UK time)

But if you could get in contact via messengers then you could make an even larger/cooler mod in less time if ya know waht i mean. ALl you would have to do is share the units and maps. If you had 2 ppl then one would make units and maps and the other would make maps and weapons. I think i have come up with a good names. For the zombie mod : Undead Reign and for the WW2 " Victory or Defeat.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

25 June 2005 23:25 (UK time)

true that would work, but when offline and what not, that could take several months, even years if its a really big mod. Thats why i prefer making mods alone. I also hate having to make decisions on who's little details or ideas are better, when alone, All my ideas have no controversy
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

26 June 2005 14:50 (UK time)

People ask for help with mods all the time on other games. Its not so much "OK you do this half..." kind of stuff its more like the creator of the mod asks for community help on a specific thing (like "Is there anyone out there that can help create some zombie-ish sprites? Im looking for...";). Or the creator of the mod just lays different parts of the mod that he/she wouldnt mind if someone did some "freelance" GFX or ect on.

Such as, in the Elderscrolls Forums (an RPG that is mod heavy), modders ask for help in certain areas of a mod everyday, and people request simple mods to be made (most of the time a certain sword mesh/texture or armor mesh/texture) all the time, and you'd be surprised on how many people go "Yeah ok sure" and in a day or two they've finished the request (most guys who can model there are really good/fast at it :p ). There are even people who dont play the game, they just hang out in the forums to do artistic requests for people.

My point is that it's ok to ask people for help on a certain thing if they want to, but generally only modders who personally know each other well (like what Papercut said), work on a modding project together in a small community like this one.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use