You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Editing  \  Music in M2

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Music in M2

Flammable Maniac

17 October 2004 19:21 (UK time)

Dont know how much work youve put into the music in M2, but I think it would suit better for some lowbudget-game, than this.

It doesnt fit into the warfeeling environemt the Meteor games has.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Raaka-arska

17 October 2004 19:24 (UK time)

I agree

me_mantis

19 October 2004 22:45 (UK time)

I am sure that you would like to know that the the music that is in the beta is not all the music which is in the game. There will be more differnt music. I you really really don't like the music, listen to your own!

Assain

20 October 2004 22:26 (UK time)

Yes, in M2 you will be able to put in your own favorite mp3's or *.mods or *.xm's if you would like to if the music is not you preference. Of course, if you want the levels in single player to play those songs, youll have to do some tweaking with the base folder ;).

Why trance/techno music? Well, because we (the fourm members) have decided that its the best (and coolest!) sounding music to put in the game (take a look at Meteor, as in the first one, to see what we mean). Plus, a few other people (look at awards section) really appreciated the music too. There is an entire thread discussion that happend a while ago on what kind of music should be in M2 some where in the fourms...

Also, the music in the compleat version, not the beta, (except the Foxtrot level's music) will be by a compleatly different person. Cheak the /base/music folder where you unziped M2 beta for more information.

Agent Nightfire

21 October 2004 20:50 (UK time)

The game like NEEDS the trance/techno music. I mean it is a game based in the near future. Plus when you are playing the game, a techno based song really get's you in the game. (at least that is what I say) It has scientifically proven that techno makes you listen (NOT) more carefully than say.....rock.
(I made that up LOL)

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use