You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Loading.......................still...............

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Loading.......................still...............

shockdrop

30 July 2005 08:54 (UK time)

are loading times cut down in 1.0 cause it takes forever to go from the menu to the editors. M1 loads in no time. But when i start M2 it takes aleast 10 mins to get to the intro.

still....loading................still.....................................s....t.....i.....l....l.........L...o...a...d...i...n....g......

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

James Bunting
30 July 2005 10:43 (UK time)

Well two things.

1. the intro will not play when you run the game. It will be on the main menu instead.

2. Textures may only load in the map editor and at game time. I am not sure about getting this done in time.

arezey

30 July 2005 11:40 (UK time)

Could you think, can this be fixed? It just takes sooooo much time!

btw: out of topic but that icon has a lot of dead giant worms. Which level is that?

James Bunting
30 July 2005 11:44 (UK time)

I agree it can be time consuming, not to mention the fact that the newer version has tons more data.

The icon is a recording of one of the later Omega levels, that won't mean much to you yet but it will do later on.

James.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

30 July 2005 17:32 (UK time)

it appears that you like that 50 cal minigun alot lol. But that's just like me, I always use the low-tech stuff like the machinegun and such. and unfortunately the weapon patch that i have in store won't include a 50cal minigun... Sorry. But in replacement you get a "Heavy Machinegun" which should hurt about the same amount as the 50cal, but it will shoot much slower. (to be a little more fair.)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

30 July 2005 19:44 (UK time)

What? Have you made future levels too? I have only got until Base Foxtrot and my own-made level after that.

btw: I made into my upcoming mod a level called Base Omega too! Better I'll change the name!

mike323
01 August 2005 00:34 (UK time)

Oh yes...he's made many more levels that we all can't see until it is released...

40oz
 Official Sponsor

01 August 2005 05:42 (UK time)

Does it really have to load EVERYTHING? why not just the things that were edited in that category? i.e. After using the weapon editor, it reloads all the weapons, rather than textures, sprites, and objects. Those three things take the most time. It always loads these things after using the Projectile Editor, Weapon Editor, Object Editor, and Sprite Editor.

Better yet, How about some out-of-game editors? Basically programs that you can download which are exactly like the editors built in M2, but can be loaded from the desktop, then loaded into the folder so you can test them later on.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use