You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Map rateing

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Map rateing

Agent Nightfire

30 August 2004 18:58 (UK time)

Most maps are not rated. Now is there anyway us users of Meteor can help you rate them? If you think that isn't a good idea tell me because I think it is a good idea. Also don't get your mind set on rateing levels because I want you to make Meteor 2 really great. I know all the points of rateing like....

1) 1 point for being interesting

2) 1 point for taking more than 15 minutes

3) 1 point for being fun

4) 1 point for having a good flow of play

5) 1 point for having a good plot or breifing

Also maps marked with X means the map has an extended tileset

CP means- co-op with other people

DM means- death match

It sounds like a good way to help.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

31 August 2004 15:20 (UK time)

You probably should of put this in the M1 forums but then again, no one really looks at them!

I think maps should get a longer review. 1 sentence doesnt explain alot. I geuss I'll be able to make reviews. In fact I had already and I was going to send them to me_mantis but he already had a diferent plan.

I think 1, 3, and 4 are basically the same thing. This is what I think It should be

1) 1 point for having good playability (no tight spaces, no missing keys, no small doors.)

2) 1 point for having a well designed map (edge tiles, good choices of tiles for walls, rooms can't all have the same floor)

3) 1 point for a good plot and breifing.

4) 1 point for a challenging long map. (Map must be hard to beat, the keys cant be so easy to find.)

5) 1 point for variety of units, tiles and sprites. (Not fighting the same unit over and over in every room, cant be using the same tile in the whole map, use a bunch, there are plenty!)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Agent Nightfire

31 August 2004 16:41 (UK time)

You have a point.

Agent Nightfire

31 August 2004 16:43 (UK time)

Jon. Did you make a thread on excuses for not downloading the game? Because I have a few.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

01 September 2004 14:53 (UK time)

not an entire thread, but I did make a post in the Availability topic, not sure which thread though.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

me_mantis

21 September 2004 22:52 (UK time)

Yes, It is I! the map rater. I have been really busy(im in highschool and taking college classes) but I did get the time to upload a new map. I might have the time to rate all the maps, or get the ratings from the original map rater. If you have suggestion as to how maps should be rated, drop me a line. Although i will be unlikely to listen to the ratings of your own maps.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use