You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Meteor Forum NewsPage!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Meteor Forum NewsPage!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 January 2007 01:23 (UK time)

Welcome! Here is the News page for the forums. Lately we could all tell that meteor is slipping away from our interests. So I made this thread for all of us who are still here. (This thing was originally going to be on meteormods.com, but got cancelled I guess)

Here in this sticky, You can post any news you may have concerning meteor or anything else. This can include any announcements of new mods your working on, the progress of mods, any other general discussion such as nation/world concerns or just about any other announcement to keep us all alive. I'll especially try to get info about any more meteor 2 or meteor 3 updates, release dates, other such.

Feel free to post any news you may have. Try to post in realistic paper article form. Avoid one sentence posts (to keep it less boring.) Avoid making comments about the submitted articles (unless your adding more information). Any basic comments such as ''Wow really!? that's cool!'' will get deleted. I'm spiffing up this thread regularly so any news will be easy to read and easy to find.

I'll start us off with a few stories for example.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

mike323
09 January 2007 01:34 (UK time)

GM is out. Just found time to deal with all the final tweaks and although there are still a few boo-boos it still looks great. Download it here:

http://www.jbserver.com/forums/attachments/10856_Gunmetal%20v1.12.zip

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 January 2007 01:34 (UK time)

=!Top Story 1/8/07=

Papercut is proud to announce that he is currently on his way to creating a new mini-mod for M2. Simply named "99 weapons", he is working to create a mod in which the player ''Colonel Ash'' is modified to be able to weild a total of 99 (or at least somewhat close) fresh new weapons! Included are new sprites, projectiles, weapons and powerups. You can still play through the entire campaign normally. Although you can create a new map, and add all the new weapon powerups around your map to test them out. It is also sided as a modding resource, so all the weapons will be available to be used in future mods by anyone as long as the proper credit is mentioned. (much like the Meteor Objects Resource[which is postponed by the way, not abandoned]). Set release date has not been decided yet. More updates about the 99weapons mod will come soon.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 09 January 2007 01:34

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 January 2007 01:58 (UK time)

Microsoft Xbox360 vs. Sony PS3 vs. Nintendo Wii

The competition is heating up as the console war is continuing on. The PS3 is the most expensive of the bunch because it comes with a standard hard drive, and a High Definition blu-ray optical drive, Wireless Controllers, and Wifi Wireless Networking. The PS3 comes with USB output for a keyboard and mouse and can serve as a real alternative to a standard PC.

The Xbox360's premium set has a standard DVD optical drive, hard drive and a wireless controller. Though it recently updated the set to include support for full HD 1080p Video Output to remain in par with the PS3. Xbox also pairs itself with the Window's Media Center to stream music and videos from a central media PC.

The Nintendo Wii is the least expensive of all. Unlike the other two, the Nintendo Wii is trying to remain an actual video game system, rather than all the DVD players, Hard Drives, and other miscellaneous hardware. Nintendo is trying to keep itself at a video gaming level, and that all the other hardware is unnecessary. Nintendo Wii comes with the console, and simple "nunchuk" controller requiring it's player to be physical with the game. (An absolute need for the U.S.)

More Information here:
http://www.roughlydrafted.com/RD/Q4.06/745E215D-460A-4393-96E6-56FD13A883A2.html

I think the Wii will be the most successful of the three consoles. If not, It absolutely should. I sure hope the Wii's innovation does not go unrecognised. What I love about the Wii is that it is aimed toward being an actual game system, rather than a computer. If I wanted a computer, I'd use the one I have. I dont want to spend more money to buy a computer alternative. I want to play a VIDEO GAME CONSOLE. I think Nintendo is the only company that is sticking to its guns. The other companies are slipping away and it kills me on the inside. Their games look great, but they stack there systems to the gills with stuff I'm not gonna use, and making me pay extra for it. So I'm just gonna kick back, spend the least money, and swing my nuchuks around =).
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

09 January 2007 02:43 (UK time)

Choosing a system comes down to what games you like.

No HdTv? Get an external tv-to-vga converter for $40.

Nintendo was wise to give Wii a single-core processor. Most developers find threaded programming too complex.

VR_Rat

09 January 2007 19:58 (UK time)

Some of you may recall how i was complaining about a recintly degraded computer. Well my dad got rid of the anti-virus for another more efficient one (AVG) and got more ram. YAY!

When M2 1.3 is released I will be working on a mod to balence out the weapons a little. Weapons like the pistol and machinegun won't be totaly useles when you get the xm8. Some weapons like the flame thrower may be getting more use. And to top it off there won't be an overdose of bullets and cells. Some weapons may disappear though like the useless blowpipe, or modified. Keep an eye out for updates after the release of M2 1.3.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

10 January 2007 18:51 (UK time)

News item:

What are the new features & bugfixes of Meteor2 v1.3?
Release date?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

17 January 2007 00:24 (UK time)

January 16 2007

A journalist who saw videotape of the Monday hangings of Saddam Hussein's half-brother and the dictator's former chief was able to view something rather frightening. Barzan Hassan was Hussein's half-brother and a former chief of the secret police, and was to be hanged. He was standing over a balcony, tied to a good eight feet of coiled rope. When the trapdoors opened, he fell, and was literally decapitated in an instant. His head was actually snapped directly off his shoulders as soon as he met the length of the rope. For a man of his medium build and weight, he was given too much rope and fell too far for his neck to support. A rather nasty happening really. Not quite relative to our current topics, but certainly something to make you think "omg".

More info here:
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/01/15/iraq.executions/index.html
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

17 January 2007 00:34 (UK time)

January 17 2006

Just found something rather interesting. Check this site.

http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/index.php

It's an entire website dedicated to the damage and other miscellaneous "Wii-Violence" concerning medical reports in association with the Nintendo Wii and it's Wii-mote. Some really crazy, and rather preventable situations happened with the Wii and it's dedicated fans. I suggest you have a look. Really fascinating stuff here.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 17 January 2007 00:35

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

18 January 2007 06:30 (UK time)

No 1.3 news? I'm cancelling my suscription. :p

me_mantis

18 January 2007 20:30 (UK time)

Meteor 2 1.3 is due for impending release, and will be availible to download sometime in the next decade!

VR_Rat

19 January 2007 00:08 (UK time)

Wake me up when it comes out. You can find me at 1-900-DONTWAKETHEBEAR or in my bed.

James Bunting
20 January 2007 12:23 (UK time)

Right I will make a proper meteormods.com news page where anybody can add news via their forum ID, it will be checked by a mod who gets emailed and ticks it off, it will appear right there on the MM web site.

M2 1.3 is coming along, infact it will come before MeteorFE. I am busy moving web servers at the moment (hopefully minumum downtime).

Loads of new Meteor stuff coming in 2007. Gotta get M2 out of the way. 1.3 should be the final release of M2 for now.

James Bunting
21 January 2007 22:33 (UK time)

There you go, just log in and use the new Report News link at the top of this page.

All forum users can post news.

James

40oz
 Official Sponsor

25 January 2007 21:17 (UK time)

Noice! I like it. Glad to hear about upcoming releases too. I was beginning to lose faith. =)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use