You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Microsoft unvieals XNA project.

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Microsoft unvieals XNA project.

Assain

14 August 2006 17:55 (UK time)

Read the full story here: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6155590.html?tag=latestnews;title;1

Basically, its a type of free program that for a cost of $99 a year (ouch), can host projects made by ANYONE (even "freeware" developers like James) across multiple platforms.

So, with this, its very posssible to just download the program, and convert Meteor 2 into an Xbox 360 game that is avalable for download on the marketplace i belive. The article even says its possible to arrange retail boxed sets of a game (i think). However, if you want to make any money, you will need to purchase the professinal edition in spring 2007.

Anyways, this could really make console gamers into the whole independant game industry. And yes, $99 a year is pretty expensive for it to be hosted, but considering normal retail games must deal with prices in the thousands in order to get it on another platform, its very cheap.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

15 August 2006 02:51 (UK time)

Wow thats amazing! Games are going to skyrocket after this deal is shipped out. Its a shame it would only work for something as sophisticated as XboX 360, It would be great to get it on a playstation or something.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 15 August 2006 02:53

VR_Rat

15 August 2006 15:29 (UK time)

I'm personally a Nintendo fan.

me_mantis

15 August 2006 20:53 (UK time)

I'm pretty happy how computers play games =)

Someone could make a ton of money selling bundles of homemade games. for casual xbox 360 gamers.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use