You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  GFI in M2

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: GFI in M2

arezey

06 February 2006 13:03 (UK time)

I found a strange console command that brings in Go For It.

The command is gfi.

Edited: 06 February 2006 13:03

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

06 February 2006 19:45 (UK time)

maybe its some sort of easter egg..
btw how you find this 'cheat'?
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

mike323
07 February 2006 04:10 (UK time)

Thats cool..gfi seems to be embedded in M2.

arezey

07 February 2006 16:05 (UK time)

I was playing my MSA mod, a map that was so hard that I opened the console and put giveitem all. But I have a comp so slow that it formed gf and after a second later gf iveitem all. Then I remembered the gfi folder in the system folder and made gf gfi. Then I activated the command and... you know what happened.

I think this is the reason of the Synergiz and Faded Thrill in the music folder.

James Bunting
07 February 2006 16:53 (UK time)

lol finally.

So you could run a script command that passes GFI to the console, neat eh?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 February 2006 02:25 (UK time)

hahaha, did you just manage to type in gfi in the console? you do so many random experiments haha.

I also remember, (i believe it was M1, if not correct me) but if you typed in some console command it gave you a little pong type game. This may be a different game, but i have a basic idea of what it looked like.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

mike323
09 February 2006 04:09 (UK time)

Cool! bring that command into M2!

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

09 February 2006 04:59 (UK time)

The pong game was in old M1.. the command was <b><i>paddle</i></b>
I think it was a bit buggy..
And when you exit it says "Thanks for playing Kelvin's paddle game"
Here's a sreenshot..

Edited: 09 February 2006 05:03

me_mantis

09 February 2006 14:46 (UK time)

what happens if you run gfi on a mp game? Can it be played mp?

I think there are a few more codes y'all may wish you knew =D

arezey

09 February 2006 15:45 (UK time)

lol I found out another: "race".

Edit: hmmmm, why does austin always have his car burned when he wins?

Edit 2: awwww, it happened again

Edit 3: and again

Edited: 09 February 2006 15:47

James Bunting
10 February 2006 00:18 (UK time)

lol

Yes paddle was in Meteor 1, me and Kelvin wrote it years ago. I think it was removed in v1.2. Perhaps it can return by popular demand?

GFI is GFI, so MP won't work. Basically you type GFI to play it and when you quit you go back to your game of M2.

The Race game is really really old. I put it into M2 a while back just to make it work (it was easier than making a whole new app as M2 has all the sound/gfx code built in). Austin's car is the red nova (seen in M1 and M2), its a real old banger.

VR_Rat

10 February 2006 00:41 (UK time)

With Gfi whenever I quit it kills m2.
Why did you make it so Austin always blows up when he wins?

James Bunting
10 February 2006 00:43 (UK time)

Really? Thats not supposed to happen!

Austin's car blows up because there really is guy called Austin who had this old red hatchback, that was really cranky. It was a kinda "in-house" joke.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

11 February 2006 13:38 (UK time)

How many hidden secret stuff are in M2???? Now we have 2 but i think there are more..

Dthdealer

19 January 2008 03:52 (UK time)

*bump*
type in cool during credits, for m1 & 2
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

James Bunting
24 January 2008 21:22 (UK time)

Meow

Dthdealer

09 February 2008 07:53 (UK time)

You all know of ''god'' mode don't you?
Also press F9, and un-check both boxes that are for calculating projectiles.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Dthdealer

09 February 2008 08:07 (UK time)

Found good use of the race easter egg. You can input a whole load of scripts, and when you press escape it copies them to the console!
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

DarkRain

09 February 2008 11:55 (UK time)

Of course I know about the 'God' code.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use