You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  My theory on Meteor 2 mods

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: My theory on Meteor 2 mods

mike323
23 January 2006 23:53 (UK time)

Since i first looked at meteor sometime around 2002, i've done a series of slight modifications which never were released. This is mainly because of the effort needed to include every last detail of the mod. Since then, i've just been tinkering around with M2, throwing in all kinds of sfx and adding on new weapons.

Recently, Gunmetal got started, and is coming along beautifully. Its a combo of almost everything i've done with M2.

My theory on the game is that it takes a LONG time to make a good mod. I've tried so many times to work on Gunmetal frequently, but I just never get into it on days other than weekends and holidays. I want to know if any of you have this same problem.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

arezey

24 January 2006 10:28 (UK time)

I can be an hour or few on the comp that I do with meteor. Not every day, some days go with music tracking. I quess you are bit right, as my MSA mod is going bit slow now... Maybe it's because I have so many pans frying XD. Well well well. First I've got MSA, M2M1, the music... many things! But I put time on modding too!!!

me_mantis

24 January 2006 15:06 (UK time)

I think the most helpful thing when making a M2 mod is being able to play with the stuff you've created as soon as you are done with it. Instead of trying to do all the sfx, and then the sprites, it's best to make one object at a time. That way when you only have 1 hour, you can still make somthing, and try it out.

I'm probably the slowest editor here; I've been working on a 3 maps for 4 months.(not all the time, but just now&then)

I have also been having tons of LAN parties, and am getting more people interested in Meteor 2.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

28 January 2006 03:17 (UK time)

This is a tip for all modders:

Remember, Mods dont always have to be a whole new storyline, new objects, new maps, soundfx, music and such. Mods can be as little as a few object replacements, High(er) resolution textures, replacement music, added soundfx, a new weapon, etc.

I just wanted to say this because there are only mega-mods that im noticing lately, so feel free to throw in tiny mods that do a small but appreciated touch to your M2 experience.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

mike323
28 January 2006 05:05 (UK time)

Heh, you guys posted in exactly the same order that you did in the "Vehicle/Heli/Tank explosion" thread lol

I like the smaller mods idea; maybe I should make just weapon mods...but then again the items list can't be edited

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

28 January 2006 07:06 (UK time)

I think a mod should contain new maps. Playing almost the same map again is not so exciting.
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Edited: 28 January 2006 07:07

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use