You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  textures

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: textures

40oz
 Official Sponsor

26 February 2005 16:22 (UK time)

1) Being able to flip through the texture pages with the mouse wheel, making it easier to get maps done faster.

2) compress textures to 96x96 on the texture page to make the pages a little more... "organized" Of course the textures wont be 96x96 when used on maps, they are just all sized on the selection pages to make it easier to select them without taking up too many pages.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dave Man

28 February 2005 13:18 (UK time)

I'm just wondering but do textures have normal base colors, like green for grass, blue for water, ect...?

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

28 February 2005 14:49 (UK time)

papercut: I like #1. #2 would need text over each texture such as "16x16" or "256x256".

Dave Man: the textures themselves have no inherent base color; just like any other image. When you hold "m", the program shows the sectors according to what type they are, regardless of how they are colored. Solid = red, water = blue, land = green.

Assain

28 February 2005 21:21 (UK time)

Didnt know it had that button :D. What i think he means is:

When you use a grass color on the minimap it shows green, but when you use snow it shows white, ect.

I think the game picks a color that dominates the texture (like white for snow), but if it has many colors and there isnt a distinguishable domanant color, it just uses black on the minimap (atleast what ive noticed).

40oz
 Official Sponsor

28 February 2005 23:24 (UK time)

Minimap uses the color of the first pixel of the texture. (The pixel that is closest at the top right of the texture) I noticed this in M1, the first pixel color of the tile is what color it shows on the Minimap. Apparently it shows on M2 also. It took me a while to notice this, I used that idea to fix the mountains on my mod.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 28 February 2005 23:26

James Bunting
01 March 2005 00:01 (UK time)

Actually it scales the image down to 1 by 1 and then takes the pixel value from the 1 by 1 image. Perhaps this just happens to be the same as the top left corner.

stretch_blit( DAT_LoadedTextures.bitmaps[ DAT_LoadedTextures.count], TempMinimapBitmap, 0, 0, DAT_LoadedTextures.bitmaps[ DAT_LoadedTextures.count]->w, DAT_LoadedTextures.bitmaps[ DAT_LoadedTextures.count]->h, 0, 0, 1, 1);
DAT_LoadedTextures.a_MinimapColours[ DAT_LoadedTextures.count] = getpixel( TempMinimapBitmap, 0, 0);

As far as I know Meteor 1 uses a similar principal.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

01 March 2005 12:45 (UK time)

M1 uses the top left pixel I am sure, I changed the top left pixel to any color and it turned out be that color on the minimap. I uses that idea for the mountains on the second level of my mod. I had a brighter color pixel on the top left of the dark side of the mountain, I fixed that by using a dark color for that. Play M1 again, notice how the walls that are assembled with square blocks are so bright. Thats because the lit part of the block is on the top left.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

01 March 2005 21:08 (UK time)

My idea was the closest ^.^!

(just felt like responding)

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use