You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Easier map editor

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Easier map editor

tha guy
11 January 2005 01:28 (UK time)

The map editor needs to be easier to use. I have no idea how to use the Meteor 1 map editor because my mouse won't move.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

11 January 2005 22:43 (UK time)

What you mean? I think its easy enough to use, especcally compaired to editors such as UnrealEd. That thing makes my brain ready to blow.

And what do you mean your mouse doesnt move? Does it not move when in the editors? If this is the case, you need a new mouse, or if its cordless, change the batteries. Sometimes, disconnecting it and pluging it back in works too.

The M2 documentation isnt very indepth in the editor yet, but if you get used to the even simpler M1 editor by trying that out and reading its documentation, if your really having trouble, that should get you used to Meteor editors enough for you to learn how to use the M2 editors by just clicking around. Thats how i learned how to use them, but i had previous meteor 1 edit experience >_>.

EDIT: i just noticed you were talking about the M1 editors. Srry! This should be in Meteor Fourm. I go there every day, to see if there are new posts, so dont think its abandoned.

Edited: 11 January 2005 22:44

IMYSC2000T

12 January 2005 05:24 (UK time)

He kind'a has a point though. Making it a little easier to use would be appreciated. This isn't exactly comparable to UnrealEd because they're so different, but it's still quite hard to use for newcomers. I know of a few people who were inspired to make Meteor mods as soon as I told them about the game, but they quickly gave up on it because learning to use the editor was a bit too hard for them. Perhaps they have a point. I'm not personally going to b**** though. I'm just reporting.

d34db34t

12 January 2005 06:04 (UK time)

Tha Guy also posted this problem in the M1 forums under General discussion

IMYSC2000T

13 January 2005 00:32 (UK time)

Heh is it me or do people just skip the M1 forums nowadays?

Assain

13 January 2005 01:22 (UK time)

Not me, and BTW, he posted the problem after i wrote that post :D (trust me, it wastnt in M1 fourms before i saw this post)

IMYSC2000T

14 January 2005 07:26 (UK time)

Heh I think there should be a clear and unavoidable forum Guideline for n00bs here....

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 January 2005 22:36 (UK time)

It isn't exactly hard, it's just hard to convert from tiles to sectors. Yet M2's editors are pretty complicated, but just try and make as many maps as you can, send the good ones to us, and you get more experienced from the editor. M2 is more complicated but that is just for better results, more interactive gameplay, and the game just seems more n when your done with your map (as long as it works)

But James did explain the game on the download screen, that M1's map editor is stupidly easy, notice how he didn't mention that on the M2 download screen.

Maybe the fact that your mouse doesn't work is why m2 editor is too hard?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 14 January 2005 22:40

IMYSC2000T

17 January 2005 01:06 (UK time)

ROFL I didn't even see that part! Haha yeah I guess that would be a bit of a problem if you can't move the mouse! Hell how can you even play?!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use