You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Orderly Mapped Game

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Orderly Mapped Game

40oz
 Official Sponsor

07 August 2004 06:43 (UK time)

Umm... unlike M1, how about we have a story that 'Connects'?? I mean in M1 first you'd be recapturing a farm, and the next level your in prison? So i want all the mapmakers who want to make maps, lets discuss how the story would go and who will make maps to cover every part of the story, rather than being from a desert to an oil rig. This has to be a meaningful game not just mixed levels.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

07 August 2004 06:46 (UK time)

I noticed that most screenshots are in a chemical plant and im assuming thats going to be the first level. So maybe we could make an industrial zone level. But then again, Is The Chemical Plant the first level?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

07 August 2004 15:17 (UK time)

In my campaign, youre the one who has to get the remaining troops out of the base, then travel to the lab and retrieve all the documents (and save the scientists). It all goes very smooth, until the last level, where all enemy forces has gathered in a last showdown. But I have not send in this campaign, because it becoems rather silly in the end. The boss is a cow with 4 sniper rifles, and is controlled by an evil sockpuppet...

But still, ive think that my campaign is more organized than the original (dont hit me, dont hit me!!)

me_mantis

07 August 2004 15:44 (UK time)

About the Screen Shots-
Since they are made with the first avalible version of meteor, they were made to test various aspects of meteor2. This means that they may not turn out to be part of the single player campaign. I can say this, as I am Paul the Great mentioned below a few screenies.

James Bunting
08 August 2004 12:24 (UK time)

Quite right the ordering is a complete mystery right now.

There will basically be a number of zones (bunches of maps) covering a wide range of locations.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 August 2004 03:15 (UK time)

That sounds good, My mod is kinda ordered like that, You start a few maps in a space station, then your in the western part of Brazil, Then to Some area in Europe, then To an American City called Serenity City, then to the X-laboratory

That would work out pretty well like have about 5-10 maps for every area in the game. But have a reason to go there, since in M1, they didnt mention any reason why the hell your doing the mission your doing and how it will help us retrieve the Ion Cannon, Thats why I made the Last level in M1, so that the story of the game connects with the game itself
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

10 August 2004 14:48 (UK time)

Oh yeah nice job with the last level! It was one of the few maps, which were HARD, yet defeatable.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

11 August 2004 04:46 (UK time)

Yah it was hard, but i still found Base delta, alpha, and beta slightly harder. or maybe it just seemed that way since they were larger and longer.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 August 2004 05:12 (UK time)

Well the first level should be similar too the m1 level, get used to the controls. Since I know that most games, people often skip the first game and buy the second one if theyre too late, Like i did, i bought doom 2 before i got doom 1. Maybe the first level should be a boot camp, and you start by shooting barrels and crates. and manuevering quickly through out the area. Kinda like on halflife, where they give you a hazard course so you know techniques that youll need to know in the future, I know i had to use every single one of them. I did make a bootcamp type level for meteor1 but i never finished it. It was coming out cool too.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

18 August 2004 06:22 (UK time)

Youve BOUGHT Doom I and II?? LOL?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

18 August 2004 15:10 (UK time)

Hmm? Why don't I understand why that's funny?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 August 2004 07:20 (UK time)

... hehe Im still looking at that post and trying to figure out why your laughing and I'm still not getting anything??
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

19 August 2004 09:35 (UK time)

LoL... its prolly because Im not as old you... Ive just got my Dooms from various CDs and disks...

40oz
 Official Sponsor

20 August 2004 02:55 (UK time)

Actually, believe it or not I'm only 13, even James was surprised when I first told him.

I bought the 'Doom Collector's Edition Pack' At WAL-MART for $10.00. I was surprised at the price being that The Original Doom, Doom 2, And Final Doom are all Classics. And Ive been searching for the Orignal game for quite a while. I was expecting to see it on eBay for like $80.00 And here I am walkin through WAL-MART, Seeing My favorite game on the rack for 10 dollars! I was staring at that case for like a straight 15 minutes thinking. "Is that thing real? Or did I drink way too much soda or something?" I looked at the back of the case, offering Ultimate Doom (Which I've been searching for for practically forever) Doom 2 (Which unfortunately I alread had) And the almost completely forgotten, Final Doom!!! Damn i nearly shouted "What the Hell is up with this!?!" when I saw that on the rack!! And here I am now, With the Doom Collector Case sitting next to me, after beating Ultimate Doom and not even close to beating Final Doom, The game doesnt seem so great anymore...
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

21 August 2004 13:23 (UK time)

Ooooh... You bought a collection of them, ive thought you bought the very first editions of them when they first hit the stores!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use