You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Announcements  \  Meteor 2 v1.0 released

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Meteor 2 v1.0 released

James Bunting
07 August 2005 23:31 (UK time)

Meteor 2 v1.0 has been released and is available for download at http://www.jbgames.com/games/meteor2/download.asp

For details on changes please refer to the ChangeLog ftp://ftp.jbserver.com/pub/jbgames/meteor2/ChangeLog.htm

Thanks to all the beta testers and other people who helped out. Once you have played M2 you will see why it took so long (check out the changelog).

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

08 August 2005 00:38 (UK time)

WE MADE THIS SUMMER! WOOT WOOT!

Nice job guys, its been long! Champange for everyone!

PS: The guys at Gamehippo forum surpisingly announced it before me! The reviewers are jumping all over it! Looks like all my annoying propaganda of it worked :p

PSS: The ol' changelog doesnt work again :D

Edited: 08 August 2005 00:44

Zakiller2000

08 August 2005 01:05 (UK time)

It's cool that it's been released! Nice job! :D

mike323
08 August 2005 02:08 (UK time)

WHOHOOOOOO!

I can't wait to see it!

James Bunting
08 August 2005 02:17 (UK time)

If you have problems with the changelog try the HTTP mirror at
<a href="http://www.meteormods.com/downloads/meteor2/mirror/ChangeLog.htm" target="_blank">http://www.meteormods.com/downloads/meteor2/mirror/ChangeLog.htm</a>

James.

arezey

08 August 2005 05:50 (UK time)

YES! I am a staigth line to JBGames Meteor 2 download area.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

08 August 2005 06:07 (UK time)

It took me about 8 seconds of gameplay to be quite dissapointed... Wheres my Weapon pack!? That was huge addition to Meteor2 wrapped up in a tiny package with red and green wrapping paper, and a little purple bow on top!

My weapon pack didnt go to waste did it? Will it be in the next version? Will i be forever dissapointed because I didnt help in the making of M2, and all my attempts to help couldn't fit in?

Though i do have to say, I love the "Follow" and "stop" commands for the AI, this would be great for Multiplayer. (Me and my bots vs. You and your bots)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 08 August 2005 06:12

James Bunting
08 August 2005 11:56 (UK time)

Don't worry (as I mentioned in another post). I have bold plans for your weapon pack. Its actually going to provide and alternate game mode which should make us all happy.

arezey

08 August 2005 12:30 (UK time)

Can't you think? When this morning I checked my e-mail and got your post, I was going to fall from my chair!

Edit: Eh, papercut, which weapons were in your "nice little x-mas-present"?

Edit 2: Hey, James, could I send my Dynamite gun to you? It's a feature of CivilWar but you can use any CivilWar features in M2 once it's released.

Edited: 08 August 2005 14:36

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 August 2005 08:13 (UK time)

Survival Knife - The last resort for when you run out of ammo, but it could be a real help if you know how to use it. [replaces the sword, New weapon graphics, projectile graphic]

9mm Silenced Pistol - A regular sidearm, good for stealth missions as it is near completely silent. (Unless James changes it!) [Does not modify the original weapon at all other than soundfx and weapon graphics, reload time.]

CW-88 MachineGun - A common military SubMachineGun, meant for close range, as its spray factor is high. It is a quick ammo eater, yet a fast killer. If low on ammo, you need to drop it and use the pistol instead. [modified clip size, new weapon graphics, reload time, soundfx]

MPF Pump Shotgun - Unlike the Spas-12 of what M2's shotgun is now, this is more of a lighter weapon. It fires about 5 or 6 projectiles, not sure which, and its spray factor is quite high. [Modified spray factor, projectile count, weapon graphics, soundfx]

XM8 Standard AR - Somewhat like the CW-88 except it has a higher precision, longer reload, and slightly bigger clip size.
[modified weapon graphics, reload time, clip size, soundfx]

S.M.A.W. - (S) Shoulder-mounted (M) Multipurpose (A) Assault (W) Weapon. M2's ever popular rocket launcher, reloads every shot. [Modified weapon graphics, reload time, clip size, soundfx, and a big thanks to Mike323323 for the rockin' rocket launcher firing sfx)

GRL Grenade Launcher - left mainly the same since it is a more realistic weapon, and I didnt want to change it much. [modified weapon graphics, reload time, soundfx]

SM Flame thrower - The flamer is an all around weapon, does pretty decent damage to just about anything, but makes up for that by giving it a short range. [modified, weapon graphics, soundfx, reload time, clip size]

Minigun - Another one of M2's popular weapons. It eats right through your ammo, but can take down anything quite well. really good against wide targets like tanks and mechs. [modifies weapon graphics, soundfx, reload time, clipsize, spray factor]

HMG - Heavy Machine Gun. Its slow, but does a lot of damage. Its a good weapon for light armor. [(replaces 50cal Minigun) modified firing speed, clip size, reload time, weapon graphics, soundfx, spray factor]

SM Pulse Cannon - Another weapon good for anything, but eats up ammo fast, and cant fit through tight areas, causing damage to the player more than his foe. [modified weapon graphics, soundfx, reload time]

AW Magnum Sniper Rifle - From the UK itself, the Magnum sniper rifle packs a hard punch on all infantry, but cant put a scratch on armored vehicles, even if it is as little as the ROD buggy. [modified weapon graphics (will soon add additional soundfx too)]

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

09 August 2005 08:17 (UK time)

Wow, that's alot of weaponry.

James Bunting
09 August 2005 12:50 (UK time)

Yes its a great weapon pack, as you can see it was hard to get this realistic pack into M2 in a matter of days (along with actually finishing the game).

I decided on Papercut's behalf to add a game mode around this instead in a fourthcoming patch.

arezey

10 August 2005 06:18 (UK time)

I agree with that "Papercut Weapon Pack Mode". You can too use material from the CivilWar Mod (but this is for M1 so it needs some converting but when I'm converting my mod then you can ask for that material.).

40oz
 Official Sponsor

10 August 2005 18:28 (UK time)

A new game mode? Why cant you just toss all the weapons you made and replace them with mine?? lol Just joking.

Oh and I forgot to mention the Fusion cannon.

[Modified weapon graphics, reload time, clip size, doesnt fire in all directions]
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 10 August 2005 18:30

arezey

11 August 2005 17:38 (UK time)

Well, I don't say I disagree you but I liked the fusion cannon which fires in all directions.

arezey

11 August 2005 17:40 (UK time)

Hey, why not put the weapon pack mode into the Meteor 2 Manager? Actually, mine does not work because some file wasn't registered.

James Bunting
12 August 2005 00:55 (UK time)

Lol.

I think it has to be a game mode rather than a mod then people can use it when playing their own mods too. It also gives it its official status which it has, officially. lol

I will also be implementing skill levels in the next release. These will affect enemy speed, damaage and range.

Perhaps all of these...

<b>Single Player</b>
New Single Player Game

<b>Mode</b>
Regular Weapons
Papercut Mode

<b>Select Skill Level</b>
I Have an Auto Polling KVM
What's a Computer?
I Do Word Processing
Easy
Normal <b>Default</b>
Hard
Very Hard
I am a Robot Commando
I Don't Stand a Chance
I Will Die on the Start Point

<b>Game Starts...</b>

James Bunting
12 August 2005 01:01 (UK time)

Oh and the hardest mode above could have these "special" features.

1) The player takes 2 damage every second anyway (just for even trying this mode)
2) The control keys are reversed or rotated 90deg
3) All weapons use a 1 ammo clip
4) All objects start active with unlimited range
5) Your allies shoot you too
6) A constant looping sound (say misc\bus_f.wav)

lol

Perhaps not but it could a secret option.

Armageddon1212

12 August 2005 02:10 (UK time)

Taht would be insane!! I bet i could win easily (not) Do we really need taht many difficulty levels?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

12 August 2005 02:45 (UK time)

wow that mode could really boost up replayability!! i would be stuck in my room for months trying to beat that!!

Getting past swallo lake could actually... be a challenge! And bus_f is the most annoying of all your Bus soundfx lol

Though i have to agree with armaghetto, claiming that there are a little more than needed skill levels. 3-5 will do.

To <i>really</i> boost replayability, make the skill levels have to be earned, start with the easiest, beat the first three missions, earn the next one, beat missions 4-6 and earn the next level, etc.

And papercut mode sounds kinda dodgy.

Maybe you should make the skill levels set like this:
Easiest: Tech Bloke
Easy: Private
Medium: Seargeant
Hard: Colonel
Harder: Veteran
Ridiculous: Computer Virus on Fire

These skill levels will be visible on players online so you can tell who's a n00b and who's a war hero.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 14 August 2005 01:17

arezey

12 August 2005 12:51 (UK time)

INSANE, JAMES! If you would really have those difficulty modes, I bet no one tries it.

Armageddon1212

12 August 2005 14:27 (UK time)

BUT then people could cheat to get the rank though you have to think about taht.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 August 2005 01:20 (UK time)

I can beat that last game mode lol. Well maybe I could show off by possibly beating Swallow Lake.

That's true, you could hack yourself, but only hackinator would do that lol.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Armageddon1212

14 August 2005 14:15 (UK time)

Did hackinator die or something?

arezey

14 August 2005 16:32 (UK time)

Isn't Hackinator a fake user?

Thomas Jensen

14 August 2005 17:02 (UK time)

I'm pretty sure he is.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 August 2005 17:13 (UK time)

Lol yep, Hackinator is a fake user played by Me_Mantis himself.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

17 August 2005 18:11 (UK time)

Is he? But why...? OH, NOW I KNOW! He made a fake user that Hackinator would be demoted, not Me_Mantis himself! HAHA, I got U!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use