You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Announcements  \  Meteor 2 v1.21 Released

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Meteor 2 v1.21 Released

James Bunting
15 January 2006 20:35 (UK time)

Meteor 2 v1.21 has been released and is available for download at http://www.jbgames.com/games/meteor2/download.asp

For details on changes please refer to the ChangeLog http://www.jbserver.com/downloads/jbgames/meteor2/ChangeLog.htm

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

arezey

16 January 2006 18:44 (UK time)

OOOH, great!!

I had probs with my Secret Agency mod, but with the new script, aiming and rideon fixed, just wov, this was oil to my tyres!

Edited: 16 January 2006 19:04

James Bunting
16 January 2006 22:11 (UK time)

Yes 1.21 is a great improvement but there are still a few bugs with object sounds and some other minor stuff.

I expect that 1.22 will follow pretty soon. Gotta iron out that net code.

me_mantis

16 January 2006 22:59 (UK time)

That patch rocks!
I don't have any more trouble with ride ons in the water(except when I jumped off to close to the river and was swept back in)

The Player Object Changing script works awesome, but there are a few bugs.(Which can be avioded)
When the host changes, it works. When a player changes, it doesn't rid the map of his old/new self, or somthing odd like that. I then made it so the script would set the players health to 0, and then switch him to his new object, but when the host uses the changer, all other players health goes to 0. Adding 100 to object healths will give you all 100 again.

Toolbar global/local doesn't work very well, as clients trigger toobars for all clients, and hosts do as well. The script docs aren't very clear on this topic.

Overall its awesome, and I spent 5 hours playing it coop today, but stayed on 1 map.

arezey

17 January 2006 14:41 (UK time)

I've also got a suggestion to the next patch: can you

<li> put the map resize
<li> add into the maped a function that first asks an object ID and then centers the window onto that object. Would be good on large maps.

Assain

18 January 2006 14:18 (UK time)

Ive notice the checkmark "Register on Internet" when I host a game...

However, this doesnt do anything to the server list when I refresh it.

Also, I still get that error "Cannot add to registry" when i try to "accosciate" my server.

Mabey you could have M2 assosiate your server when you install it for you (to save any problems in the future, especially with newbies)?

arezey

19 January 2006 18:51 (UK time)

Hey, I'm finishing off a MultiMap for M2.
It's name is <i>Castle Of The Kingdom</i>.

I quess Honour Counters could go this one good.
This one contains a sizing graphic + sprite + object. It is used by the factories inside. (nice to put the unit info on sectors! :) )

I will send it to you soon, James.

Edited: 19 January 2006 20:12

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use