You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  Taking away the equipped weapon

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Taking away the equipped weapon

ParaSait

16 August 2009 18:02 (UK time)

There is this nasty bug in M2, that when you do a SC_GiveItem("Weapon", -1) and Weapon is the weapon you're holding, the weapon will disappear out of the inventory list, BUT the player will keep holding it and will be able to use it, until he switches his weapon.
This might seem a minor bug, but for Zombies!, I'm afraid, it's a major one.
I don't think there's a workaround for this, unless I ruin the cheater's party by taking away all it's ammo so he HAS to change. But it's very stupid and annoys the gameplay.

Can this bug be fixed ASAP?

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

ParaSait

16 August 2009 20:49 (UK time)

Forgot something... Thanks to the weapon mount workaround, this problem is actually also solved (at least for Zombies!) as we're going to have a seperate player character for each weapon, so there's technically no giving and taking involved at all. Oops ^__________________^

It'd be nice if the bug DOES get fixed though, only the priority is now lower, heh (^^,)

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

16 August 2009 22:12 (UK time)

that bug exists in m1 too
tho if it would work then it should decice which wep to choose if one is just taken away, but thats the smallest prob imo (^^,)
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

40oz
 Official Sponsor

17 August 2009 05:24 (UK time)

Very true. In Mankind, the weapon item and ammo item are the same. You can use the chainsaw until it's out of ammo, but it still remains as your selected weapon until you switch weapons to something else. After that the weapon dissapears from your selection.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

26 August 2009 13:21 (UK time)

ya that makes it possible to use the sniper and even the tsx till its out of ammo which is kinda a 'secret' feature in my mod (^^,)
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use