You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  Meteor Modding  \  Starting Item editing?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Starting Item editing?

lizardcommando

02 July 2012 23:31 (UK time)

Is there a way to edit what items you start off in every level? For my mod, I want it so that for every level, you don't start off with any weapons and items since the levels I make will have one or two weapons available for the player at the start of every level.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Hightree121

03 July 2012 02:12 (UK time)

There are two options:
1. Use the text trigger /t:[item name] (no brackets). For an example, see the text triggers in the Base Delta map, specifically, where you lose the hoverboard. Be careful, this method can eat up your allocated number of text triggers rapidly. Since you only want a few weapons, this is probably your best method.
2. Create a different character for your map with a different potential item load-out. This will also mean that you need to make new races with different weapons if you want to be able to pickup weapons from fallen enemies. You will also need to create new weapons for this character. This option works best if you intend to have a lot of text triggers or want the new load-out for the next few maps. The mod Army101 uses this method multiple times throughout its story.

Edited: 03 July 2012 02:12

James Bunting
04 August 2012 11:42 (UK time)

Copy itemdefs.txt from Meteor's original base folder into your mod folder and edit it.

Spy

04 August 2012 21:03 (UK time)

@James Bunting

Heh, back when I was making Carnage Galore, I experienced weird glitches with the itemdefs.txt, as when I tried editing it afterwards, stuff like messages, powerups and races were seperated to different levels, ruining all placements.
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use