You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  Meteor Modding  \  Item problem

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Item problem

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

15 January 2009 06:17 (UK time)

Here's a question for those who are more experienced with Meteor 1 editing than me. (So probably all of you. (^^,))
In a mod I want the player to open a door with 10 College Dinner. I set it in the itemdefs.txt like this:
additem "College Dinner"    0    10   1    1

(I use spaces there so it's not the problem.)
The player picks up the first with no problem but leaves the others spinning above ground.
If I change that line in the original itemdefs.txt (meteor\base) then it works, though if i change it in the mod's itemdefs it's not. What else can I do? I'll give a :choc if you can help. ;)

EDIT: Seems like it's a problem with the Meteor engine. It's unable to override the original stuff in the itemdefs.txt, instead it's duplicate it and uses the original. James, you have to fix this or if this isn't the issue then tell me how to do it.
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Edited: 15 January 2009 09:06

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

DarkRain

15 January 2009 11:35 (UK time)

I am not sure what the essence of the problem is. But I recommend that you make a new item because I think the College dinner in your mod is somehow connected to the college dinner in the original game. Maybe it's because the names are the same?
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Edited: 19 December 2010 19:15

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

15 January 2009 12:14 (UK time)

Yes, in the original Meteor you can have only one College Dinner. I've played around with the editors and the itemdefs.txt but nothing worked out perfectly. The only thing works is creating a new item obviously, though that means that I have to replace ALL of the College Dinners on EVERY map that it contains. It would be so much easier if the modified itemdefs take priority in every aspect so letting me set the max number to ten. It's only one line and I don't have to change everything.
Creating a new item is just a temporary solution, the problem is still there.
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Edited: 15 January 2009 12:21

DarkRain

15 January 2009 12:19 (UK time)

Unfortunately, yes, you will have to remove all of the college dinners from your maps before deleting the powerup itself. I have made that mistake - first deleting the powerup.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

ParaSait

15 January 2009 15:49 (UK time)

PetiX wrote:
So probably all of you. (^^,)
Probably, but that excludes me =P

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use