You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 1  \  Networking, Meteor Servers and General Multiplayer Discussion  \  multiplayer problem

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: multiplayer problem

JohnnyThunder

18 May 2004 21:52 (UK time)

Me and my friend were trying to play togeather, but it stopped connecting with a message that said "waiting for player number from server" Should I wait longer or is it something else? We both have DSL.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

James Bunting
19 May 2004 10:20 (UK time)

This problem occours when the client is unable to connect to the server (or vice versa), the message is clearly misleading at the best of times.

Sometimes this happends periodically, if it always happens then the most likely cause is a firewall blocking access.

You need to ensure...

1) Each computer is connected directly to the Internet (has a public IP), if a computer connects to the Internet via a router or a network gateway then the incoming TCP port will need to forwarded to the internal computer's IP (a simple port redirect).

2) Make sure you are using the correct IP address, if you are on a network/router as described in 1 then you will must use your gateway's external IP and not your computer's internal address.

There is also some info <a href='http://www.jbserver.com/forums/ThreadView.asp?ForumId=1&TopicId=19&ThreadId=70' target='_blank'>here</a>.

I hope this makes sense.

James.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use