You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  JBPlay.com General  \  Web Site Stuff  \  Proudly presenting: ParaSait's first mod!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Proudly presenting: ParaSait's first mod!

ParaSait

21 May 2010 17:37 (UK time)

... not a Meteor mod tho.
The mod I have created, is rather a mod of the JB Forum itself! It's to say, I have created a custom version of this forum's PostEdit.asp on my server (in php). I tried to reconstruct PostEdit.asp's response text as well as possible, but with a little twist, as you might've noticed.

Yep indeed, this "mod" enables an extended smiley pack for the forum. It has 25 smiles and misc icons so far.
Notice that it's still an early version, I'm gonna add more and fix the issues. Don't worry, I probably know em all. For example I can't display the original post text when you wanna edit or quote. Also, I can't use the char / right now, so :/ had to be : doh w/o the space () for now.

It depends on Javascript for the smiley processing, and thus *might* not work in Internet Explorer (though I haven't tested it). Firefox or Google Chrome is highly recommended.

Now, here's how to "install" it: Quite simply, drag this link to your bookmarks bar so it created a little button: )+"&ThreadTitle="+document.getElementsByName("ThreadTitle";)[0].value;document.location.assign(url);">javascript:var%20url="http://parasait.heliohost.org/stuff/PostEditSmileyMod/PostEditSmileyMod.php"+document.location.href.substring(document.location.href.indexOf("?";))+"&ThreadTitle="+document.getElementsByName("ThreadTitle";)[0].value;document.location.assign(url); (and give it a less complicated name maybe :p)
To use it, just click the button while on the PostEdit.asp page (the one for New Topic, Post Follow Up, Edit, etc...).

Try it out! You can report possible further issues here, and if you feel artistic you can obviously gimme new smiles to throw in (remember, it must be 16x16 in size, and preferably with a transparent background).

Oh and remember, this mod was made by !

EDIT: Some browsers seem to result in the requirement to login first. I'll try to fix that later, for now I suggest you use Firefox.

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 21 May 2010 20:09

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

21 May 2010 17:47 (UK time)

nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

arezey

21 May 2010 17:50 (UK time)

heh.

Spy

21 May 2010 19:14 (UK time)

cool
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

ParaSait

21 May 2010 22:16 (UK time)

Added a

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

21 May 2010 22:34 (UK time)

mp wrote:
nice

nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

arezey

21 May 2010 22:43 (UK time)

nice.

ParaSait

22 May 2010 19:00 (UK time)

Added 5 new smilies:
EDIT: Also,

Edited: 22 May 2010 23:37

DarkRain

23 May 2010 14:57 (UK time)

@ParaSait

Great idea. It's good to have new emoticons available for use in the forums. ;)
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Kerubim90

14 June 2010 21:59 (UK time)

That's quite impressive, very nice indeed!
<INSERT SIGNATURE HERE>
No signature for you!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use