You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  JBPlay.com General  \  General  \  More publicity for Meteor 1 and 2?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: More publicity for Meteor 1 and 2?

numgun
15 January 2010 22:36 (UK time)

Hi, I've played Meteor 1, Meteor 2 and a whole lot of mods with both games and both the original game and the mods I've tried are AMAZING. My favorite is the Crater mod for Meteor 1.

I found out about this game through a gaming forum when someone just posted a screenshot of meteor one and it looked interesting and after a bit of digging I found meteor.

Now the game is way too unknown considering how good it is and how extensively moddable the game is. So I'm giving a thought of directing some mod activity and announcing the game on a website called Moddb.com. I saw Meteor 2 there, but its image could use some improvement like a top banner and some more media (Images, Videos, Modding tutorials) and make sure to make some news that Moddb.com presents on the front page for THOUSANDS of modders and gamers alike to notice.

Moddb.com is Mod Database where all modders and indie developers (JB Games *hint*) show their work to the public and get big attention.

Meteor 1 and Meteor 2 should be there and they should be brought up into the spot light there because they are WORTH IT. Seriously. Just put up some pictures and mods you might have created along with news and release announces with news that will be shown on the front page and put tutorials on how to mod the game in order to get Meteor games to grow. Give them a clean, polished image on the Moddb.com page.

I've enjoyed the games plenty so it would be nice if more people would find out about it.
What is signature. o_O

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

ParaSait

16 January 2010 00:25 (UK time)

@numgun

Ohh, please, PLEASE do that. There are currently like 5 active members here... even excluding the site's own founder :D
PS: If you enjoyed Crater, I recommend you to try Mankind from the same creator too! It's really awesome d(^^,)

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 16 January 2010 00:27

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

16 January 2010 00:34 (UK time)

Welcome (to this tiny community), you're the first new member this year who posted. d(^^,)
I second what Para said.
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

ParaSait

16 January 2010 00:37 (UK time)

Oh my, what an active thread, about 40% of the whole community posted here already! :-O

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

me_mantis

16 January 2010 01:08 (UK time)

Probably some promo videos on youtube or game trailers would be cool.

M2 is a cool game. It's just that nothing on this forum has been more important than playing it over lan with friends =)

But yeah, I might do somethin.

ParaSait

16 January 2010 01:42 (UK time)

@me_mantis[keens]

Oh, Mantis, good to see you active.
I was wondering, do you happen to know where James is? I haven't seen any activity from him in like... half a year? (except his possible subtle hint :p)

Sorry for sorta-offtopic post.

Edited: 16 January 2010 01:43

DarkRain

16 January 2010 07:40 (UK time)

@numgun

That's a good idea! ;)
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Spy

16 January 2010 21:03 (UK time)

@numgun

Hey, welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, common video recording programs (like FRAPS) do not work on Meteor 2. Your idea of MODDB is great. PS: Did you try my mod? (Naval Wars) I made it when I was really young. :p
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

ParaSait

16 January 2010 21:07 (UK time)

Spy wrote:
@numgun

Hey, welcome to the forums! Unfortunately, common video recording programs (like FRAPS) do not work on Meteor 2. Your idea of MODDB is great. PS: Did you try my mod? (Naval Wars) I made it when I was really young. :p
Camstudio works fine though.

Edited: 16 January 2010 21:07

me_mantis

25 January 2010 22:25 (UK time)

don't use cam studio.
be a professional, and get windows media encoder.

It's free and pro. just remember to use windowed mode for meteor 2 =)

Now get me your epic videos!!

ParaSait

26 January 2010 21:38 (UK time)

me_mantis[keens wrote:
]don't use cam studio.
be a professional, and get windows media encoder.
Windows? That's... Microsoft! D:
* ParaSait gets a weird allergic reaction

EDIT: Oh, seems like Meteor 2 is getting some attention again thanks to this plan. Yay! (^^,)
But I see there's only 1 mod in their archive. Post the other ones there too! To show what a great potential this game has :)

Edited: 26 January 2010 21:45

DarkRain

27 January 2010 06:15 (UK time)

What about Meteor 1? It's a great game too.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

me_mantis

30 January 2010 05:45 (UK time)

Anti-Microsoft talk isn't really appreciated in the forums.

You'll find windows media encoder to be the program that's used worldwide by video encoding and streaming professionals. Get it now!

ParaSait

31 January 2010 15:57 (UK time)

me_mantis[keens wrote:
]Anti-Microsoft talk isn't really appreciated in the forums.

You'll find windows media encoder to be the program that's used worldwide by video encoding and streaming professionals. Get it now!
Well ok, let me express it a bit softer then. I don't wanna be anti to those who don't want me to be, so select the white space down here.
I once tried WME about 2 years ago I think, and I was not at all satisfied. In fact I was happy I finally managed to complete my movie after a quite bumpy ride. Really professional and such. :p
But ok, that is a personal opinion, and after all tastes differ. (^^,):choc

Edited: 31 January 2010 16:01

me_mantis

01 February 2010 19:45 (UK time)

WME takes lots of know how to make it work, so it's not the user friendly package that everybody might wish for.

HOWEVER, I put Ravagers of Time on ModDb.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use