You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  JBPlay.com General  \  General  \  Your weird traits

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Your weird traits

ParaSait

05 November 2009 23:07 (UK time)

Time for another fun topic! (^^,)(^^,)(^^,)
And this time, the question is:

)

I'll start off with a few of mine:

- I eat macaroni with ketchup.
- Even better, any tomato-based food makes me nauseous, although I like ketchup a lot no matter how much it makes me sick.
- I don't like modern GUIs. My computer looks like a weird combo of Windows Vista and MS-Dos.
- I get annoyed by the slightest sounds, unless they're very loud. (The more silent, the more it annoys me!)
- I play Doom with Kawaii-Tek music (EDIT: Such as this :D).
- Sometimes I feel bored and lazy at the same time.
- Every Belgian likes fries, I hate fries.
- Even better, I once ate fries with quite much distaste, and after the meal I ate chocolate and I liked it (fries and chocolate!).
- As a kid I once ate a worm. It tasted better than fries.
- My sister is afraid of spiders. I am afraid of my sister when she's afraid of spiders.

So, what are your's? (^^,)

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 05 November 2009 23:33

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

06 November 2009 00:18 (UK time)

I pick the pepperonis off my pizza and eat them first. I've never eaten pizza with the pepperonis on it unless it was baked under the cheese.

Ever since I was a child the Disney Logo will always look like it starts with a backwards G. Not a D.

I wake up extremely early in the morning to lift weights. I can't get myself to do it at any other time of the day. Not at night, not at noon, not in the evening. It has to be just before the sun rises. I can't explain why. I just have no motivation to get myself to do it.

Whenever I play E3M8 on doom, I always press press Esc then Quit game immediately after the reading the intermission after the spider mastermind dies and skip the final cutscene. I was about 4 or 5 years old when I first completed Doom (using god mode) and when I beat the final boss I was so thrilled and excited and watched the final cut scene. It was the first time I had ever witnessed such dramatic irony. You actually lose by winning. I was scared half to death after I saw that image. To this day (I'm almost 19 years old now) the music track D_BUNNY causes my heart to throb. I can still look at that horrifying image, but I'd be lying if I told you it didn't make me extremely uncomfortable.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 06 November 2009 00:22

ParaSait

06 November 2009 00:23 (UK time)

@40oz

Yea, that bunny track is kinda scary indeed... I dunno, it starts like cute, but after a while as the screen moves to the left it becomes... evil :D

Oh and about the pepperoni pizza, actually that's the case for me too; IMO those pepperonis are just annoying, they're the only parts of your pizza you can't immediatly bite through. It really spoils the whole thing :p

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 06 November 2009 00:26

Canuck

06 November 2009 04:21 (UK time)

-I also like ketchup on macaroni. Throw in some sliced-up hotdogs and it's amazing.
-Not so much now, but when I was younger I had peanut butter with dry cereal.
-When I write, my lower-case r's are just smaller capital R's.
-I have never dated a girl from the same province as me.
-I drink tea black but have to put cream in my coffee.
-People refer to me by my middle name, not my first name.
-I have played guitar for five years but am terrible at Guitar Hero.

Edited: 06 November 2009 04:23

arezey

06 November 2009 08:38 (UK time)

If I would write every "weird" trait I had I'd force JB take the forums down due to the huge bandwidth bills caused by the potential post. :p

40oz wrote:
To this day (I'm almost 19 years old now) the music track D_BUNNY causes my heart to throb.

Outch. I have had a kind of similar experience - we have a synthesizer here (it still works but a D-key has fallen off, heh) at home which is capable of playing an example 'tune' on a very wide range of music styles. I used to play with the synthesizer for hours and hours when I was a kid. I guess I then had a nightmare of this synthesizer - I wanted to try out one of them (which I hadn't tried before) and when I attempted to listen to it, a really loud and really dissonancic sound (in lack of a better word) was emitted from it. I began to believe it really did happen and always avoided the genre #80 because of it. Only perhaps six-seven years later I realized that it must have been a nightmare because - why on earth would they include such in a synthesizer? I then retried that 'example piece' of genre #80 and it was actually one of the more lighter ones. After all, salsa != death metal. :D

I've got the pepperoni trait too - except not with pepperoni but with pineapples which I always have in my pizza. I do have pepperoni on occasion and I have no trouble with them.

Maybe another one worth mentioning is that I listen to Doom, Hexen and Freedoom music while on the computer. I downloaded the Doom and Hexen renders from a website and generated the Freedoom ones with Timidity. I've also got the Timidity-generated Hexen oggs on my computer too - funnily, the STALKR there is IMHO better than the one I got from the Internet, why? Because the organs at the end of it are louder in the Timidity one (and that bit is my favorite so it means quite much)! :p

Spy

06 November 2009 14:24 (UK time)

I eat macaroni with ketchup too.
And uhh... I Wrote Like This In The Past.
I don't know any more weird traits on me, do you?
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

ParaSait

06 November 2009 16:47 (UK time)

@Spy

Oh, I know some more weird traits of you. But if I'd list em I would be violating my own rule (^^,)

Dthdealer

07 November 2009 09:08 (UK time)

I enjoy compiling the Linux kernel on ancient hardware with the internal fans disabled. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get anything over 70*c.

Whistling Zelda Ocarina of Time songs comes as easily as screwing up a BIOS config.

I sometimes also spew when I look at badly arranged GUIs. Nothing wrong with the console!
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

07 November 2009 16:11 (UK time)

I hate leaving messages for people on their phones. Trying to tell someone something over the phone without them actually hearing it right away is annoying for me.

Sometimes when i need to leave a message, I'll outline what I need to say on notepad first, then just read it off the screen out loud as the message instead. that way I make sure I say everything that needs to be said.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

DarkRain

09 November 2009 13:46 (UK time)

-Sometimes I like to make things harder.

-Almost everyone in Bulgaria likes listening to a kind of music called "chalga". I really hate chalga.

-I like to play Quake 1 while listening to "Breaking Benjamin".

;)
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

ParaSait

09 November 2009 15:05 (UK time)

DarkRain wrote:
Almost everyone in Bulgaria likes listening to a kind of music called "chalga". I really hate chalga.
Almost everyone in Belgium likes listening to a kind of music called "jump". I really hate jump.

Kinda similar isn't it? ;P

DarkRain

09 November 2009 16:01 (UK time)

@ParaSait

Yeah, it's pretty similar. ;)

ParaSait

10 November 2009 22:19 (UK time)

Oh, how stupid, I almost forgot this one:

- I have the weird habit that each time I open a new bottle of milk, I pour a little bit of it in a glass and carefully take a sip.

This habit originated after this moment when I was so thirsty that I opened a bottle of milk and rudely started drinking it. But... the milk was sour, and it caused me to puke :p

Edited: 10 November 2009 22:20

DarkRain

11 November 2009 08:10 (UK time)

@ParaSait

I would be doing just like you if this happened to me. ;)

Spy

11 November 2009 13:57 (UK time)

O yeah, I allways lock the bathroom door when I enter it. This habit started when my dad's gf caught me by surprise... :p I even lock the door when nobody's home.

ParaSait

11 November 2009 14:24 (UK time)

@Spy

Oh my, poor GF!
Haha :p

Spy

11 November 2009 21:11 (UK time)

@ParaSait

Don't worry, she was ugly.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

11 November 2009 21:25 (UK time)

i always lock the bathroom automatically too, even if im alone
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

ParaSait

11 November 2009 21:56 (UK time)

I don't lock the bathroom... cause we lost the key xP

DarkRain

12 November 2009 12:33 (UK time)

@PetiX

So do I. ;)

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use