You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  JBPlay.com General  \  General  \  What do you listen to?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: What do you listen to?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 October 2008 22:49 (UK time)

Do you guys have any favorite music genres? What band's or artists do you listen to?

I used to be into street punk because it was really fast and I liked the lyrics. I also listen to ska because it's really upbeat and keeps me in a good mood. Lately I've been listening to thrash metal, power violence, and crust punk. I don't agree wholly with what the lyrics are about, but the music alone sounds cool and unique and loud.

Some people criticize the music i listen to to just being 'noise'. There's a ton of distortion in it, and it really does just sound like white noise with a drumbeat, crashing cymbals and a guy screaming random words that kinda rhyme. Personally, I like my music noisy, the less it sounds overproduced and the more it sounds like the guys recorded it in their garage, or recorded it live, the more I like it.

I've got a ton of CD's. I think i have over 50 by now. I listen to them all, the genres all vary slightly, but I like having so many options of music styles to pick from. It costed me a lot over the years, but I really do love it.

That's just me. I may list some bands I listen to particularly later, but there are so many to list right now. heh.

What do you guys listen to?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

15 October 2008 03:16 (UK time)

i like almost all kind of electrical music, but i remember that the first was techno (maybe because my brother listened it a lot). i like the fast rythm in it and the ton of effects, it always wakes me up.
nowadays my fave genre is trance. the melody is great, the vocals just cheer me up so its awesome.
my other favourite is Jpop, its good for everything. theres a big variety of music styles in it so i never got bored with it. And my fave artist sings in this genre, as you may guess she's Hamasaki Ayumi.
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

DarkRain

15 October 2008 07:05 (UK time)

I like listening to rock and metal, especially power metal. The bands I listen to have melodic songs with sensible lyrics.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Spy

15 October 2008 10:26 (UK time)

I like Linkin Park! :)
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

ParaSait

15 October 2008 14:09 (UK time)

I listen to about all sorts of Techno, especially House.

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Canuck

15 October 2008 15:16 (UK time)

Oh wow, I seem to be the odd one out...I listen to a lot of rock (old & new, all kinds) and blues. I'm not so much into the metal or techno.

A few of the bands I listen to:
Sam Roberts, Led Zeppelin, Eric Clapton (All of his many bands), Matt Mays & El Torpedo, Rush, Blue Rodeo, Pink Floyd, The Who

Edited: 15 October 2008 15:20

arezey

15 October 2008 16:25 (UK time)

Trance, rave and house. I don't have too much of favorites but I do tend to listen to minomus and Skaven (even without Meteor). I just like all trance, rave and house that's good.

ParaSait

15 October 2008 17:30 (UK time)

Look, this is the kind of music I listen to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eltt0nKz8PU

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Spy

15 October 2008 18:24 (UK time)

Lol :D

Dthdealer

15 October 2008 21:11 (UK time)

I'm with Arezay, my playlist is composed mainly of M1/2 songs and a few I've extracted from C&C renegade. I also use XMplayer to listen to them.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

arezey

16 October 2008 13:55 (UK time)

Dthdealer wrote:
I'm with Arezay, my playlist is composed mainly of M1/2 songs and a few I've extracted from C&C renegade. I also use XMplayer to listen to them.

Well in fact little of the music I listen to is used in M1/M2, sure there's Last Ravechild on it and a couple of others. My favorites are minomus' Cheese Patrol and Skaven's Codename Silver.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

16 October 2008 21:39 (UK time)

Heh well I'm pretty odd here too.

Punk
Street Punk
Crust Punk
Noise Punk
Thrash Punk
Crack Rock Steady
Ska-core
Hardcore
Straight-Edge
Power violence
and sometimes hip-hop

Are all genres of music I normally listen to. I dunno how to describe punk music alone, you'll have to find out yourself what that sounds like. Street Punk is a little faster version of punk, except with lyrics more about fighting, sticking together, and political issues. Crust Punk is a much deeper and slower version of punk, with heavier political styled lyrics, often about the clear despise of politics and regular citizen behavior in general. Noise punk and thrash punk are pretty much the same thing, they're loud,
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

ParaSait

16 October 2008 21:49 (UK time)

Papercut wrote:
Upon finding that it drew me to the conclusion that all music in pop culture sucks.
Oh noes... This is so going to end up in a music culture war ;P

Spy

17 October 2008 10:43 (UK time)

This is the only active thread in the forums right now.

arezey

17 October 2008 12:58 (UK time)

Papercut wrote:
Upon finding that it drew me to the conclusion that all music in pop culture sucks.

I'm with that, generally people have a very weird taste of music. Over here the radio is being kept on during the day and I forcefully hear 'songs' from popular culture. Once I heard an interview where they discussed electronic music. The one being interviewed said that electronic music won't last for long due to popular loss. That, I thought, was more wrong that 1+1=3.

ParaSait

17 October 2008 17:24 (UK time)

Sometimes, when I'm REALLY angry, I also like this sort of music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaWR_KdmWpA

=P

Spy

17 October 2008 17:49 (UK time)

Sometimes when I am angry, i listen this track! (^^,)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuBChDTEea8

Edited: 17 October 2008 17:50

ParaSait

17 October 2008 18:21 (UK time)

Haha I know that track. It's used a lot as a background music for FPS gameplay videos.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

18 October 2008 01:22 (UK time)

This is my favorite crack rock steady band, The Infested. Every one of their songs puts me in such a good mood. Especially the song 'the right to die'

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=6120414

Their album doesn't come out until November 3rd X(
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 18 October 2008 01:22

DarkRain

18 October 2008 09:55 (UK time)

Papercut wrote:
This is my favorite crack rock steady band, The Infested. Every one of their songs puts me in such a good mood. Especially the song 'the right to die'

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=6120414

Their album doesn't come out until November 3rd X(

I hadn't listened to 'The Infested' before. But now I have heard their music. It's not a bad band.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

23 October 2008 03:15 (UK time)

If you guys like hard stuff, I suggest you listen to Witch Hunt.

Try this song if you wanna be pissed off. It's called "Blood Red States"

http://www.rhapsody.com/player?type=track&id=tra.16409574&remote=false&page=&pageregion=&guid=&from=&pcode=rn&hasrhapx=true&__pcode=
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 23 October 2008 03:21

DarkRain

23 October 2008 12:16 (UK time)

I haven't heard about this band. But right now I can't listen to the music from the link you wrote because I am not in front of my own computer right now and also, this computer has no sound. But when I get home I will listen to the music of 'Witch Hunt'.

DarkRain

23 October 2008 19:12 (UK time)

I can't open the link! It says that I don't live in the USA and that's why I can't enter the site.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

25 October 2008 03:27 (UK time)

http://www.last.fm/music/Witch+Hunt

Try this one then. Theres a little music player in the top left, pick Blood Red States.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

DarkRain

25 October 2008 07:47 (UK time)

Not bad. But it's too hard for me.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use