JBPLAY  \  JBPlay.com General  \  General  \  The Great {Heh vs. Lol} Debate

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: The Great {Heh vs. Lol} Debate

40oz
 Official Sponsor

12 August 2008 02:34 (UK time)

I had to do it.

Now Pick a side.

When you are chatting, which phrase is more formidable for emphasizing laughter? Heh, or lol?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dthdealer

12 August 2008 08:15 (UK time)

:) > Heh & lol
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 12 August 2008 08:16

Canuck

12 August 2008 16:17 (UK time)

Well, I'm gonna have to go with 'heh', because when you read it out loud, it sounds like laughing. 'lol' doesn't sound like much of anything, being an abreviation.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

12 August 2008 16:56 (UK time)

heh sounds like a little bit negative in my language so i choose lol plus im used to that
though if there would be (^^,) then i would definitly choose that one!! LOL
HEH, i use that everywhere..
even in my avatar(^^,)
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Edited: 12 August 2008 17:04

arezey

12 August 2008 17:35 (UK time)

“<&aleksanteri> lol makes you sound like an aol user.“

*goes with heh*

Edited: 12 August 2008 17:35

40oz
 Official Sponsor

12 August 2008 18:11 (UK time)

Heh is a form of onomonopeia (In case you dont know what that means, it's when a word is spelled out the way it sounds, such as POW and arrggh)

Heh, since it really isn't laughing, more of just a thick breath, it's basically a way of telling people that ''I think what you said was funny and I want you to know that, but I wasn't really laughing''

LOL stands for ''Laugh out Loud'' or ''Lots of laughs'' or however you want the acronym to say. I can understand if an event happens or something that was said was extremely funny that you would indeed laugh out loud right in front of your computer, however over the years lol has been dragged out to hardly emphasize laughter at all. Instead it is replaced with lmao or rofl, with a couple exclamation points in the end to emphasize more laughter. I can hardly imagine that anything that happens on your computer is quite capable of making you laugh out loud as frequently as lol gets typed in chat rooms. If you laugh out loud that much at your computer, you will probably suffer embarrassment from those around you.

When I say Heh, you can tell that it is merely the sound I am making with my mouth. In fact, every time I type something, I don't type it formally, I type it the way I said it. So in the event that I type run-on sentences, chances are it would have been a run-on sentence if I had talked it out to you face to face. I don't want to demonstrate any form of lying or stretching the truth by telling people that I was laughing out loud, instead, i emphasize it by a mere sound of my mouth, heh.

If something extremely funny happens where I do indeed laugh out loud, I often choose to type 'haha'. I like to use haha because it demonstrates a type of range of laughter. The longer I am kept laughing, the longer the 'haha' would be. (i.e. hahahahahaha). If I laugh louder, i maybe inclined to go 'HAHAHA', as capitalizing each letter is known on some forums to be called 'yelling'.

I just think heh is a better form of identifying the strength of people's laughs than lol does, so I stick with heh.

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

12 August 2008 18:44 (UK time)

you should put this into uncyclopedia haha
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

ParaSait

12 August 2008 20:01 (UK time)

I choose for 'Heh' because you practically NEVER laugh out loud, you just say 'Heh' or maybe 'Haha', but we all must confess that we never say 'HAHAHAHAOMGOMGHEHEHEHAHAHA!!!!'

... except when you're really drunk or so =)

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Spy

13 August 2008 12:19 (UK time)

Lollolololololololool ( You Know What I Mean )
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

1up

13 August 2008 14:55 (UK time)

well it sounds dumb when you kill someone and say "heheheheheheheh roflpwned!"...i mean personally i perfer lolololololololkekburroflmaougotpwnzorz! over the one above...so im going with lol, lmao, and rofl and sometimes roflmao.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

40oz
 Official Sponsor

13 August 2008 15:18 (UK time)

it sounds dumb if you say you pwned someone too. Why not just say ''Bwahha your dead! You suck!''
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

ParaSait

13 August 2008 19:53 (UK time)

Haha, internet language is the best language ever =P
'ROFLURPWNZORZ'

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 13 August 2008 19:54

me_mantis

15 August 2008 05:41 (UK time)

y'all got incredibly, and undeniably pwn'd lol.

heh sounds like "I'm pretending to thing what you said is funny, but it's not, so be quiet, and go away."

lol sounds like "I think that's funny, but I wouldn't laugh, unless it was really funny in which I'd type lolr"

lolr "means laughing out loud really" (I made this up)

haha "that's funny man, keep it up"

lqtm "laughing quietly to myself. this is what I actually do."

hehehe "evil plotting laugh."

hahaha nooooooooooooooooooo
this shall not go on any longer. I'll just save the post and that's that.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use