You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Rod 3D  \  General  \  HeadToHead

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: HeadToHead

DarkRain

14 February 2008 18:16 (UK time)

Is it going to be possible to play HeadToHead or Cooperative on one computer in Rod 3D?
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

ParaSait

15 February 2008 15:14 (UK time)

I'm sure that could be implemented. An offline multiplayer mode is never that hard to create.

EDIT: I just found out that multiplayer on the same computer is called 'Hot seat mode'. Thought it may be an important word for this topic =)

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 15 February 2008 15:17

Dthdealer

16 February 2008 00:52 (UK time)

I've never played multiplayer Meteor.What's it like?
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

16 February 2008 05:27 (UK time)

its so super cool
ive played it with my brothers over LAN
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Dthdealer

16 February 2008 09:46 (UK time)

Hmmm, time to multi-task two m2 windows on the same computer!
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

ParaSait

16 February 2008 21:48 (UK time)

I ever tried playing Meteor 2 online with PetiX and Erik, but we constantly had problems with the connection :(
We just couldn't join the hosted game; anyone had this problem too? How do I solve it?

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dthdealer

17 February 2008 05:26 (UK time)

Get another player to host it. Probably a firewall.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

ParaSait

17 February 2008 13:12 (UK time)

Everyone tried to host, and we all turned off our firewall... but nope, nothing.

James Bunting
18 February 2008 22:16 (UK time)

You need to redirect the Meteor 2 server port on the router for whoever is hosting.

ParaSait

19 February 2008 09:33 (UK time)

Um, OK but how do I do that? (I'm not really trusted to that terminology :p)

1up

18 May 2008 01:45 (UK time)

You must set the Port ID for the hosting server to the wire that connects it to the router...
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use