You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Rod 3D  \  Testing Feedback  \  Fog on ATI video cards (blue streaks in map)

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Fog on ATI video cards (blue streaks in map)

James Bunting
06 May 2008 10:54 (UK time)

ATI cards seem to produce blue streaks (like rivers) all over the place.

I am aware of this problem and will be addressing it. To workaround this turn off fog in the Video Options.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

06 May 2008 15:49 (UK time)

Yeah i noticed that, and there are the typical disapperaing things too.

nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

arezey

06 May 2008 16:32 (UK time)

On the first scene of the campaign there's also a trail of the top of a building in the sky, which gets cleared after a couple of seconds.

James Bunting
06 May 2008 17:39 (UK time)

Yes, its basically the fog being rendered in entirely the wrong place.

On Nvidia cards the fog is drawn correctly on the horizon and things appear gradually from within the fog.

When the fog is messed up things just go "bang" here I am and it looks pretty funny.

Dthdealer

09 May 2008 11:12 (UK time)

downloading now
I wonder if it will work on my super duper (pun) on-board VGA

EDIT: I'm sorry I have to say this but the 3d models are appalling in some cases (eg the boat). Can you please tell us which 3d programs are used for Rod3D.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 09 May 2008 11:23

James Bunting
12 May 2008 11:36 (UK time)

Ouch.

Bah, it took me months to make those and they are exact replicas of those in Rod 1. I had never made any models before.

I think the models are pretty good. Of course if you mean the red boat "Cel's Boat", well that is supposed to look corny (its an in-house joke).

The other models I am generally happy with although the walking animations for the human and cow could use a little work. Some of the earlier models may also want some optimisation (i.e. the shell is 2 cylinders).

I used Milkshape3D to make the models.

DarkRain

12 May 2008 17:25 (UK time)

Good models. I like them a lot.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

03 January 2009 18:37 (UK time)

with the latest drivers the fog is correct on my ati card
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use