You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Files  \  The meteormods.com upload thread

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: The meteormods.com upload thread

me_mantis

20 June 2008 18:29 (UK time)

Hey guys!
I haven't updated meteormods in decades, so it's time we got somthing started.

Upload your file here.

Upload a 160x120 screenshot from it.

Tell me the autor name.

This isn't a discussion thread. Just upload your stuff. When I put it on meteormods.com I'll delete your post. If you've made files you want on meteormods.com and they aren't there, post here, and I'll make it happen.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dthdealer

21 June 2008 01:44 (UK time)

M3 fan art wallpaper. Yes I know M3 will be 3d *sob*

''Autor'' name:Dthdealer + Credits for JB for the ash image and Meteor 2 game

Uploaded is a 160x120 thumbnail, as you requested.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 21 June 2008 01:47

Spy

21 June 2008 20:32 (UK time)

Please, Upload My Mod Too! You Can Find It Here: http://www.jbserver.com/forums/ThreadView.asp?ForumId=1&TopicId=7&ThreadId=1583 EDIT: And A Picture Too?! Gee, IDK. But The Author Is Naval War!
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Edited: 06 July 2008 16:28

ParaSait

22 June 2008 11:02 (UK time)

Hey Dthdealer, nice image you uploaded there. Why don't you use it as your profile pic? That broken image icon is starting to get boring anyway =D

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dthdealer

05 July 2008 03:04 (UK time)

Attached is an alternate menuback.pcx file for M1 or M2
This uses the same back image as the version (that I never released) for boogles.
I have not been able to track down the author, back then, and now. If anyone has any information to the original author can they please tell me so I can watermark the credits.

--
Edit by James
This file has been moved to meteormods.com
http://www.meteormods.com/File_Info.asp?FileId=5634
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Edited: 20 August 2008 17:27

Spy

06 July 2008 16:26 (UK time)

So, When Is It Updated?

Dthdealer

09 July 2008 07:08 (UK time)

Hopefully soon.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

40oz
 Official Sponsor

10 July 2008 16:25 (UK time)

Whoa that's awesome Dthdealer! I'll have Mankind finished soon, so that's soon to be tagged on to the list of material that needs to be uploaded.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dthdealer

11 July 2008 04:47 (UK time)

Thanks paper, I'm also working on a Meteor Forum avatar pack.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

DarkRain

11 July 2008 08:25 (UK time)

That's a great idea, Dthdealer. You are good at drawing.

The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Dthdealer

11 July 2008 10:31 (UK time)

Have you been looking at my Kindergarten sketches?
Kidding :p

EDIT: Attaching a few of them now
The sources are simply photoshop files zipped in a 7-zip self-extractor and then tweaked using Resource Hacker.
These are just a few of what I'm working on, and note that the bigM is animated.
Seeing as they are full of Meteor 2 content, JB decides on the distribution rules.

--
Edit by James
I added your avatars to the standard list in the profile icon picker.
Nice work.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 20 August 2008 13:33

ParaSait

11 July 2008 12:20 (UK time)

So are these avaters supposed to be added to that profile pic chooser at the account setup of this forum?

EDIT: Oh and BTW, PH0T05H0P 1Z T3H B3ST PR0GR4M 3V4R!!!! XP

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 11 July 2008 12:22

Spy

11 July 2008 13:38 (UK time)

DthDealer Is Cool!

DarkRain

11 July 2008 14:23 (UK time)

Another great images painted by Dthdealer. Good work.

Dthdealer

13 July 2008 10:43 (UK time)

Thanks fellow modders!
Hopefully they will be added to the list to choose from.

EDIT: I've attached some more to my previous post. The sources for them are also provided in the new self-extractor.
If it's a GIF file then it's animated.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 13 July 2008 12:58

ParaSait

13 July 2008 13:34 (UK time)

Cool new profile pic, Dthdealer. Anyway, much better than thumbs.db XD

EDIT: 400'th post!!!

Edited: 13 July 2008 13:35

DarkRain

13 July 2008 13:52 (UK time)

Great work again. The pictures are fabulous.

Edited: 13 July 2008 13:52

40oz
 Official Sponsor

16 July 2008 21:12 (UK time)

http://jbserver.com/forums/ThreadView.asp?ForumId=1&TopicId=7&ThreadId=1571

I demand Mankind: Struggle for Existence be put on meteormods.com right now!

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Janne

17 July 2008 08:14 (UK time)

Upload my map. http://www.jbserver.com/forums/ThreadView.asp?ForumId=4&TopicId=30&ThreadId=1589&highlight=labyrinth
Autor: Janne

Edited: 17 July 2008 08:34

Spy

17 July 2008 13:20 (UK time)

Here!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

17 July 2008 16:07 (UK time)

What's your map called janne?

and thats a pretty cool map naval war.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Spy

17 July 2008 16:51 (UK time)

MAP?! Its A Mod!!

Janne

19 July 2008 07:15 (UK time)

Its called Labyrinth Challenge.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

22 July 2008 18:37 (UK time)

The Naval Wars
Dark Conspiracy
Mankind: Struggle for Existence

Have been added to meteormods.com. It was tricky, James and I were having a stressful time trying to teach me how to use FTP, I'm going to continue playing around with it until I am fluent with it, then I will reach out to other things that need to be uploaded.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

ParaSait

22 July 2008 22:07 (UK time)

Ahh come on, don't tell me that working with FTP is hard! Did you know I once even was an assisant site master (so that means a lot of FTP) for a vacation job? Seriously!

Anyway, I'm happy that Meteormods.com has finally risen from the grave again =P

Edited: 22 July 2008 22:09

1up

23 July 2008 00:51 (UK time)

/dance
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

DarkRain

23 July 2008 06:52 (UK time)

Thanks a lot, Papercut!

Spy

23 July 2008 08:17 (UK time)

GJ!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

23 July 2008 18:02 (UK time)

Mrazerty: It actually isn't though there is something barring me from entering meteormods.com with it. I recalled Doomworld's doom archive needing mods to be submitted using FTP, and somehow I was able to get on their archives just fine. I'm not really sure what's keeping me from getting on meteormods.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

James Bunting
15 August 2008 11:52 (UK time)

Mods, maps and fan art etc can be uploaded via the new Meteor Mods uploader.

http://www.meteormods.com/upload/

This will email your file and description to all MM admins including myself, ensuring that it gets added.

Please refer to this thread for more information...
http://www.jbserver.com/forums/ThreadView.asp?ForumId=1&TopicId=46&ThreadId=1682

I will lock this thread so new stuff is uploaded there.

I will also move this thread to the jbgames general category under web site stuff.

---

PS. I am working through this thread to track down the missing mods on the site and ensuring that other items are added.

* YOU DON'T NEED TO SUBMIT ANYTHING THAT IS ALREADY LISTED IN THIS THREAD. :p *

Edited: 15 August 2008 11:59

me_mantis

15 September 2008 03:00 (UK time)

alriighty..
if you're files that are listed here are on the meteormods site, please remove the text from your post, and I'll clean it up!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use