You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Files  \  Meteor 2 script file generator - batch-file version

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Meteor 2 script file generator - batch-file version

Dthdealer

02 February 2008 02:33 (UK time)

Made a batch-file script-file creator today. Place it in your meteor2 maps directory and then run it either inside command prompt or by double-clicking it. What do you think of it? Also please point out any bugs.

Please post any requests on the script-page layout.

Even if you want me to build an entirely different dos batch-file program. I can have the user use 4 methods of input. extra words after the name of the batch file, Y/N questions, input a line of text (finally found out how) and get them to press any key during a pause for the program to continue.

EDIT: Happy Chinese new-year!
EDIT2: I just ranked up from contributing member to contributing member! What an achievement!
EDIT3: Version 2 released
EDIT4: Working on new version. Automatically places files in M2 maps directory and prompts for a file name when you run the program.
EDIT5: Version 3.0 released. Please report every bug you come across.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 16 February 2008 00:47

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dthdealer

03 February 2008 04:16 (UK time)

Anyone tried it yet?
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

mike323
03 February 2008 08:32 (UK time)

I am unfortunately getting an unknown page. Odd.

Dthdealer

06 February 2008 06:55 (UK time)

Ah, a 404. Will re-upload
EDIT: still 404 the uploads probably doesn't support bat files. I'll zip it
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 06 February 2008 06:56

ParaSait

07 February 2008 19:37 (UK time)

What exactly should it do?

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dthdealer

09 February 2008 01:12 (UK time)

It creates a script file wherever its placed. If you are running it via dos-prompt you can put an extra option after its name that tells it the file name to create

EDIT: Just realised i made a mistake. "ECHO is of." lol
I'll fix that bug and add a segment of code to create the pda messages file.

EDIT2: I'll have to rename the attached example to txt, as there is a 404 for .sc files as well.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 09 February 2008 01:16

Dthdealer

09 February 2008 03:34 (UK time)

Version 2.0 released. Please report any bugs.
It now creates a hidden "m2.log" file that logs all actions taken by this program. Also has extra command line options, a new-look menu and creates .txt pda files as well.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Dthdealer

15 February 2008 07:17 (UK time)

Who here knows how to use dos?
And for those who don't, does the attached image look stupidly simple or complex to you?
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 15 February 2008 07:17

DarkRain

15 February 2008 10:02 (UK time)

It's not so complex but it is not too simple either.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

16 February 2008 05:14 (UK time)

the problem is that i installed Meteor to a different folder, not the default c:\games\meteor
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Dthdealer

16 February 2008 07:47 (UK time)

I'll make a 3.1 with the ability to permanently save directories. Just give me a day or so.
Does the function for the wrong directory even work? TO make it easier browse to one folder above the maps folder, and then drag-and-drop the maps folder into dos prompt when it asks you for the directory.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

16 February 2008 09:17 (UK time)

it shows me a lot of 'access denied' lines

Dthdealer

16 February 2008 09:43 (UK time)

??? post ss please
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

16 February 2008 12:47 (UK time)

ive just solved that acces denied problem.. =)
but heres the screen just for the record =)

Dthdealer

17 February 2008 03:37 (UK time)

Errr... wow! I thought I fixed that.
How did you fix it?
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

17 February 2008 06:05 (UK time)

ive just copied the batch file to a place where the access is not denied and ran it there..
simply as that

Dthdealer

23 February 2008 04:02 (UK time)

What did you think of the unicode logo?
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use