You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Files  \  File Uploads

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: File Uploads

James Bunting
30 April 2006 20:38 (UK time)

Hello all,

File uploads were disabled about a week ago after somebody reminded us all that people can abuse such useful things.

I have now enabled uploads again but only for "acclaimed members". The rankings for members have changed a little....

Forum Moderator remains the same.
Recognised Member is now called "Contributing Member".
A new member type called "Acknowledged Member" has been created. This is a sort of "trusted" member thing.

Basically anyone in the above 3 groups (oh and "Fastest Mappers" lol) can upload files. Normal members will need to wait (or perhaps ask) before been allowed to upload files to this server.

James

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

01 May 2006 06:56 (UK time)

thanks, i really missed the upload
(and im not simple member any more but who knows what will happen after i finish 'Before M1')
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

mike323
01 May 2006 16:27 (UK time)

Well this should keep those hackers down for a bit. This is what can happen with communistic forums :)

arezey

01 May 2006 17:19 (UK time)

What about forum code? Like formatting text with html but replacing the tag starer and ender with [] brackets? Like [b] could do bold, [i] italics, [arial] arial text, [13px] 13 pixel sized font.

me_mantis

01 May 2006 20:45 (UK time)

[][]<><><><><><><><><><>
I think its awesome without any text alterations er whatever. I'd rather see more features in m2 than the forums...

@alek.. I finally got your base omicon map pic up.

expect more stuff soon.

VR_Rat

02 May 2006 00:42 (UK time)

Well, I guess this is paritially my idea. The ranking thing I mean. Unless James never saw that post. At least I don't have to lose my fastest mapper and get Acknowledged to upload =D.

Assain

02 May 2006 02:16 (UK time)

We did pretty well for our first "attack" ;D

Gamehippo gets hit alot harder hacker-wise. If you noticed on the GH forums, the banner has been changed by the hacker "Terminal Hacker Elite", and he screwed up with accounts and such, and messed around with the offical e-mailer and the news system, sending false e-mails and news on the website. Right now, all of thats been fixed, but the "scar" left behind (the banner image), is still there, and all the moderators on the forum were stripped of thier ranks for the most part (although its not really needed). And because the webmaster mysteriously disappeared a while ago, there is absolutly nothing that can be done about it. The Reviewers and a few community memebers are the only people keeping the website alive, as they are the only ones who can keep contributing to the forums and website. It's pretty much died thanks to hackers and a missing webmaster :*(

VR_Rat

02 May 2006 22:06 (UK time)

If only we could strike back.

arezey

06 May 2006 12:09 (UK time)

me_mantis: I finally got your base omicon map pic up.

Did I ever tell you Omicron is one of the maps in MSA? Keep it as a small release just if I want to keep excitement up. You can also fix it up if it is bugged =D

I quess I still need maybe 2 months on MSA to get it done (if I release M2M1 version 1.21 now)

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use