You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Editing  \  New mod for full Meteor II: Life of a Meteordude.

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: New mod for full Meteor II: Life of a Meteordude.

Flammable Maniac

16 October 2004 23:00 (UK time)

Alright heres the deal: Any of you tried Life of a Peasant for Warcraft III? Well ive been thinking of making a similar game, just for Meteor II!

Basic ideas:

4 people (if Meteor II will be playable over the internet) start in a bum quarter in the big city. They have NO weapons, NO money, NO house and no vehicles. You gain money (those disc-things used for doors will be the currency in this world), which can be used for weapons, ammo, medical supplies, vehicles and even houses! To get money, you must do errands for the different NPC citydwellers scattered around the town. for eksample: Ol' Toothless Joe cant get to his apartment because some hoodlums blocks the entrance, you kill the troublemakers, one of them has a key, you use the key for the mans apartment, inside the apartment you will find 1 disc.

Each buyable item will be locked inside rooms in stores, where a number of disc-requiring doors symbolises the amount of money needed to buy respectively that item/vehicle/house. You can also obtain discs, by going into the warzone between the two cities (there will be 2 cities, a rich one, and the starter one), and start killing soldiers. The only 2 ways to get a weapon, without using money, is either joining one of the two cities armies, where you will recieve a standard pistol, or finding a weapon in the heat of battle between the cities. Houses will come with a group of 4 goons, and garage for your vehicle(s). To win, you must kill all the other players (if you die, youre dead, permanently (ingame of course :p).

Now heres some things im not sure will be in the full version of Meteor II (if they arent, will thee almighty James please consider adding it? I dont know much about making new features to the Meteorgames, thats why im asking for help:

1. Being able to hold multiple discs.

2. Being able to drop items (for resale, ornament in house etc.).

3. making walls, that cant be flown over.

4. Meteor II playable over the internet?

5. Doors being able to eat discs (to prevent that you only need 1 disc throughout the whole game.

6. Making ingame walkpaths (for goons)

Thanks for your time, viewing this :)!

Sincerely

Flammable Maniac

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Flammable Maniac

16 October 2004 23:17 (UK time)

Oh yeah and the goons shall fire at whatever you fire at.

...And perhaps some people will enjoy the game more, if theyre not trying to kill eachother.

Edited: 16 October 2004 23:22

James Bunting
17 October 2004 23:28 (UK time)

Sounds like a great mod idea, a lot of your features are already possible in v1.3 (out very soon, no really). I will look at these in more detail over the coming weeks.

Flammable Maniac

18 October 2004 13:17 (UK time)

nothing more to say than :D!

Can the maps in 1.3 be edited further in 1.4, 1.5 and so on?

Edited: 18 October 2004 15:57

James Bunting
19 October 2004 08:56 (UK time)

As I have stated elsewhere the v1.3+ maps (and most over things) will be supported from now on.

As for your list I will clean up the items one at a time...

1) You can make your own items in the Items Editor, its no fuss. You can have an item called "credit" and have several power ups which issue different values like coins = 1 credit, big coins = 3 credits and so on.

2) Script will have full control of your items inventory. Currently it can set your items, not read/check them, however this will be added.

3) Yes I agree these are needed, especially for missions where the player flies around.

4) Well of course, it will be faster than M1 too (well actually M1 will be updated as well).

5) Yes I will add this.

6) Already done, see waypoints.

Flammable Maniac

19 October 2004 13:44 (UK time)

yay :D

Armageddon1212

02 January 2005 16:40 (UK time)

Also if you want for the doors with discs if it is not possible for them to eat more than one you could just put a series of doors.

and this mod souns great but i think the objective should be to own the most property and item value after the war betwwen the two cities is over. :D

I cant wait for meteor 2 and your mod so go at it!

Flammable Maniac

02 January 2005 18:32 (UK time)

Aw maan... That was what didnt want to hear...

Sorry Jb... Ive been trying to use those damn trigger functions for so long... Its utterly hopeless for me to figure it out...

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use