You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Editing  \  Error after creating new object.

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Error after creating new object.

Dopewingduck

18 July 2013 01:19 (UK time)

Hey guys I'm new here but I've been a fan of Meteor for a long time now. Anyway, I'm working on a mod for meteor two and I got an error screen in the background of the game menu. I created an object that is a vehicle riding a vehicle riding a vehicle. The object works great but I get this error saying a vehicle can not be a driver. Is there anyway around this or should I just scrap it?
We be moden'!

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

me_mantis

18 July 2013 18:37 (UK time)

Right now it's "not allowed."

I think it works fine in game though. It's kinda fun to have a unit be able to explode into littler units which explode into littler units.

Perhaps JB could change this =)

Dopewingduck

18 July 2013 19:08 (UK time)

Yeah it is. Basically what I did was drew a zombie. It is set as a enclosed vehicle and the driver of the "vehicle" is the same zombie but now he's split in half and crawling with his guts hanging out. I changed the smoke sprite to an invisible sprite so he doesn't smoke when he's almost dead. It's cool because you think it's dead then it just starts crawling towards you. Good times :)
We be moden'!

ParaSait

18 July 2013 21:00 (UK time)

Always great to hear that someone's working on a new mod!
What you're trying to do sounds pretty interesting, so good luck with the project.

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dopewingduck

18 July 2013 21:15 (UK time)

Thanx. Yeah I hope that I can make something nice. Its going to be a zombie survival horror thingy. My sprite work is awesome but the scripting is alittle tedious, but im getting it .I know everyone is moving on th bigger and better things with ROD 3d and Meteor 3 but, I like the sprite based form of meteor two alot. I hope it's gets some more updates though. Just some fixes.
We be moden'!

ParaSait

18 July 2013 22:04 (UK time)

James is working on a gold edition of M2 nowadays if I'm not mistaken, and I have a feeling it'll be something to look forward to if you're a modder who likes to push the boundaries. :p

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dopewingduck

18 July 2013 22:21 (UK time)

Dude that sounds awesome! I will defiantly be first in line to download that. :D
We be moden'!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use