You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Editing  \  newbie here, need some help

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: newbie here, need some help

Dthdealer

10 March 2007 09:43 (UK time)

1st up, can you make custom collision for a sector, instead of the presets. eg only submarines and walking units.
also, for some reason units sometimes magically dissapear on startup, and require you to re-load the map for them to appear. annoying when you have alot of c4 together or have an onobjectdie sript.
one more thing, meteor 2 mod manager gives me "Failed to load control 'SSTab' frpm TABCTL32.OCX. your version outdated" bla bla wehn i trie to use it. reninstalled 3 times and still wont work.
this has not yet been done in any map i have seen yet, but can you share bevels if you have one or more sectors needing to share it?
spkanx.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Erik

10 March 2007 17:22 (UK time)

Im also suffering from same problem about obj. that dissapears :( my tip is to make the objects placing as much independent as possible, for example: If it disapears, the level wont be lost :S or something :)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

10 March 2007 19:51 (UK time)

I don't think you can cuztomize sectors, I think whatever it allows passable is what you have to work with.

Sometimes posting a few extra objects around on the map (like useless decorations such as lights or crates) can reduce the risk of a random object not appearing. Until the random object dissapearing bug gets ruled out, filling up a map with vital objects can mess up your scripts.

I havent used M2 mod manager for a while, the last one I used (I dont remember which version) couldn't even open for me. The M1 mod manager works fine. Supposedly a new program called MeteorFE (Meteor Front End) was announced severall months ago, but no updates has been posted since. It was expected to be a really handy tool for running meteor 1 and 2, whatever mods, and other miscellaneous customizations, and should make the mod managers obsolete.

EDIT:
Oh and about that bevel thing, Is this what you mean? (Check attached pic)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 10 March 2007 20:05

Dthdealer

11 March 2007 00:13 (UK time)

yes i do, but something that small could be done as one sector, its just so that larger sectors can be done seperately without the strange bevel. also scripting things like blowing up the c4 at the back of the hanger was a bit obvious being the bevel there. of course i could just make some sprites, but i would have to edit the images with a bevel and do every texture i need.
aslo great if you want to share the bevel between roof sectors eg a bridge handrail or rails over a room with the same texture & bevel as the wall.
geez, maybe i should stick to 3d with renengade....nah.

also want to post a prob with doors here, i cant open them by walking straight into them, i have to go back and trie to go through them again.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Dthdealer

15 March 2007 06:08 (UK time)

crap
decided to make a time style sector using the clone stamp in adobe for a sector texture, wt? it crops then repeats the image when applied. ravagers uses tonnes bigger images than this, i think one of the castle was 2000 by something pixels

i think its about time someone released an un-oficial patch for the map editor with some more feature than just custom sector collision. finally, objects connected to water that you can do nothing but shoot over (cliffs etc).
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Knasp

15 March 2007 09:22 (UK time)

Well you could always place sprites.
Perhaps you mean like a rock in the water that water units can shoot over but cant drive through.
If you mean the second one you could use "Land" for that sector.

Dthdealer

15 March 2007 09:30 (UK time)

i mean a sector with every collision exept projectile enabled, noi vehs or units. water would work if you didnt have boats, and you cant make a solid band round the edge as it would stop projectiles. sprites might work but i wouldn't know how to make them so large.

still need help with the resizing issue
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 15 March 2007 09:31

40oz
 Official Sponsor

15 March 2007 19:22 (UK time)

I remember a while back, me_mantis said texturess should always be in multiples of 8.

8x8
64x64
128x128
256x256
512x512
768x768

Measures like that. Any other pixel amounts should clip the texture.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dthdealer

17 March 2007 09:33 (UK time)

i am kinda askin for a bit, but all this is going to a mod i may release. according to the meteor script index site, the example says i am not doing anything wrong, but m2 does.

SC_GameMessage("lets see if i can loosen things up";);
//5 secs to kill the switch
SC_Wait( 500);
if( SC_ObjectExists(32) == 1)
{
SC_GameOver("Sorry man, cant help";);
}
if( SC_ObjectExists(32) == 0)
{
SC_GameMessage("snore....snore..what! it's been destroyed! ah crap that'll hurt my pay";);
SC_SetSectorHidden( 16, 1);
}
SC_BindObjectToWaypoint( 12, 10);
edit: ill replace tabs with spaces, as they dont appear
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 17 March 2007 09:53

Dthdealer

17 March 2007 09:57 (UK time)

tabs dont show up, and spaces befpre lines dont work in these forums, darn, how the heck can i upload the file?
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 17 March 2007 09:58

40oz
 Official Sponsor

17 March 2007 19:48 (UK time)

hmm. It looks kinda messed up. Make sure before every action you have an event trigger to trigger those actions. Here are all possible Event triggers:

void OnMapStart()
void OnObjectHurt_???()
void OnObjectDie_???()
void OnWaypointReached_???(int ObjectId)
void OnEnterVehicle_???()
void OnExitVehicle_???()
void OnObjectTypeEnter( int ObjectId, int ObjectTypeNumber)

It took me a while to figure out how this scripting stuff works, but I finally got the hang of it. So if you can do me a favor and describe what exactly you are trying to make happen, I can help you out a bit.

M2 currently doesn't do a good job at describing what is wrong with your scripts. It's especially annoying when things such as typos can disable your whole script file.

If you are not sure how scripting stuff works, I can explain the skeleton of it for you:

At the beginning of every script, it should always start with a heading like this:

#title "whatever your mapname is"
#author "whatever your name is"

#include meteor2

After that, you gotta place an event, such as those listed above. Events are things that happen that causes functions to go in effect. It has to be exact spelling, including caps, and any question marks have to be filled in with whatever is necessary. The script names are pretty self explanatory for what they do. (void OnObjectDie_???() means that the following functions start when ??? object ID dies.) Immediately after placing whatever event, and filling in the missing information, start a new line, and type in the functions you want to happen. You can have multiple functions for one event, though each function must be seperated to be in their own lines, and also seperated with a semicolon (this thing '';'') at the end of every function. I see you already know that though. However, once you have entered in your functions for the event, they must be enclosed in {}'s. Those should also be in seperate lines.

By now your event/functions should look like this. (remember that your heading is required at the top too.)

[whatever event you choose]()
{
[whatever function you choose];
}

Or if you have multible functions:

[whatever event you choose]()
{
[whatever function you choose 1];
[whatever function you choose 2];
[whatever function you choose 3];
}

After you enclose your actions, you can start a new event, and open up more functions by enclosing them in {}'s.

After you have finished making all your events an the functions that take place in them, make sure you tack down all the events that are used in the line after your heading. I'm not completely sure why you need this, but it's required to make your scripts work. simply all you do is type this:

export [your third event listed];
export [your second event listed];
export [your third event listed;

Remember to fit that in immediately after your heading after you had finished typing in all your events/functions. Like functions, they also must be seperated in seperate lines and with semicolons. It is also possible to produce an entire script file with no spaces or tabs. In fact it's more likely to work correctly without them.

Also those double slash things (//[whatever text]) are not required. They are simply little notes that describe what your event/functions do in your map in english. I tend to avoid them so that I dont confuse myself or disorganize my scripts.

I described the skeleton of script files the best I could. I hope it made sense, because I knew when people tried to describe to me how to make a script file, I couldnt understand it for the longest time. Once you understand the whole thing, you can pump out script files with ease.

I'd still like to continue helping you with your script though, mind telling me what youre trying to make happen?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 17 March 2007 19:49

40oz
 Official Sponsor

17 March 2007 19:50 (UK time)

Grr. Their should be quotes around where it says whatever your mapname is and whatever your name is. Apparently quotation marsk dont show up on these forums either.

An you can't attach files until you become an acknowledged member, or any rank above. I wish I knew exactly what the parameters of reaching those ranks are, but you are going to have to wait till you reach that rank to attach stuff to posts.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 17 March 2007 19:52

1up

17 March 2007 22:11 (UK time)

hey paper >_> i c you changed your photo.
I might be able to help with the boat thing.
well, one way is to nag james until he makes a new passable type called proj. and air units but thats gonna be a while.

Or...you CAN use a sprite that wont let obj. -not-Air- thru but allows proj. and air >_>.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Dthdealer

18 March 2007 07:24 (UK time)

i do know how to scipt, i ahve done tonnes of it on un-released maps, but they are all crap.
by the way, that was the trouble cut from the script that i made.

i was setting it up, so that my "security" export un-hides a wall, sets object 12 (the torturer) to a waypoint. this is where the trouble begins.
he reaches a switch object, simply a modified pcx of the flame turret wall thingee, then he waits 5 seconds. if you destroy the switch (object 32) in that time, he says "snore....snore..what! it's been destroyed! ah crap that'll hurt my pay" (dont worry, the exclamation marks should have shown up in earlier post edit: even here they should appear, darn this forum engine), then sets the blocking sector hidden.
if the switch is still alive after that 5 seconds,its gameover and "sorry man, cant help" shows up.
at the bottom of those 2 "ifs" it binds the torturer (12) to waypath 10 as either way i want it to happen.
note that this is all in one script export, and lines:
{
SC_GameOver(Sorry man, cant help);
}
and
{
SC_GameMessage(snore....snore..what! it's been destroyed! ah crap that'll hurt my pay);
SC_SetSectorHidden( 16, 1);
}
are 2 tabs in, not 1. by memory thats how meteor seer logic works. that is probably my problamatic area.

that kinda ruined part of the puzzle of this map, as it wouldn't be the most obvious thing to kill the switch in those 5 seconds.

also need some inspiration on more gun designs and object styles. have made a sub-machine-gun, a 9mm, sniper, a purposely dum gun (every good mod has to have one in a secret area) a new player, switch, textures, hud icons for weapons, hangman targets, pows, and of coure the intro map (starting from scratch)

going to work on or working on a new fork lift, garbage truck, female nurse, big-bum civi (serious), and hopefully some new projectiles. waddia tink? hopefully release a beta as soon as i get perm for the background (i used an online image) and scavange a good soundtrack.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 18 March 2007 07:32

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 March 2007 19:23 (UK time)

You mod is sounding really nice. Your script however seems a little complicated, I'm gonna study it a little more before I give you an honest answer. I had never uced SC_Wait before, I'd have to give that a shot to understand what it can do. I know theres a trigger to set a time limit before failing the mission though, but i think it only goes by minutes rather than seconds.

Alright let me know if i understand what your trying to make. Basically your setting up a room for an execution. The executioner walks over to the switch, and by then, you are awarded with 5 seconds to break the switch (with a gun I suppose). If you can break the switch, then the dude he's executing doesn't die, and then the executioner goes ''Snore. Snore. Huh?! switch is broken!?'' (or something like that) If you dont break the switch in 5 seconds, then the mission fails?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 19 March 2007 19:27

Dthdealer

20 March 2007 07:52 (UK time)

yes, but nonw dies, he is called the exicutioner but dosn't kill anyone. actually the reason he was bound to the waypoint was not to kill, but instead help the charachter get past a security malfuntion. logic is still the same though.
i dought the gameover in bla bla mins script is what i want, it sounds like a mission timer, and i dought it can be exicuted then stopped.
have made an new soldier, removed the norm meteor powerup presets from the items ini (exept for health packs etc.). also made a new version of the slugger to suit the brown-armed soldier.
fixing some texture size problems at the moment, hopefully do some wall lights. the fork-lift i made is ugly (hopefully get to redo its sprite, but heah, meteors one is ugly too), and its weapon (aka fork) is using the nun-chucker projectile. did i mention those? oh and i forgot to mention bonuses. made a new power-up called pwnage (quite dum actually, but heah its something new) that can be spent on extra weapons at the end of a level.
level progress is slow though, trying to hide the 9mm somehow. may make a new box it'll blend into, but in the meantime i really need to get that script going.

Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 20 March 2007 07:54

Dthdealer

23 March 2007 23:05 (UK time)

WTF? the post sount for attaching files must be very small, i can now do it, but i cant release a beta until i get perm for the background.
update on whats happpened.
flooded the map with lights, not dumly but it actually makes it look alot better.
made a mini-gun turret called the "puma" and a orange armored buggy.
fixed the bullet bug, set their speeds to -1 instead of the really buggy 40
made a confetti sprite (how dumb to note this)
making a playground
still need help with that script before i can get too hardcote.
will trie and attach the annoying script (basically empty because it stuffed up with that one bit so early)

Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

JohnnyRancid

24 March 2007 00:46 (UK time)

your post count is lower than mine ]=(

lucky....

Edited: 24 March 2007 00:47

Dthdealer

24 March 2007 10:01 (UK time)

yes, but i am somehow an acknowledged member (huh? when did that happen)
re-working the turrets projectile and object settings, making a blown-up area for a bitter combat, and then going to bed.
whatever the un clock says, in aussiewalia its now 9:01pm and daylight savings will end tommorow.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Dthdealer

24 March 2007 10:09 (UK time)

oh and thos tex sizes, can they be any possible multiple of eight? or only those?
edit: rocks6? it seems to be really random, same as m1 switch, whats happening with those 2 textures?
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 25 March 2007 07:44

arezey

25 March 2007 10:17 (UK time)

I believe those files just are corrupted

Dthdealer

30 March 2007 06:47 (UK time)

would they kill any computer, or cause any bugs, or can they be used anyway without problem (they seem to work fine with my sys/i dont mean i can see what they really look like, i mean they display orquadley and dont freeze me.)
still pending on perm for the background, might resend the email or do a beta without
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 30 March 2007 06:48

Dthdealer

01 April 2007 02:53 (UK time)

m2 supposedly has a recording thing inbuilt, how do i use it? was going to show some work on the map and weapons.
if you dont want me to spoil it just tell me and i wont
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

40oz
 Official Sponsor

02 April 2007 01:32 (UK time)

IconRecord - records gameplay
IconStop - stops recording

Type that stuff in the console menu. I never used it before, supposedly it produces 96x96 .pcx files. I hope its handy.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dthdealer

06 April 2007 05:28 (UK time)

curd, i thought 96x96 stretched, not cropped.
if they exported into seperate gifs, then id be happy as id just have to plonk them 1 by one.......m2 recording is useless
there has to be a better way.(wow, what luck,a subject on that in these forums.)
hope to post some ss's soon
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Dthdealer

10 April 2007 09:01 (UK time)

Brainstorming
-make a building in map editor
-create damaged looking sprites,place on building and hide onmapstart
-make an invisible sprite size ob building, make object as static flat.
-place on map, do on onobjecthits (i dont hink its called that) to un-hide certain damage sprites
-if repairing possible, do some more on-objecthits (1 hp higher than other hits) with ifs on variables that get created when the other onobject hits are activated.
=======
result-finally buildings with custom collision allover that can be destroyed (gunfire doesn't have to be explosive to destroy statics as long as it collides on the object suface)

edit: im not very good with flags, and want an object to respawrn if it has no waypath. i know you can just create on waypoint reached but that only works if waypoints are followed.
and no, making two waypoints connected to each other with an object following them somewhere hidden is not as relaible as what im after. cant i just do an ifstaticflags(somedin,somedin) create an ob, use the wait script, and reset flags so it repeats?

will attach ss compiling of some areas of mod
(boogles is a crap name, i am so going to change it)
millionth edit: its my 1 month aniver...thingee at these forums
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 10 April 2007 09:31

Dthdealer

11 April 2007 01:37 (UK time)

sorry, the centre main image is a little old, i have fixed the textes at the top of it,made the wooden floor in the room with 3 people + a soldier a little more realistic and half the lights.
starting up the mod makes me sad due to the loading time, and for some strange reason the map takes longer to load than barsor in times mod.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Dthdealer

11 April 2007 11:56 (UK time)

oh crap.
made a solid object for a collasped alley.
made a sector underneath.
scripted ononjectdie for the alley.
gets a pda message and also does a game message.
gives the player a bonus item
it keeps repeating the instant i close the pda. tried going over other script sectors (frame by frame in the coutersy time created by my slow computer between the messages) and they still dont help.
it'll hopefully work tommorow as i have had duplicate m2 procceses staying in task manager today, changed reolution and used windowed mode for scipting ease and found out that you can press the reload button quickly to sucess many reloads, a minigun can have -1 bullets (ss to prove) and rtss let me pick duplicates of the same item (tech 10 on one spot in coop mode)

talking about rtss if you set your coords in those building vehs to be in the start area to choose teams, ( i think x600y200) and then run over the red teams starter (did it as good guys and went onto baddies colour, havent tested other way) you lose the veh and come back to the starting section and you get the entire arsonal of ashes weapons as if there was no poweruplist, and then go back into the red teams chooser and you can shoot non-damaging blank projectiles while looking like your in the weapon mount editor. hail m2 scripting

Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Dthdealer

12 April 2007 09:24 (UK time)

edit: ugh, what do i have to do to remove the green on scopes?
also want to know why i can view the sprite in the weapon editor when i try to place the spot for projectiles to come out.
also, how can i make the godmode items and hit-point items. i know you use the ones already there and just add a powerup in them, but how can i make a certain hit for, flat statics for example.

edit:also uploading a section of another annoying script.

uploading beta1 right now
please read the comment in zip file
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 13 April 2007 10:18

me_mantis

14 April 2007 01:53 (UK time)

You can't give players hp with the sc_giveitem. you can set their health with..

SC_SetObjectHits(SC_GetPlayerObjectId(), 100);

Dthdealer

15 April 2007 01:43 (UK time)

i mean as in, seeing vehicles have their own hit powerup, how would i make a hit powerup for other unitclasses. setobjecthits is a script, not a powerup. if vehs can have their own powerups, humans can have their own, what about other objects? (flat statics, soldistatics, fixed defence etc)

Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

1up

15 April 2007 13:25 (UK time)

Don't all objects use the Hitpoints function, regardless of recovery and repair differences? The only difference is the unit for healing, predetermined if said object was organic or mechanical.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Dthdealer

16 April 2007 11:30 (UK time)

yes, but setobjecthits has nothing todo with what i am asking
it obviously isn't possible without heavy scripting, now back to the point, what do you think of the beta?
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 16 April 2007 11:31

arezey

21 April 2007 16:48 (UK time)

LOL I'm quoting an ancient post, but...

''Apparently quotation marsk dont show up on these forums either.''
Yep, i've been asking for entitie replacement instead of spaces for AGES and nothing has happened... I'd say it would be just a small change! :|

BTW the beta is great and i want to take all use of it :)

Edited: 21 April 2007 16:49

Dthdealer

13 May 2007 01:47 (UK time)

thankyou! finally someone who says something about beta 1
work on the mod has seemed to halted on the mod until now, will hopefully put some more in today.
i'd expect the first remark for it would be negative or "way too random".
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Janne

24 July 2008 13:33 (UK time)

I can't play This mod because it gots jammed to the title. Does enybody know what is wrong?

Dthdealer

26 July 2008 09:02 (UK time)

It's been ages since I last worked on this mod, due to the loss of the newest beta. Also note my lack of spelling and grammar.

Possible reasons:
-You may be running it without admin rights under vista
-Your download was corrupted
-The JBgames server switch has corrupted the file (checking it now)
-You are running Norton anti-virus

Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

ParaSait

26 July 2008 15:12 (UK time)

Lol, if there is anything I don't want one my hard drive, it's Norton or McAfee =P

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dthdealer

27 July 2008 01:11 (UK time)

If someone installed that crud on my computer they'd get a floppy stuck in the head.
Especially since my password is 22 characters long and my computer boots into Ubuntu by default.

First Norton had Symantec, the well-renowned detector that couldn't remove a lollipop from an baby. Then they released Norton 360, a computer-takeover program that tried to be the only thing you use.
Mcafee on the other hand will load into services.dll to get you to buy their program again once your license has expired and you have un-installed the program. Trust me, I have a computer in another room victim to this.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

ParaSait

27 July 2008 12:38 (UK time)

PW of 22 chars? Wow, and you can actually remember that. =P

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

28 July 2008 07:05 (UK time)

maybe its something easy to remember, such as a name or a sentence
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Dthdealer

30 July 2008 11:18 (UK time)

Made up words and a string of numbers, guaranteed to not be cracked by password-dictionaries alone.
I'll have to think up a 32-character one soon for encryption reasons.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 30 July 2008 11:18

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use